Re: Labadie

We have to pay him until July anyway, so why not offer him a contract loaded with triggers, such as a reduced salary until he’s able to play first team football, lets say January 19 then when he does that it triggers an increase in salary, then another trigger once he’s played x amount of games, and then an increase for his next full season.
I would only do this on a three year so we actually get the possibility of two and half seasons out of him.
There should also be trigger points for the club to be able to terminate the contract without penalty during any transfer window just in case he doesn’t come back the same player he was.
I think that would be fair compassionate and wise, it would also give us a great opportunity to keep hold of the one person that makes our team tick.

If he was staying wd have signed that very good contract offered to him , FGR offered more thats football iam afraid all ready talked to them , it works both ways when contract expires just unfortunate got injured and wont see him again .

owlsabout wrote:Just heard its not as bad as first feared having a operation this wk plus FGR have been in contact with labs already for nx season so no point even debating this topic anymore
Owlsabout please give Flynny a call with your news, as yesterday he said that he is expecting the result of the scan on Monday :shock:

The point being missed is that he was holding talks with FGR that was before he was injured, and he hasn’t signed a pre-contract yet!! With any club as he was also in talks with two other clubs as well as us, so the injury if it’s as bad as suspected has moved the goal posts

Exile 1976 wrote:I have it on good authority that Labs is signing a new deal with us...
Cannot blame him now
Seriously nobody else would take him on with a minimum 9 month injury unless its not that bad.
Bet he bit the BOD's hand off if correct.

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I have it on good authority that Labs is signing a new deal with us...
Cannot blame him now
Seriously nobody else would take him on with a minimum 9 month injury unless its not that bad.
Bet he bit the BOD's hand off if correct.

Well, when I say 'good authority' i mean i read it on 'county chat' on FB that he told a kid that he was staying and the poster believes it. Fair play.

owlsabout wrote:If he was staying wd have signed that very good contract offered to him , FGR offered more thats football iam afraid all ready talked to them , it works both ways when contract expires just unfortunate got injured and wont see him again .
The reports I have read indicate that he and the club were "in talks", which I understood to mean that a contract had yet to be offered.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Newportonian wrote:The point being missed is that he was holding talks with FGR that was before he was injured, and he hasn’t signed a pre-contract yet!! With any club as he was also in talks with two other clubs as well as us, so the injury if it’s as bad as suspected has moved the goal posts
Which other clubs?

Cornish Exile wrote:
owlsabout wrote:If he was staying wd have signed that very good contract offered to him , FGR offered more thats football iam afraid all ready talked to them , it works both ways when contract expires just unfortunate got injured and wont see him again .
The reports I have read indicate that he and the club were "in talks", which I understood to mean that a contract had yet to be offered.

Correct me if I'm wrong
Doesn't in talks mean a contract has been offered and they are discussing it? Why would they just be in talks? What would they be saying? We may offer you this?

I've always taken it that in talks in regards to contract offers are an offer has been made and both sides are going back and fore trying to reach an agreement.

Bush wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong
Doesn't in talks mean a contract has been offered and they are discussing it? Why would they just be in talks? What would they be saying? We may offer you this?

I've always taken it that in talks in regards to contract offers are an offer has been made and both sides are going back and fore trying to reach an agreement.

The point is, we don't know.

I would be extremely surprised if a club who's captain was out of contract in the summer hadnt offered a contract by the end of march to him. Surely you would have to question the decision making of the club.