Re: Really worried?

countymadbel wrote:Question and when will we know the answer to the survey. At the end of the day the wru can say jump and we say how high. As we got no say over the stadium we need to start looking at alternatives now.
REALLY? I think i best start my wish list for Santa early this year!

countymadbel wrote:Question and when will we know the answer to the survey. At the end of the day the wru can say jump and we say how high. As we got no say over the stadium we need to start looking at alternatives now.
No, its a statement, punctuated with a question mark

A club director has already cut down your original post, showing that your guy "in the know" is spreading rumour and not fact

I'm sure the club will announce the results in due time, probably after starting work on whatever result was chosen. After all, isn't it better for the club to have already started to prepare for whatever model we would be using, without advertising to the masses that is now the option we have to go with. This way the club would hold a better hand in any negotiations

ComeOnCounty wrote:
No, its a statement, punctuated with a question mark

A club director has already cut down your original post, showing that your guy "in the know" is spreading rumour and not fact

I'm sure the club will announce the results in due time, probably after starting work on whatever result was chosen. After all, isn't it better for the club to have already started to prepare for whatever model we would be using, without advertising to the masses that is now the option we have to go with. This way the club would hold a better hand in any negotiations
That sounds like common sense to me. Sadly something that is not often that common on here

My mate in the know says that our printer has run out of toner, so we may not be able to issue match tickets for the coming season?

Resulting in a massive drop in revenue for the club.

Can anyone confirm if there is any truth whatsoever in this story that I just made up?

Re: WRU & County

guest101 wrote:
girl saturday wrote:
guest101 wrote:

We have a valid reason why we are not making a statement at the moment.

Rob Sant.
Hi Rob, I think people appreciate the way yourself & a few others have walked into an existing culture and are trying to change things.
However there has previously been so much secrecy even on inconsequentially mundane things I think that it's inevitable fans will look to other sources for information. I'm surprised something like this has not surfaced previously.
I can appreciate some things need to be kept confidential, but on a similar level, we all asked ourselves and each other why we didn't ask enough questions last time things went pear shaped. This time as a fans owned club we have a responsibility to ask questions I believe!!
I just think personally that we all collectively (BoD, fans, trust members, everyone else) can't have it both ways.

Agree happy to answer any question even more happy to speak to anyone over a phone or beer. I’m only on the board for one term and loved to leave us in a better position even better with more good people joining the board that’s progress. I Do believe the board did have a bit of siege mentality before and can understand why. now i've got involved. Everyone does what they think best for the County.
As for the ongoing stuff with the WRU
i can’t comment, It wouldn’t be in the best interests of the club and that comes first

Regards
Rob Sant
07989 448692
Hi Rob, agree with you that the club comes first and what my son had in mind was an invite to one of our regular supporters meetings. It was not I’m sure to jeopardise any ongoing talks but to foster better understanding of how our organisations could and should cooperate in the future to run the relationship smoothly and to mutually enhance each other’s futures. As regards the press I’m sure he’d speak to them , after all he always has done so openly in the past. I can’t and wouldn’t attempt to air his views here but I can assure you that he would be open and honest in addressing the fans if such an invitation was extended.

Baladabadi wrote:My mate in the know says that our printer has run out of toner, so we may not be able to issue match tickets for the coming season?

Resulting in a massive drop in revenue for the club.

Can anyone confirm if there is any truth whatsoever in this story that I just made up?
Sadly some people probably will, There appears to be (hopefully a tiny minority) who are desperate to think the worst ?
Do you remember private fraser from dads army .WE ARE ALL DOOOOOOOOMED !

Re: WRU & County

Lowandhard wrote:
"Hi Rob, agree with you that the club comes first and what my son had in mind was an invite to one of our regular supporters meetings. It was not I’m sure to jeopardise any ongoing talks but to foster better understanding of how our organisations could and should cooperate in the future to run the relationship smoothly and to mutually enhance each other’s futures. As regards the press I’m sure he’d speak to them , after all he always has done so openly in the past. I can’t and wouldn’t attempt to air his views here but I can assure you that he would be open and honest in addressing the fans if such an invitation was extended."

This could be the start of exactly the kind of bridge building between both codes that many messageboarders have said we need for ages. Admittedly there could be reasons we're unaware of as to why this would not be able /allowed to happen, but the basic idea of someone in a position of authority / influence rugby-wise, meeting with county fans, as PART OF A PANEL on an open evening has got to be positive.
I'm incredibly worried for the medium - long term future of the entire Newport County club existence. I have a horrible feeling that things could easily go tits up very quickly, in such a way that recovery seems impossible.

I personally would like to know whether we have any way of staying at RP beyond 2023, and if not, where will we go, and are we doing anything towards that end NOW, while we have a chance.
I have this really dreadful feeling, if not sorted, we'll see the following footnote on League 2 table: " *Newport County resigned from the league - record expunged"
Someone please tell me, Mr.Buttress if necessary, but someone please tell me, I am worrying for nothing...... I need to hear the words, "there's nothing to worry about"....