ivy bush

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Re: ivy bush

Postby County Exile » August 10th, 2018, 12:53 pm

The statement sounds like a joint one covering both football and rugby, so maybe the club had little option other than to publish it.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » August 10th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Football and rugby season-ticket holders can benefit from a drinks discount this season at Rodney Parade bars, following an annual operational and pricing review.
Newport County AFC, Newport RFC and Dragons will all benefit from bar revenues on match days this season, so to reward the most loyal supporters of both football and rugby in our City, season ticket holders will enjoy a 30p per pint price reduction on listed prices across the venue’s bars.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... rs-to-you/
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » August 10th, 2018, 6:13 pm

penycwm county wrote:Football and rugby season-ticket holders can benefit from a drinks discount this season at Rodney Parade bars, following an annual operational and pricing review.
Newport County AFC, Newport RFC and Dragons will all benefit from bar revenues on match days this season, so to reward the most loyal supporters of both football and rugby in our City, season ticket holders will enjoy a 30p per pint price reduction on listed prices across the venue’s bars.

Nice little price drop that. Though in reality, Rodney Parade's beer prices aren't too bad, never have been. I remember having a pint in town, then the same pint in RP, and it was cheaper at RP, which for a sporting venue is good going.....
no avatar
User

owlsabout

Postby owlsabout » August 10th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Really I give in
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » August 10th, 2018, 6:45 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:
penycwm county wrote:Football and rugby season-ticket holders can benefit from a drinks discount this season at Rodney Parade bars, following an annual operational and pricing review.

Nice little price drop that. Though in reality, Rodney Parade's beer prices aren't too bad, never have been. I remember having a pint in town, then the same pint in RP, and it was cheaper at RP, which for a sporting venue is good going.....

If i remember right a pint of carling was £3.50 at the ground and the same pint £2.20 at the pub down the road
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » August 10th, 2018, 7:00 pm

Seems this is the WRU response to the Ivy Bush.
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » August 10th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Amberexile wrote:Seems this is the WRU response to the Ivy Bush.

I think there'll still be plenty of drinkers over RP, some people like to drink early at the ground, watch people arrive, listen to music etc... I think the Ivy Bush will appeal to those who already drink away from RP, but will be attracted by the fact that the money goes to the Club.
Plenty of room for everyone to choose their preference.
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » August 10th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Will encourage more to get a drink at half time.
no avatar
User

big baz

Newport,

Postby big baz » August 10th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Totally wrong. The season ticket discount was agreed a while ago but the club never released the info.

Next rumour?
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » August 10th, 2018, 10:06 pm

big baz wrote:

Totally wrong. The season ticket discount was agreed a while ago but the club never released the info.

Next rumour?

In which case it does look like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Shambles.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » August 10th, 2018, 10:16 pm

The Bush had all the beer pipes cleaned through today so never mind the 30p saving,taste that lovely pure stuff and give your money to the club instead of the WRU.
no avatar
User

big baz

Newport,

Postby big baz » August 10th, 2018, 10:22 pm

Amberexile wrote:
big baz wrote:

Next rumour?

In which case it does look like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Shambles.

I do to know whether the club were told not to release it until a certain date but I and a few others were told of it a few weeks back. Not by anyone from the county I must add
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » August 10th, 2018, 10:25 pm

I am surprised no-one has thought of opening a Bovril,Hot Chocolate and Coconut water bar... I am sure there is a mountain of fans who would support such an initiative.on match days
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Postby Tony Soprano » August 10th, 2018, 10:31 pm

I'm not blowing the Ivy Bush trumpet here but a good friend & County fan passed away in the close season, his funeral was mid July & the wake was held at the marquee at RP, at a guess I'd say the beer/cider had been lying in the lines since the end of the football/rugby season, it was vile to say the least & I can honestly say I've never had an enjoyable pint over there in all the years I've been going there.
The lines were cleaned at the Ivy Bush today so I'd expect a nice pint in there tomorrow.
People have the right to drink where ever they like but as the price of a pint isn't cheap these days I'd rather an enjoyable 1 than a pint of dishwater.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » August 10th, 2018, 10:35 pm

mad norm wrote:I am surprised no-one has thought of opening a Bovril,Hot Chocolate and Coconut water bar... I am sure there is a mountain of fans who would support such an initiative.on match days

and then giving season ticket holders vouchers for free drinks in Starbucks :lol:
PreviousNext