ivy bush

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

County Exile

Posts

5476

Location

Frome, Somerset

Re: ivy bush

Postby County Exile » August 10th, 2018, 12:53 pm

The statement sounds like a joint one covering both football and rugby, so maybe the club had little option other than to publish it.
User avatar
User

penycwm county

Posts

1682

Location

Pembrokeshire

Re: ivy bush

Postby penycwm county » August 10th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Football and rugby season-ticket holders can benefit from a drinks discount this season at Rodney Parade bars, following an annual operational and pricing review.
Newport County AFC, Newport RFC and Dragons will all benefit from bar revenues on match days this season, so to reward the most loyal supporters of both football and rugby in our City, season ticket holders will enjoy a 30p per pint price reduction on listed prices across the venue’s bars.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... rs-to-you/
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5894

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: ivy bush

Postby newgroundrodney » August 10th, 2018, 6:13 pm

penycwm county wrote:Football and rugby season-ticket holders can benefit from a drinks discount this season at Rodney Parade bars, following an annual operational and pricing review.
Newport County AFC, Newport RFC and Dragons will all benefit from bar revenues on match days this season, so to reward the most loyal supporters of both football and rugby in our City, season ticket holders will enjoy a 30p per pint price reduction on listed prices across the venue’s bars.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... rs-to-you/


Nice little price drop that. Though in reality, Rodney Parade's beer prices aren't too bad, never have been. I remember having a pint in town, then the same pint in RP, and it was cheaper at RP, which for a sporting venue is good going.....
no avatar
User

owlsabout

Posts

589

Re: ivy bush

Postby owlsabout » August 10th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Really I give in
User avatar
User

daftasfxxx

Posts

4856

Location

Newport

Re: ivy bush

Postby daftasfxxx » August 10th, 2018, 6:45 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:
penycwm county wrote:Football and rugby season-ticket holders can benefit from a drinks discount this season at Rodney Parade bars, following an annual operational and pricing review.
Newport County AFC, Newport RFC and Dragons will all benefit from bar revenues on match days this season, so to reward the most loyal supporters of both football and rugby in our City, season ticket holders will enjoy a 30p per pint price reduction on listed prices across the venue’s bars.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... rs-to-you/


Nice little price drop that. Though in reality, Rodney Parade's beer prices aren't too bad, never have been. I remember having a pint in town, then the same pint in RP, and it was cheaper at RP, which for a sporting venue is good going.....

If i remember right a pint of carling was £3.50 at the ground and the same pint £2.20 at the pub down the road
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5530

Location

Sheffield

Re: ivy bush

Postby Amberexile » August 10th, 2018, 7:00 pm

Seems this is the WRU response to the Ivy Bush.
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

5894

Location

Cardiff, UK

Re: ivy bush

Postby newgroundrodney » August 10th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Amberexile wrote:Seems this is the WRU response to the Ivy Bush.



I think there'll still be plenty of drinkers over RP, some people like to drink early at the ground, watch people arrive, listen to music etc... I think the Ivy Bush will appeal to those who already drink away from RP, but will be attracted by the fact that the money goes to the Club.
Plenty of room for everyone to choose their preference.
User avatar
User

Marky

Posts

2762

Location

Mazeglaas

Re: ivy bush

Postby Marky » August 10th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Will encourage more to get a drink at half time.
no avatar
User

big baz

Posts

3876

Location

Newport,

Re: ivy bush

Postby big baz » August 10th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Amberexile wrote:Seems this is the WRU response to the Ivy Bush.


Totally wrong. The season ticket discount was agreed a while ago but the club never released the info.

Next rumour?
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5530

Location

Sheffield

Re: ivy bush

Postby Amberexile » August 10th, 2018, 10:06 pm

big baz wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Seems this is the WRU response to the Ivy Bush.


Totally wrong. The season ticket discount was agreed a while ago but the club never released the info.

Next rumour?


In which case it does look like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Shambles.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

1899

Re: ivy bush

Postby Percy plunkett » August 10th, 2018, 10:16 pm

The Bush had all the beer pipes cleaned through today so never mind the 30p saving,taste that lovely pure stuff and give your money to the club instead of the WRU.
no avatar
User

big baz

Posts

3876

Location

Newport,

Re: ivy bush

Postby big baz » August 10th, 2018, 10:22 pm

Amberexile wrote:
big baz wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Seems this is the WRU response to the Ivy Bush.


Totally wrong. The season ticket discount was agreed a while ago but the club never released the info.

Next rumour?


In which case it does look like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Shambles.


I do to know whether the club were told not to release it until a certain date but I and a few others were told of it a few weeks back. Not by anyone from the county I must add
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

4788

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: ivy bush

Postby mad norm » August 10th, 2018, 10:25 pm

I am surprised no-one has thought of opening a Bovril,Hot Chocolate and Coconut water bar... I am sure there is a mountain of fans who would support such an initiative.on match days
User avatar
User

Tony Soprano

Posts

5262

Location

np2o

Re: ivy bush

Postby Tony Soprano » August 10th, 2018, 10:31 pm

I'm not blowing the Ivy Bush trumpet here but a good friend & County fan passed away in the close season, his funeral was mid July & the wake was held at the marquee at RP, at a guess I'd say the beer/cider had been lying in the lines since the end of the football/rugby season, it was vile to say the least & I can honestly say I've never had an enjoyable pint over there in all the years I've been going there.
The lines were cleaned at the Ivy Bush today so I'd expect a nice pint in there tomorrow.
People have the right to drink where ever they like but as the price of a pint isn't cheap these days I'd rather an enjoyable 1 than a pint of dishwater.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5530

Location

Sheffield

Re: ivy bush

Postby Amberexile » August 10th, 2018, 10:35 pm

mad norm wrote:I am surprised no-one has thought of opening a Bovril,Hot Chocolate and Coconut water bar... I am sure there is a mountain of fans who would support such an initiative.on match days

and then giving season ticket holders vouchers for free drinks in Starbucks :lol:
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Powered by phpBB ®