Re: Interesting ...... or no ???

I can see that having that parcel of land would be useful if they want to build a new stand there. Never big enough to include conference facilities, offices, restaurants and a hotel as outlined by Mr Buttress.
Surely the only place for that would be the cabbage patch. If it all went ahead it must mean no housing and a secure future for the site as a sporting facility. Sounds OK to me.

My worry with them building a new stand would be Newport County would be responsible for a third of that cost and there rent put up due to the "upgrade of facilities clause"
Instead of giving a freebie to the WRU, the land should come with a strict covenant of safeguarding professional sport for both codes at Rodney Parade

rdh2210 wrote:My worry with them building a new stand would be Newport County would be responsible for a third of that cost and there rent put up due to the "upgrade of facilities clause"
Instead of giving a freebie to the WRU, the land should come with a strict covenant of safeguarding professional sport for both codes at Rodney Parade
You should read 'The ragged trousered philanthropist' by Robert Tressell. He makes exactly the same point.

rdh2210 wrote:My worry with them building a new stand would be Newport County would be responsible for a third of that cost and there rent put up due to the "upgrade of facilities clause"
So are you saying this contract means we have to pay a 1/3 towards upgrading a facility we do not own and could be still kicked out in 4 years?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
So are you saying this contract means we have to pay a 1/3 towards upgrading a facility we do not own and could be still kicked out in 4 years?

He didn't say that. He said the WRU would put the rent up and would use the contract to say that as they had improved the facilities we would be liable to funding that cost.

Now if the WRU take out a loan/mortgage over say a fifty year period, Newport County would be liable for one third of the repayments. For however long we remain as licensees at Rodney Parade.

That's how I read it anyway.

Alan G Bryant wrote:So if we are contributing to the costs of upgrading the stadium and facilities, do we have a say in the procurement process? Or is it a case of the Dragons / WRU saying here is the invoice?
Do we have a say? No.

You are relatively new to this board. If you were not you would know that I have been going on about the problems caused by our failure to develop a football stadium for the last 16 years.

I know a lot of people who have been posting find my obsession boring. Although I doubt very much that they find it as boring as I do. However I feel it my duty to educate the next generation.

Edit.

A couple of months ago we were told by our landlords. This is the best deal you are going to get. In terms.....

If you don't like it feel free to go elsewhere. Sling your hook. Go f@ck yourselves. Go back to Spytty.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
The agreement doesn't say that.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

We are with regards to the pitch that is exactly as it stands....Haven't seen the contract so I have no idea but that info is out in the public domain

neilcork68 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

We are with regards to the pitch that is exactly as it stands....Haven't seen the contract so I have no idea but that info is out in the public domain
The pitch is a different matter as that is linked to a contractual obligation on behalf of the WRU (now) that we have to contribute our fare share towards.
As far as the WRU deciding to upgrade the ground is concerned I can see no way the agreement ties that back to our payments unless, for example, the stadium had to become all seater because league rules dictated it.
We could however, be on the hook for a share of increased maintenance costs due to a new stand.