Re: Supporters trust, open meeting 20th Sept

lowandhard wrote:I don’t understand the rejoicing at being unable to see somebody else’s view but whatever rocks your boat. Having said that this thread would be better used when put to arguing about the future model and the best ways of raising funds including trust membership levels. This needs constant publication to the fans so that adequate contribution levels are (hopefully) reached.
I thought the expats membership was a good idea and gives such fans a clear way to help the club out. It’s up to all of us now.
My thoughts exactly. Just to clarify my 'Hurrah' was for squabling posters apparantly agreeing a ceasefire.
I have updated my trust membership via monthly direct debit, however there appears to be a 'server error notice' on the website for anyone wishing to newly become a member? Any one able to help?

My view is that we need to focus on getting ourselves a ground ASAP or lobby the council urgently to take over RP once the Dragons inevitably fail.

For all the talk about us being bad off the field just look at the Dragons. They have a big team of commercial staff but are giving away a thousand tickets a game and still can’t get over 3k spectators. People are calling their chairman Comical Butty because they keep announcing attendances of over 4K when there is only 2k there.

To think Newport RFC used to get 8k every week. It’s clear that County is now the primary sport in Newport and that the terribly run Dragons will be gone before we know it - if this is the case we need to start lobbying now and start planning to take over RP if we can as their is no way the WRU will allow the Dragons to carry on like they are.

Lysaght Dancer wrote:My view is that we need to focus on getting ourselves a ground ASAP or lobby the council urgently to take over RP once the Dragons inevitably fail.

For all the talk about us being bad off the field just look at the Dragons. They have a big team of commercial staff but are giving away a thousand tickets a game and still can’t get over 3k spectators. People are calling their chairman Comical Butty because they keep announcing attendances of over 4K when there is only 2k there.

To think Newport RFC used to get 8k every week. It’s clear that County is now the primary sport in Newport and that the terribly run Dragons will be gone before we know it - if this is the case we need to start lobbying now and start planning to take over RP if we can as their is no way the WRU will allow the Dragons to carry on like they are.
Just pause for a moment. I agree entirely about our need to lobby the Council for County to have a proper stake in Rodney Parade.

However to work it has to be done in conjunction with the rugby. Neither the rugby or us are big enough alone to finance the development of a 21st century stadium. Working together we might be able to. Working together with the City Council I think the three together most certainly can.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Lysaght Dancer wrote:My view is that we need to focus on getting ourselves a ground ASAP or lobby the council urgently to take over RP once the Dragons inevitably fail.

Just pause for a moment. I agree entirely about our need to lobby the Council for County to have a proper stake in Rodney Parade.

However to work it has to be done in conjunction with the rugby. Neither the rugby or us are big enough alone to finance the development of a 21st century stadium. Working together we might be able to. Working together with the City Council I think the three together most certainly can.
I would agree with Stan on his assessment of the Rugby,Football and council working together is our best way forward. Don't have a lot of faith in it happening though.
Certainly can't see how anti-Dragon tirades prophesising their demise helps the situation. As someone who has actually attended County and Dragons matches this season where attendances were announced as just over 4.000 i have to say they looked remarkably similar to me. Would love to see that figure for Saturdays game againgst Cambridge. Don't have agreat deal of faith in that either.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I watched a bit of the Dragons-Zebre game on TV and the gate looked well under 2,000, what was it declared as?

Not County, but Oxford United's future at the Kassam seems in doubt, thread about it on their forum here https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/cons ... 238/page-4
Dragons v Zebre crowd was 4,104. When I've watched the Dragons it seems to me that they get more sitting in the Hazel rather than the Bisley, which doesn't come across on TV.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I watched a bit of the Dragons-Zebre game on TV and the gate looked well under 2,000, what was it declared as?

Not County, but Oxford United's future at the Kassam seems in doubt, thread about it on their forum here https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/cons ... 238/page-4

Declared at just over 4000. I'm not saying it is accurate, because of cause I would be guessing. Can only reiterate what I have seen with my own eyes at games I have attended. Remembering of course the capacity of the Bisley is over 2,500 isn't it for rugby? without the unused segregated area as for football. Also i believe season ticket holders are often included in attendance figures even when they don't attend ?

It also seems we are veering away from the title of this thread and the more important new trust memberships announced at the recent meeting. Are posters signing up?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

It seems there is a lack of understanding of the complexities of who owns pro rugby at the ground.

We can’t ‘work with the rugby’ because the Dragons are the WRU and the WRU are the Dragons.

‘the rugby’ in this case will cease to exist if the WRU decide to knock pro rugby in the area on the head, which is looking increasingly likely. The WRU only took on the Dragons because they got the asset on the cheap. So if they go, the rugby goes.

Newport RFC (who’s asset was taken from them for 30 peices of silver) who are now semi pro will not attract anything north of 1000 fans even for big games.

So if we ended up taking a stake in RP then it will be as us as the lead party, it will be us with the biggest stake and will be us who the council will be more interested in.

And the only way we can get RP is if we pay the WRU £6-£7m. This will require a couple of million from the council, a lot of private funding and a big massive mortgage.

The NCFC Hippy wrote:Unfortunately I could not attend the meeting last night as a bit poorly, but from what I can gather the biggest news is that the Trust are going to offer alternative levels of Trust Membership, depending on how much one pays a month.

For me, investors apart (and that's another story) this is the definite way forward -
It's madness that us Trust members (1400 odd) pay only £10 per year membership.
All well run Trust clubs utilise the Trust to bring in much more revenue.
The offer of starting with £5 onto £10 onto more per month from existing and hopefully new Trust members is very logical and achievable. There will be those of us who for whatever reason choose not to give, I'm not passing judgement on that.
But for me even if all 1400 of us went from giving the yearly tenner and gaining £14,000 to giving the minimum £60 per year we would see a jump to £84,000 (£70,00 more coming into the club), hopefully more if we all gave more, £10 per month is 33p a day etc.
This makes a genuine difference to a club like ours and for me is a great idea waiting to be done. So well done all.
I am not saying the trust board is perfect, I'm not saying we don't want investors, but for actions rather than debating this has to be done and I'll defo sign up for more input and hope more of us 'supporters' old and new do so too.
U.T.C
I pay 10 pound a month and may never see another game, just saying! And the club is in my will.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Spot on , Brendan ! And without a condescending remark through that whole statement !!! Well done :wink:

Corpaboy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Spot on , Brendan ! And without a condescending remark through that whole statement !!! Well done :wink:

Thank you.

Why don't you try it sometime?

:grin:

jonescmj1 wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:Unfortunately I could not attend the meeting last night as a bit poorly, but from what I can gather the biggest news is that the Trust are going to offer alternative levels of Trust Membership, depending on how much one pays a month.

For me, investors apart (and that's another story) this is the definite way forward -
The offer of starting with £5 onto £10 onto more per month from existing and hopefully new Trust members is very logical and achievable. There will be those of us who for whatever reason choose not to give, I'm not passing judgement on that.
But for me even if all 1400 of us went from giving the yearly tenner and gaining £14,000 to giving the minimum £60 per year we would see a jump to £84,000 (£70,00 more coming into the club), hopefully more if we all gave more, £10 per month is 33p a day etc.
This makes a genuine difference to a club like ours and for me is a great idea waiting to be done. So well done all.
I am not saying the trust board is perfect, I'm not saying we don't want investors, but for actions rather than debating this has to be done and I'll defo sign up for more input and hope more of us 'supporters' old and new do so too.
U.T.C
I pay 10 pound a month and may never see another game, just saying! And the club is in my will.
Colin,

That is commendable. However even if we could get 1000 to follow you example it would increase our annual income by only £120,000.

The real solution is to increase our gates. 300 adults at £17 a game is £5,100. x 23 equals £123,300. 300 paying adults per match is a more realistic target.

That is not meant as any criticism of yourself, nor anyone making a contribution.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:

U.T.C
Colin,

That is commendable. However even if we could get 1000 to follow you example it would increase our annual income by only £120,000.

The real solution is to increase our gates. 300 adults at £17 a game is £5,100. x 23 equals £123,300. 300 paying adults per match is a more realistic target.

That is not meant as any criticism of yourself, nor anyone making a contribution.
Shouldn't we be aspiring to both