dan butler

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

hazel terrace

dan butler

Postby hazel terrace » September 29th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Dan Butler was my man of the match again today 3 assists and strong in defence. fine player.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Re: dan butler

Postby UPTHEPORT » September 29th, 2018, 9:52 pm

Welcome to the Board Dan :grin:
User

B0mbshell

Allt-yr-yn

Postby B0mbshell » September 29th, 2018, 9:59 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Welcome to the Board Dan :grin:

:cheers: :lol: :cheers: :lol: :cheers: :lol:
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Newport

Postby SULLY34 » September 29th, 2018, 10:06 pm

hazel terrace wrote:Dan Butler was my man of the match again today 3 assists and strong in defence. fine player.

Get your vote in on MOM then !
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Postby Corpaboy » September 29th, 2018, 11:17 pm

All joking aside .... Butler has been one of our best and most consistent players over the last few seasons .
Don't underestimate the interest he'll get from other teams ...... class player , and has been since he joined us .
no avatar
User

Special branch

Postby Special branch » September 29th, 2018, 11:42 pm

I would have him further up with Pring at left back. He's having a great season and has had two very good years before this but he is not the best defender. He is a bit like Sandell: very good coming forward and with set pieces bur quite easily turned at the back.
no avatar
User

Newportonian

Postby Newportonian » October 1st, 2018, 1:35 pm

What’s going on with dan Butler’s shorts ? Has anybody else noticed they’re getting shorter and shorter each game, I’m wondering is there some sort of gimmick going on like the Welsh squad and their photos
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » October 1st, 2018, 7:26 pm

Special branch wrote:I would have him further up with Pring at left back. He's having a great season and has had two very good years before this but he is not the best defender. He is a bit like Sandell: very good coming forward and with set pieces bur quite easily turned at the back.

I’ve often thought that, definitely worth a try.
no avatar
User

somerton moss

Postby somerton moss » October 1st, 2018, 8:10 pm

Dan has reached his lofty heights of reliable, consistent performer who has become one of the first on the team sheet since Flynny has been manager a testament of his management skills.
Bennett now in midfield is playing mom performances lately replacing the void that Labadie left. Playing the level like he did for Exeter when he captained their team magnificently would be an ideal captain for us.
Flynn's man management skills are second to none.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » October 1st, 2018, 8:27 pm

somerton moss wrote:Dan has reached his lofty heights of reliable, consistent performer who has become one of the first on the team sheet since Flynny has been manager a testament of his management skills.
Bennett now in midfield is playing mom performances lately replacing the void that Labadie left. Playing the level like he did for Exeter when he captained their team magnificently would be an ideal captain for us.
Flynn's man management skills are second to none.

A welcome dose of reality entering the discussion .
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » October 11th, 2018, 6:27 pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... son-so-far

Dan Butler named in Sky's Lge 2 team of the season (so far, a bit odd after just 12 games), well deserved from what I've seen.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Cwmbran

Postby Blackandamber » October 11th, 2018, 10:46 pm

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11522523/sky-bet-league-two-201819-team-of-the-season-so-far

Dan Butler named in Sky's Lge 2 team of the season (so far, a bit odd after just 12 games), well deserved from what I've seen.

And former County full back Ryan Jackson on the other flank.