Re: Bristol Rovers / Flynny

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:The Bookies are just having fun with the punters......what will be will be now.
Evens favourite. This continued speculation is not good. My view is that Flynn should either specifically rule out a move before the end of the season or front up, say he is interested and put the ball in the boards court.

And if anybody wants to know why this speculation is so intense with punters it is that Flynn said "I was odds on for Shrewsbury but I didn't get the job." No matter how you dress that up Michael Flynn deserves great credit for quite literally saving Newport County. But that does not give him the right to f@ck with the club or the supporters.

Michael Flynn has every right to look after his own career and make decisions which he believes are in his own best interest. I certainly would not blame him if he chose to move on now.

However he is with his words fuelling speculation, and that is not acceptable.

I agree with you entirely. I also sense that because you haven't had numerous responses offering differences of opinion so do many others.
When I posted a little while back and quoted Flynn's statement of "I was odds on for the Shrewsbury job and didn't get it" some on here said I was "reading too much into it" ?

Glad I'm not the only one to have thought that was a stupid thing for him to say .
I'm with Stan on this one . He needs to either end the speculations and state he's here til at least the end of the season , or admit that he's looking to move on .
This could all scupper all of the hard work he has already done to get us in a great position in the League , with another good FA Cup tie coming up .
If all of these rumours are not nipped in the bud , the dressing room becomes unsettled , our form dips , and all of a sudden the second half of the season becomes a struggle

Corpaboy wrote:He needs to either end the speculations and state he's here til at least the end of the season , or admit that he's looking to move on .
He has already said numerous times that he is looking to manage at a higher level. Refusing to rule himself out of jobs thus passively allowing the speculation to continue is a major leverage he has with the board on securing new signings in January and extensions to existing contracts. He'd be foolish to just give that away.

He may be interested in Rovers, he may not and just be keeping his name in the game for when a job he is interested in comes around. If he doesn't end up at Rovers, I reckon we can look forward to more instances of the press speculating and Flynn playing them.

Amberexile wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:He needs to either end the speculations and state he's here til at least the end of the season , or admit that he's looking to move on .
He has already said numerous times that he is looking to manage at a higher level. Refusing to rule himself out of jobs thus passively allowing the speculation to continue is a major leverage he has with the board on securing new signings in January and extensions to existing contracts. He'd be foolish to just give that away.

He may be interested in Rovers, he may not and just be keeping his name in the game for when a job he is interested in comes around. If he doesn't end up at Rovers, I reckon we can look forward to more instances of the press speculating and Flynn playing them.
You’re very probably on the money with this interpretation. He’s more than likely using it to prise more money for the transfer window. Isn’t this a mirror image of what happened with his contract at about the time of the Spurs match?

Cornish Exile wrote:
rodneyboy wrote:4/6 with Sky Bet.Was much the same For the Shrewsbury job then fell away.Still have to wonder who's putting the money on him.
Could be Colchester, Bury and Mansfield fans. Any uncertainty would suit them. Or is that a bit too Machivellian.
Had he been around today Machiavelli would have been a bookmaker not a punter.

Knowing how the buggers work it seems that they believe his true odds to be about even.

Cornish Exile wrote:
rodneyboy wrote:4/6 with Sky Bet.Was much the same For the Shrewsbury job then fell away.Still have to wonder who's putting the money on him.
Could be Colchester, Bury and Mansfield fans. Any uncertainty would suit them. Or is that a bit too Machivellian.
You're reading too much into it !

Rovers fan in peace here . I see you mentioning our owners as a reason not to come but they gave dc the biggest budget in the clubs history and he wasted it on a lot of shit if I’m honest. Dc blamed the on pitch failings on everyone but himself which ultimately cost him his job. I believe bringing someone in like Flynn would push us on as he would sign the correct players and use the budget correctly

Well thanks for that.

But the grass isn’t always greener.

There is still plenty more to achieve for Flynny at Newport.

Save a team from relegation? He’s done it. Turn over bigger teams in the Cup. He’s done it. Get promotion? Still to be done. Rovers at the wrong end of the table to be of interest I think.

I’d recommend Graham Westley tbh. Lovely chap and we do miss him so...

lowandhard wrote:Archibald has come into the betting 5-1 overnight but Flynny still odds on atm :shock:

Just been talking to some of my Betting contracts and they have told me that Bristol Rovers look like they are going to wait until the end of the season. Whether they are in division one or two next season they are confident that they will get their young manager in place for the following season.