Proud

A very tight game, a 50/50 penalty decision. 1 angle a def pen, the other angle not so, but I thought it was, perhaps Matt made a bit too much of it ,the sending off , harsh but why give the ref a decision to make out wide. 1 class save by each keeper a great effort considering with 3mins of the regular season we were 10th - a great effort = well done Newport - proud tonight.

Re: Proud

Yes . Pride is indeed my overriding feeling of the season as the whole, and for yesterday. This includes, of course the management team, players and supporters, who have all played their part in a marvellously enjoyable season.

Especially proud yesterday of the vast majority of County supporters who stayed in their seats to applaud the team off, despite the very sad ending to the game. How often have we seen the defeated team supporters disappear in an apparent instance.

UTC

Re: Proud

Very proud too! There wasn’t a huge amount of quality on display from either side but we always had a bit more in terms of possession and chances until extra time. Penalty was definite for me - shouldn’t matter how he fell he was fouled. Biggest problem on the sending off for me was the first yellow he got was incredibly soft. Just hope we can get a few of them signed up again so we don’t have to start from scratch.