Re: Flat

UPTHEPORT wrote:Thought we the crowd where flat yesterday compared to the Strikebreakers away I was at both games

Tranmere out sang us yesterday
Tend to agree, atmosphere was brilliant at Mansfailed, yesterday a lot of us were with family and/or friends so we weren’t a cohesive unit as we usually are away. For example at Morecambe the fans were also brilliant singing “ We’re Newport County, we fight til the end “ , the goal in the last few minutes was almost sucked into the net. I felt the support was muted yesterday.

Blackwoodboy wrote:The best atmosphere I experienced was queueing outside entrance J before the game!! always tough though in a neutral venue vocal fans get split up.

Agree with that. At entrance J the fans were in good voice. There was even a TV crew there filming what was happening.

Thought the atmosphere inside was good though. Plenty of singing going on.

Not being funny but at Mansfield it was one smallish stand, everyone together, Wembley we were spread out with only 11000 fans in a 90000 arena :roll:

Personally I thought the atmosphere was really good and my 11yr old son loved it

Exile 1976 wrote:Not being funny but at Mansfield it was one smallish stand, everyone together, Wembley we were spread out with only 11000 fans in a 90000 arena :roll:

Personally I thought the atmosphere was really good and my 11yr old son loved it
Nice one mate. Glad your son loved it. Hopefully he will have that stored in his memory bank for the future to sustain him. I noticed a lot of young ones there. They are the future and they will take their memories with them.

pembsexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Not being funny but at Mansfield it was one smallish stand, everyone together, Wembley we were spread out with only 11000 fans in a 90000 arena :roll:

Nice one mate. Glad your son loved it. Hopefully he will have that stored in his memory bank for the future to sustain him. I noticed a lot of young ones there. They are the future and they will take their memories with them.

Cheers Mike, yeah he wants to go more next season so hopefully Merthyr will be away when we’re home.
As he was born, and lives in, Merthyr I want him to back his local side, as well as Newport.