Re: How much longer?

My guess is that he's already made their minds up for them.

Wouldn't be surprised if he said something like "you've got 3 weeks but after that I'm gonna have to plan for next season sorry".

Hence the small gap and then the spate of new signings.

Ain't they still being paid till the end of the month.
So other clubs wd have talked to these players and if agreed will wait till then . Mike probably knows anyway who is going ? We have just signed a keeper and 3 centre backs, that tells us something .Poole was never going to sign at utd probably on double the wages we CD offer .there s a reason Micky Dan Joe ran there contract s down .its the nature of the beast if you can play at a higher level and get paid more money you cant really blame them .let's just wait and see what new blood comes through the door

It’s also holiday season so many are only just coming back from a few weeks in the sun. Obviously we’ve still got the loan market which normally gets sorted out much later. I wonder if we have loans pencilled in but have to wait for the parent clubs to confirm once they’ve done their final dealings. I haven’t seen anything but I guess 1st July will be pre-season training so I would expect Flynny would want the majority of the squad sorted by then so I’m hoping for a few more signings or contract renewals in the next 10 days.

Dan Butler was organised new what he wanted and was honest with the club, the others waiting for the best deal, no regard for the manager or club in my opinion. If they want better then refuse the offer made by the club and let the manager complete the business required for hopefully successful season. No player is bigger than the club no matter how much we may rate them

Countymadbell wrote:How much longer will Mike allow the out of contract players to dither on signing a new contract. We the fans need to know sooner rather than later, in order to get adequate players in.
The agm is on the 27th of this month. there is also an open supporters meeting after, flynny wil more than likely be there so why not turn up and ask him face to face, i'm sure he would give you a true and honest answer.

ajs wrote:Dan Butler was organised new what he wanted and was honest with the club, the others waiting for the best deal, no regard for the manager or club in my opinion. If they want better then refuse the offer made by the club and let the manager complete the business required for hopefully successful season. No player is bigger than the club no matter how much we may rate them
Tbh you haven't a clue what's going on just like the rest of us and this is no better than fish wives gossip "in my opinion "

daftasfxxx, Tbh you haven't a clue what's going on just like the rest of us and this is no better than fish wives gossip "in my opinion "

I can assure you Butler was honest about the situation, would have gone even if we were promoted. A balance view top 6 with Peterborough, bottom 6 with county, we can't compete unfortunatley.
The others not signed, you're right just an opinion.
I now live on the Isle of Wight -- my son-in-law and his brother played against county many times. I grew up on Somerton Road early 50s

daftasfxxx wrote:-
Fairly obvious Dan was on his way, I guessed that before the season kicked off when he only accepted a years extension on his contract, the others being branded as having "no regard for manager or the club" is very unfair, just my honest opinion obviously.
Totally agree. As I understand it their current contracts run until the end of June and they are doing nothing wrong by weighing up their options in the meantime. I would guess there have already been discussions and the manager is probably well aware who is likely to stay or go and is planning accordingly - hence some of the positions that have been recruited already.