No injuries

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: No injuries

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 14th, 2020, 11:32 pm

Spiderman wrote:
phil crump wrote:And that’s your answer in a nutshell Flynn picks the 1st team and if he thinks any of our academy players aren’t ready his choice it’s not his job to get them ready


Woah, steady on , you’ll upset Frank and Percy. They seem to think that Dom Jeffries makes Dani Alves look like Seth Twumasi.

Funny thing I did think Twumasi was badly treated. Not by Flynny but certainly Butcher and Sheridan.
Is Flynny dictating these responses to you. :lol:
no avatar
User

Spiderman

Re: No injuries

Postby Spiderman » February 14th, 2020, 11:32 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:Dear Frank, from 2015

Butcher released Flynn as a player in 2015, with Flynn by then also serving as academy manager and having helped to bring the likes of Aaron Collins and Regan Poole into the senior squad.

I’ll ask again , Who has Byron brought into league 2?

All good fun

How could he bring anybody in with Flynny as manager.
Stop acting daft.
All good fun.


Ok, let’s put it another way , I’m sure you agree that if a player is good enough he’ll make it and find his level.

Who, from the Byron academy has progressed to league 2 level, despite being ignored by Flynn?
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: No injuries

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 14th, 2020, 11:36 pm

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:Dear Frank, from 2015

Butcher released Flynn as a player in 2015, with Flynn by then also serving as academy manager and having helped to bring the likes of Aaron Collins and Regan Poole into the senior squad.

I’ll ask again , Who has Byron brought into league 2?

All good fun

How could he bring anybody in with Flynny as manager.
Stop acting daft.
All good fun.


Ok, let’s put it another way , I’m sure you agree that if a player is good enough he’ll make it and find his level.

Who, from the Byron academy has progressed to league 2 level, despite being ignored by Flynn?

Sorry don't agree Spider.
You get very few breaks and once rejected its hard to return unless you are the odd lucky one.
Some cracking players in Nationwide and below who would walk into our squad.
How long was Byron in charge before he had enough?
no avatar
User

Spiderman

Re: No injuries

Postby Spiderman » February 14th, 2020, 11:36 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
phil crump wrote:And that’s your answer in a nutshell Flynn picks the 1st team and if he thinks any of our academy players aren’t ready his choice it’s not his job to get them ready


Woah, steady on , you’ll upset Frank and Percy. They seem to think that Dom Jeffries makes Dani Alves look like Seth Twumasi.

Funny thing I did think Twumasi was badly treated. Not by Flynny but certainly Butcher and Sheridan.
Is Flynny dictating these responses to you. :lol:


After his 10 games for us , Twumasi went on to Maidenhead and Maidstone , level 6 I think.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: No injuries

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 14th, 2020, 11:41 pm

phil crump wrote:Who said I was happy about the progress just pointing out it’s not Flynn’s problem or responsibility if our academy has not supplied a conveyor belt of players to play for the 1st team.maybe you should channel your frustration at those running the academy and ask them

Sorry but I thought it was his responsibility.
Did Byron resign because he couldn't work under, I stress under Flynny.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: No injuries

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 14th, 2020, 11:44 pm

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
phil crump wrote:And that’s your answer in a nutshell Flynn picks the 1st team and if he thinks any of our academy players aren’t ready his choice it’s not his job to get them ready


Woah, steady on , you’ll upset Frank and Percy. They seem to think that Dom Jeffries makes Dani Alves look like Seth Twumasi.

Funny thing I did think Twumasi was badly treated. Not by Flynny but certainly Butcher and Sheridan.
Is Flynny dictating these responses to you. :lol:


After his 10 games for us , Twumasi went on to Maidenhead and Maidstone , level 6 I think.

Like I said some good players in level 5 and 6.
Did the Beast go to level 5 then 6.
Sure until retiring he would of walked into our side.

Anyway time for a Kip happy to continue tomorrow.

Cheers
no avatar
User

phil crump

Re: No injuries

Postby phil crump » February 14th, 2020, 11:47 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
phil crump wrote:Who said I was happy about the progress just pointing out it’s not Flynn’s problem or responsibility if our academy has not supplied a conveyor belt of players to play for the 1st team.maybe you should channel your frustration at those running the academy and ask them

Sorry but I thought it was his responsibility.
Did Byron resign because he couldn't work under, I stress under Flynny.

Nope pretty sure Flynn’s job is safe if the academy results aren’t good enough and Byron didn’t resign because Flynn wouldn’t pick any of his academy players
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: No injuries

Postby Percy plunkett » February 15th, 2020, 12:09 am

Just to pick up on one of Spidermans remarks,he says that players who are good enough will come through anyway.I am sure he will agree that was the case with Regan Poole,he joined the club for preseason and by September was making his debut in the first team.Cardiff had made a massive error of judgment and we benefited from that.Flynny would not have had time to develop Regan in such a short space of time so any credit would have been superficial.Poole's talent was already there but,by all means try to give Michael all the credit,that's what best mates are for.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Re: No injuries

Postby George Street-Bridge » February 15th, 2020, 8:22 am

But one of the things with Poole was he had an amazing physique for a 16/17-year-old so that side of the game was no problem. He parked next to me once and he was huge. This is a thing with keepers in particular.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: No injuries

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 15th, 2020, 9:40 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:But one of the things with Poole was he had an amazing physique for a 16/17-year-old so that side of the game was no problem. He parked next to me once and he was huge. This is a thing with keepers in particular.

Agree 100% with your last sentence but unfortunately even keepers are not immune to injury during a game or illness before.
Far from ideal but one of the kids needs to be on the bench unless we have another Pipey or the late Alun Woods to jump in.
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: No injuries

Postby lowandhard » February 15th, 2020, 9:46 am

Is it my imagination or has Podge deputised in goal as an emergency?
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Re: No injuries

Postby George Street-Bridge » February 15th, 2020, 9:57 am

The problem with youth players is in the social media climate of the last few years there's a risk any serious mistake and some commenters will savage them, or someone will get a bee in their bonnet about them being ready when they aren't.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: No injuries

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » February 15th, 2020, 10:57 am

lowandhard wrote:Is it my imagination or has Podge deputised in goal as an emergency?


Imaginations are a funny thing when we get to our senior years, but I thought I heard mention of Demetriou as an emergency keeper?
Reports of him training there when we had the same situation when Townsend was injured last season
no avatar
User

Spiderman

Re: No injuries

Postby Spiderman » February 15th, 2020, 11:09 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:But one of the things with Poole was he had an amazing physique for a 16/17-year-old so that side of the game was no problem. He parked next to me once and he was huge. This is a thing with keepers in particular.



That’s a decent point , I’ve always had a soft spot for Everton and remember watching a 16 year old Rooney and thinking he was built like a man, contrast that with Michael Branch who was over used as a teenager in the mid 90s. His career dwindled into obscurity before being jailed for drug offences
no avatar
User

Fourthousand

Re: No injuries

Postby Fourthousand » February 15th, 2020, 11:24 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:Dear Frank, from 2015

Butcher released Flynn as a player in 2015, with Flynn by then also serving as academy manager and having helped to bring the likes of Aaron Collins and Regan Poole into the senior squad.

I’ll ask again , Who has Byron brought into league 2?

All good fun

How could he bring anybody in with Flynny as manager.
Stop acting daft.
All good fun.


Ok, let’s put it another way , I’m sure you agree that if a player is good enough he’ll make it and find his level.

Who, from the Byron academy has progressed to league 2 level, despite being ignored by Flynn?

Sorry don't agree Spider.
You get very few breaks and once rejected its hard to return unless you are the odd lucky one.
Some cracking players in Nationwide and below who would walk into our squad.
How long was Byron in charge before he had enough?


Frank, FM20 is available on most platforms, infact I believe you can play from your phone - let us know how you get on.

The Football Manager of my football club is Michael Flynn.

Ps if you do well ( on FM20) you could reference it on your CV the next time you apply for a football league managers job.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: countymadbel, daftasfxxx, mad norm, Ncfc1995, Stan A. Einstein

Powered by phpBB ®