Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Stan,
You have said the it is a mystery how the Trust money that goes to the Club is spent. That is the incorrect.
You have said that trust and the club are the same thing. That is also incorrect.
We have been told that the Trust money is used to increase the players budget and as I have said previously this is the logical thing to do.
The money from the Trust is termed Football Fortune Income with regards to the EFL Financial Fair Play Regulations and as such, 100% of it can be included in the playing budget above and beyond the 50% of Relevant Turnover (another EFL term).
In this way our total allowable player budget is increased.
That is how the Club spends the Trust money. It all goes on the playing budget.

Is that clear enough?

Amberexile wrote:Stan,
You have said the it is a mystery how the Trust money that goes to the Club is spent. That is the incorrect.
You have said that trust and the club are the same thing. That is also incorrect.
We have been told that the Trust money is used to increase the players budget and as I have said previously this is the logical thing to do.
The money from the Trust is termed Football Fortune Income with regards to the EFL Financial Fair Play Regulations and as such, 100% of it can be included in the playing budget above and beyond the 50% of Relevant Turnover (another EFL term).
In this way our total allowable player budget is increased.
That is how the Club spends the Trust money. It all goes on the playing budget.

Is that clear enough?
And every pay out to an unfairly treated former employee, ordered by an Employment Tribunal likewise reduces the money we can spend on the player budget. Is that clear enough?

And unless you know how much that is you don't have financial transparency. Is that clear enough?

And I'm still waiting for how you know that the £5,000 didn't come from the trust and your failure to answer that rather undermines your argument. Is that clear enough?

And calling into question my mental health and using pejorative language on a regular basis doesn't advance the debate one iota. And your failure to explain why you think it does or withdraw such unpleasant remarks is somewhat childish in my view. Is that clear enough.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
And every pay out to an unfairly treated former employee, ordered by an Employment Tribunal likewise reduces the money we can spend on the player budget. Is that clear enough?
No it doesn't.
And unless you know how much that is you don't have financial transparency. Is that clear enough?
You conflate the finances of the Trust and the Club.
And I'm still waiting for how you know that the £5,000 didn't come from the trust and your failure to answer that rather undermines your argument. Is that clear enough?
I didn't say that.
And calling into question my mental health and using pejorative language on a regular basis doesn't advance the debate one iota. And your failure to explain why you think it does or withdraw such unpleasant remarks is somewhat childish in my view. Is that clear enough.
Pot Kettle Black

Just content to have explained where you were wrong.

I just checked some figures.

Sligo population 20,232.
Newport population. 150,000+.

Sligo 3 days crowd funding €55,000. Number of people donating 983.

Newport 17 days crowd funding £29,000.
Number of people donating 325.

So let's cut the crap. Do you want to listen to the excuses offered by some or would you prefer to demand answers from your club.

And the question that needs answering is this. If a small isolated town on the far western coast of Ireland can do so much better than us, isn't it about time that that our club started to engage with the supporters?

Lest you be in any doubt let me put it starkly. Despite being seven and a half times smaller than Newport, in three days Sligo Rovers have managed to raise 80% more cash than Newport County have managed in two and a half weeks.

If anyone wants to try to defend our performance, whilst you're entitled to try, any argument is total bullshit.

In my opinion the failure of the Newport County board of directors to engage with County supporters is not only the main reason, but probably the only reason for this piss poor performance.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I just checked some figures.

Sligo population 20,232.

So let's cut the crap. Do you want to listen to the excuses offered by some or would you prefer to demand answers from your club.

And the question that needs answering is this. If a small isolated town on the far western coast of Ireland can do so much better than us, isn't it about time that that our club started to engage with the supporters?

Lest you be in any doubt let me put it starkly. Despite being seven and a half times smaller than Newport, in three days Sligo Rovers have managed to raise 80% more cash than Newport County have managed in two and a half weeks.

If anyone wants to try to defend our performance, whilst you're entitled to try, any argument is total bullshit.

In my opinion the failure of the Newport County board of directors to engage with County supporters is not only the main reason, but probably the only reason for this piss poor performance.
Think you will find that its way under 300 County supporters have chipped in as many shall I say outsiders have parted with cash due to the charities involved.
Pathetic and clearly something wrong with our marketing ploy but whats new?.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I just checked some figures.

Sligo population 20,232.

Think you will find that its way under 300 County supporters have chipped in as many shall I say outsiders have parted with cash due to the charities involved.
Pathetic and clearly something wrong with our marketing ploy but whats new?.
Hi Paul,

I guess what's new is that the figures above are verifiable facts. Maybe those who have been comforted by the losers who occupy this board might think, f@ck this really isn't good enough. Maybe I do need to start making my voice heard.

I live in hope.

Papski2 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Maybe I do need to start making my voice heard.
Lots of talk has come and gone through these message boards over the years. It's good to see the stadium group have a go.

How would you plan to make your voice heard?
My voice is no more important than anyone else's. And I don't pretend to know what other people's ideas and views are.

I don't know if you have noticed but I get into a lot of arguments. But if you have noticed you might also whilst a fairly predictable group take me on, I continue to say what I think. I enjoy talking about County and with fellow fans whether they agree with me or not. Are there are plenty of people who don't share many of my views who I have very pleasant conversations with.

So it's not my voice which needs to be heard. However I want to hear what others think, especially those who have been intimidated from posting on here.

That would be a major achievement.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:However I want to hear what others think
The last time we had a general consensus as a club was 2 years ago when we spoke about the hybrid model and what not. That was about 700 replies or so.

Between this board and the Facebook one theres about 50/60 regular contributors. Mostly vocal and hardline in their views. We can read between the lines regarding the slow uptake on shirt sponsorship and assume the support is lacking there. Or is it apathy.

Obviously there was no scope for the hybrid model but nothing concrete ever followed (that I recall) then good times followed and the future vision ball has been dropped.

What I would like to see is another survey to see where we are as a fanbase. Whether club sanctioned or supporter led. As sometimes I feel these little pockets of arguments are just a waste of time as without the support of the silent majority, we're just pissing in the wind. Because if that's the case, I can go back to just enjoying the football (errrr) and if we go to pot, it's what the people voted for.

Papski2 wrote: The last time we had a general consensus as a club was 2 years ago when we spoke about the hybrid model and what not. That was about 700 replies or so.

Between this board and the Facebook one theres about 50/60 regular contributors. Mostly vocal and hardline in their views. We can read between the lines regarding the slow uptake on shirt sponsorship and assume the support is lacking there. Or is it apathy.

Obviously there was no scope for the hybrid model but nothing concrete ever followed (that I recall) then good times followed and the future vision ball has been dropped.

What I would like to see is another survey to see where we are as a fanbase. Whether club sanctioned or supporter led. As sometimes I feel these little pockets of arguments are just a waste of time as without the support of the silent majority, we're just pissing in the wind. Because if that's the case, I can go back to just enjoying the football (errrr) and if we go to pot, it's what the people voted for.
With regards to the hybrid model, following the September 2018 open meeting, a meeting was arranged to discuss and agree how to take the model forward. That meeting was poorly attended and those who were in attendance showed little appetite for taking it forward. The idea was quietly sidelined and as you say we then went on a bit of a run in the cup.

Amberexile wrote:With regards to the hybrid model, following the September 2018 open meeting, a meeting was arranged to discuss and agree how to take the model forward. That meeting was poorly attended and those who were in attendance showed little appetite for taking it forward. The idea was quietly sidelined and as you say we then went on a bit of a run in the cup.
I find it hard to take a dump on the BOD as I believe there's no appetite out there to fill their shoes and pound for pound they could have done worse.

But I am disappointed that no momentum has followed a) the initial survey and b) the recent success we've had. 1,000 trust members is not enough.

I'm just interested to find out where the main source of apathy is. Should the BOD be kicking us into shape or should we be kicking them.

Either way it should be achievable to find out the mood of supporters and also be having an open meeting with the board over Skype during these times to find out what we need from each other.

I know I wasn't at that meeting. The finger can be pointed at me as an individual also.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Seriously Stan, anyone reading this thread even without knowing the back story would fear you might be unravelling again.
If you genuinely believe that making snide remarks about past mental health issues I have had, and which you are aware of, advance anyone's belief, other than that you are a very inadequate human being, I think that you are mistaken.

£30 added so far today. Still shy of £30,000 and but for directors, the supporters club and a mystery £5,000, we are well shy of £20,000.

Sligo Rovers a provincial team in a town of 20,000 in the northwest of Ireland, meanwhile used crowd funding for the same purpose. Now despite being far smaller than Newport and despite only running this last six days as opposed to three weeks this club, also run by a supporter trust has raised €71,460.

In stark terms, on a per capita basis the Sligo total is in the region of £500,000.

Or put another way, a trust that has the confidence of the fans, doesn't treat the supporters as idiots, is open and transparent had been sixteen times more successful that our trust.

Is it too much to ask? Is it too late to ask? Please Gavin et all, stop behaving as though your shite smells of roses, and start listening.