Re: New Hummel Training Wear

Training kit is better than anything FBT put together, that stuff was out of the ark. The only issue I have with this lot is the elasticated tape around the bottom of the 1/4 zip, that's a bit old fashioned too.

The hoodie is worth every penny and I wear it practically every evening, really good quality (other than the club badge which is just about adequately slapped on - annoying when the match shirt badge is of such good quality and detail).

I haven't bought the away shirt yet, I will sooner or later but I'm not a fan of it, a terrible design and the sponsor colour and specifically the gap in the P of Pure Vans not always lining up with the line of the X makes it worse. They could have at least attempted some "eXiles" type marketing to make the concept fit the club, as it is it just looks like they ripped off the St Andrews Cross on the back of Ayr's away kit - which at least makes sense.

Really hoping the other two kits aren't just the same design or someone in the kit decision making sphere wants a kick up the jacksie when Hummel have such great teamwear options this season. FWIW Everton's hummel kits are plain and ultra-dull, but inoffensive.

Re the all black kit/black shorts and socks thing - it was nice to not have three pairs of shorts to buy from the re-use of the home shorts on the black away kit, but only having red shorts from the white/red sash away that season did limit our options and led to a really unpleasant black/amber, red shorts and white socks combination at Cheltenham. Mind you, last season's third shorts with amber/orange trim weren't even worn by the team in a match, they wore the season before's shorts and socks on the one occasion the shirt was worn, so not sure what the point of those was.

At least we know the hummel shorts and sock style will be the same as every other hummel club this season.