Re: Warnock

Am I alone in believing that anyone who actually believes that interview was abusive is on a different planet? Dear God football is about passion. If you stick a microphone in front of a manager whose side have just to a controversial late penalty, what the f@ck do you expect him to say.

Warnock adds a bit of colour, miss that and you are missing out on life.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Am I alone in believing that anyone who actually believes that interview was abusive is on a different planet? Dear God football is about passion. If you stick a microphone in front of a manager whose side have just to a controversial late penalty, what the f@ck do you expect him to say.

I personally think he's losing the plot Brendan and as a legal professional would Keith Cooper have any case legally for what he said

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Am I alone in believing that anyone who actually believes that interview was abusive is on a different planet? Dear God football is about passion. If you stick a microphone in front of a manager whose side have just to a controversial late penalty, what the f@ck do you expect him to say.

I personally think he's losing the plot Brendan and as a legal professional would Keith Cooper have any case legally for what he said
I would hope not. Although William Roach was once awarded £50,000 for being called boring. The greed got the better of him and he went to court for the £50,000 when the 'payment in' was already at that figure. esulting in him having to pay both sides costs.

However I am a barrister of good standing. Last week GSB accused me of being bogus. Do you think I'm likely to be bringing an action against George? Do me a favour. People can say what they like about me, I will of course give them a mouthful back but litigate? For goodness sake. By the way Warnock has a potential action against you for suggesting he is losing the plot. I shouldn't lose too much sleep worrying about it.

I haven’t seen the interview, but Boro’s disallowed equaliser was a shocking decision. Jeff on GSS alluded to the fact Colin may have been wanting a word or two with the referee at the end of the match. Giving a last minute penalty (even if it was the correct decision) wouldn’t have helped Colin’s mood!

Dogger wrote:I haven’t seen the interview, but Boro’s disallowed equaliser was a shocking decision. Jeff on GSS alluded to the fact Colin may have been wanting a word or two with the referee at the end of the match. Giving a last minute penalty (even if it was the correct decision) wouldn’t have helped Colin’s mood!
Just seen Swansea penalty think the lineo called it and think he got it correct

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Dogger wrote:I haven’t seen the interview, but Boro’s disallowed equaliser was a shocking decision. Jeff on GSS alluded to the fact Colin may have been wanting a word or two with the referee at the end of the match. Giving a last minute penalty (even if it was the correct decision) wouldn’t have helped Colin’s mood!
Whether it was the correct decision or not is besides the point. All managers and most fans are utterly myopic anyway. And I am fully behind you that violence and vicious abuse against referees is unacceptable. But let's not allow not to be taken seriously remarks like, the referee was blind or he must be on the take or he should never officiate again with real abuse. I've read remarks such as "I hope your kids get cancer' or 'I'd rape your wife if she wasn't so ugly' remarks like that are abuse Jim. If we start to equate Warnock's interview with such grotesque remarks we'll end up, all of us, scared to say anything.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Yeah the penalty decision looked a correct one, but Boro had a perfectly good goal disallowed at 1-0. That was the shocker.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Whether it was the correct decision or not is besides the point. All managers and most fans are utterly myopic anyway. And I am fully behind you that violence and vicious abuse against referees is unacceptable. But let's not allow not to be taken seriously remarks like, the referee was blind or he must be on the take or he should never officiate again with real abuse. I've read remarks such as "I hope your kids get cancer' or 'I'd rape your wife if she wasn't so ugly' remarks like that are abuse Jim. If we start to equate Warnock's interview with such grotesque remarks we'll end up, all of us, scared to say anything.
Me personally I think ref's at that level should have to face the press afterwards to explain decisions

But yesterday Colin was well out of order bringing swan's manager's family into his rant and why he was banging on about the penalty Swansea got v Stoke that's nothing to do with him it just shows him up as a plonker

The FA should remind him we are in a pandemic as well and shouting in the face of an official is not nice even in normal times

That forth official should be commended for keeping his cool a lot of men would have given him a punch for behaviour like that Child !