Re: Flynn makes a Maltese cross

Percy this is the usual excuse made by all managers when players are ignored. I'm afraid he picks teams not to lose, rather than those to win. Keep it tight, nick a goal against the run of play seems to be the plan. Ask your self how many defensive type players were selected against Mansfield, Flynn wants a promotion on his CV the club is secondary
From a TROLL as Flynn puts it

Good man management again.

Why aren't I in the team?

You're not working hard enough in training.

Message received thanks gaffer I can push on from here if I knuckle down.

For me Collins can really push on, I think he's better than his brother was at the same age but his brother has learnt his trade after several frustrating periods on loan. Up to Lewis now but I rate him.

ajs wrote:Percy this is the usual excuse made by all managers when players are ignored. I'm afraid he picks teams not to lose, rather than those to win. Keep it tight, nick a goal against the run of play seems to be the plan. Ask your self how many defensive type players were selected against Mansfield, Flynn wants a promotion on his CV the club is secondary
I’m not agreeing with him,just making an observation.I am a so called troll also,in fact,I’m up there with Corky as his biggest critic.

Percy plunkett wrote:
ajs wrote:Percy this is the usual excuse made by all managers when players are ignored. I'm afraid he picks teams not to lose, rather than those to win. Keep it tight, nick a goal against the run of play seems to be the plan. Ask your self how many defensive type players were selected against Mansfield, Flynn wants a promotion on his CV the club is secondary
I’m not agreeing with him,just making an observation.I am a so called troll also,in fact,I’m up there with Corky as his biggest critic.
Of course everyone is free to express their opinion, but I'm baffled by the idea that MF wants a promotion yet that is not the best thing for the club.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on April 10th, 2021, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do you imply that Flynn getting a promotion on his CV would not be good for the club?

No, Flynn sees a promotion on his CV more important than the club being viable, look at the money he's wasted. I believe we do not have the players to keep us in league one if promoted which means new players higher wage bill. Also think Flynn if we are promoted will be off at the first opportunity, I haven't seen or heard of him supporting the new position of sporting director..

It’s not up to Flynn to decide how much cash the club can afford to spend. Surely that’s down to the board who in fairness have done pretty well in recent seasons whether that’s TV money, player sales or increased gate receipts. That’s how L2 clubs survive. I wouldn’t expect the current squad to survive in L1, it will need to be strengthened and funded by increased TV money from league, bigger crowds etc. Just as now it will be incumbent on those running the club to manage the finances. If Flynn moves on then fine, he will have done one hell of a job.

I think Flynn has the board in his pocket, hopefully the new SD who will be responsible for the budget will be a lot stronger.
The money thats been wasted, my opinion, would have been better invested towards a home for the club. I use Exeter as an example only 2 loan players the club's finances being better spent on facilities.
Check the performance since the begining of January and players brought in on loan and permanent signings not playing. As I said earlier he picks team not lose and no creativity---opinions of a TROLL

ajs wrote:No, Flynn sees a promotion on his CV more important than the club being viable, look at the money he's wasted. I believe we do not have the players to keep us in league one if promoted which means new players higher wage bill. Also think Flynn if we are promoted will be off at the first opportunity, I haven't seen or heard of him supporting the new position of sporting director..
Why would any manager support a sporting director coming in above them?

I agree with a lot of the points made regarding our playing style, we do appear to prioritise being rigid over being creative.

Obviously it's benefited us generally as we've made lots of progress during Flynny's time here. It is frustrating how we seem to have reverted to type having started the season playing a more expansive style of football which served us really well however.

Please don't confuse this post as a "Flynn out" suggestion, because I'm absolutely not suggesting that, but I do wish we'd set up to be a bit more proactive - especially against the lower placed sides.