Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Carlisle

What I find amazing and puzzling is that we seem to be playing indifferently such as
Lack of winning second balls and some aimless passing, is that we have actually crept up the table to 6th.
Surely if you was a player you would be trying your hardest now to at least secure a play off spot if not automatic, even if you are out of contract at the end of the season it can only be good on your CV that you gained promotion.
Lets keep plugging away.
UTPort

flat4 wrote:Another 2 points dropped, what excuse will MF use again I wonder, the sad thing is that there is no way FGR would be interested in him, his credibility has well and truly dropped off the edge the world.
The interviewer will say that with rivals losing,is this a point gained.Flynny will say"Yeah,listen,this is a huge point,massive,if I'm honest.Look,it could be the point that gets us over the line".The interviewer will say we have kept Carlisle at arms length tonight.Flynny will say"Yeah,look,that was the aim if I'm honest,a huge result for us if I'm honest,massive,the trolls may criticise but,it is what it is, I thought the players were magnificent if I'm honest".

My reading of the way we are playing at the moment is that individuals, when in possession in our own half are desperate not to make an error that results in the ball ending up in our net. The result is to continually bang it up the pitch using the touchline as an extra safety factor. Unproductive as our attacking pair were tonight, there was no plan to play the ball to them, just in their general direction.

excessbee wrote:My reading of the way we are playing at the moment is that individuals, when in possession in our own half are desperate not to make an error that results in the ball ending up in our net. The result is to continually bang it up the pitch using the touchline as an extra safety factor. Unproductive as our attacking pair were tonight, there was no plan to play the ball to them, just in their general direction.
I'm seeing the same thing.

I tell you what if I was new to this forum I'd think we where already relegated

FFS everyone we are a league 2 side holding our own within touching distance of promotion

Two league 2 sides play out another shocker !

Hold the back page!

Can't you see that's why sky don't show L2

Good point and moving up a place
We are going up

Get over it

JonD wrote:Jim, we can argue about results and points and league position but ultimately County are in the entertainment business.

I haven't found them very entertaining in recent months.
Are they tho'?

People look at entertainment in different ways, nice football or results?

Some teams play boring football but are successful (both on the pitch and with getting crowds in). Remember that period for Cambridge under John Beck - not entertaining but did the business on the pitch and had good crowds.