Re: Euros thread

Doom monger here but the Danish are the last team I'd want to be playing...they have a real spirit and talented players as well as a rock solid keeper...3:0 to them or a scraped 1:0 to us won't be a fun watch!...you can gen up on your Danish history watching a cracking series online '1864' was on iplayer for a while but sure its floating about

CathedralCounty wrote:Doom monger here but the Danish are the last team I'd want to be playing...they have a real spirit and talented players as well as a rock solid keeper...3:0 to them or a scraped 1:0 to us won't be a fun watch!...you can gen up on your Danish history watching a cracking series online '1864' was on iplayer for a while but sure its floating about

At 4/1 I think we're the value bet. Agree it's not an easy one, but it's hardly unwinnable either. We were always likely to play them if we qualified from the group, so I imagine plenty of homework has been done too.

CathedralCounty wrote:
County Exile wrote:Portuguese penalty carbon copy of the one we didn't get at Wembley!!
Yes I shouted that at the TV last night! I didn't think it was a pen though what's a keeper to do? maybe some quirky rule like if you shout 'KEEPERS' you get away with clouting someone?
A goalkeeper uses his arms, an outfield player uses his feet. A goalkeeper being late with his punching or 'mistiming, is no different than an outfield player doing the same with his feet, and so should have the same 'penalties' (pun intended)

UPTHEPORT wrote:That was utter gash from Wales
Can't argue with that but let's be honest, under the UK media hype we're a mediocre team hoping to get by with a bit of luck upfront and a siege mentality. Never going to get far like that, and UEFA screwed us over with the venues.
Ridiculous how iconic Bale is for us. He's too compacent and doesn't galvanise the players on the pitch when it matters.

I have a horrible feeling England are going to beat Germany.

Totally Outclassed but didn’t help that we were essentially playing Denmark away.

Definitely screwed over that the country with the highest percentage of vaccinated population weren’t allowed into Holland - but UEFA threatened to remove Wembley from the Semi’s and Final unless the UK let a load of EU citizens in.

We were totally outplayed and outperformed yesterday apart from the first 10/15 minutes. We were never really in it when the Danish coach reorganised.

That said, we did very well in getting this far. Some of the regular players aren’t even playing for their respective clubs. How can we expect them to up their game consistently. A one off maybe, but not consistently in a knock out competition. It was a game too far.

UEFA didn’t do us any favours either. The travelling involved for the players was horrendous. We just had to get on with that though - and they did, but it took its toll.

Politics is definitely involved. The Italian PM was making representation in the week to have the semi finals and final removed from Wembley due to Covid restrictions. The Welsh government were even advising fans not to travel to Amsterdam. I heard no stories at all about them making any representation to UEFA to discuss the issue. It was ‘just don’t travel’. The Danish fans could travel 720 miles (there and back from their border) watch a 2 hr football game and then get back home in a 12 hr window. BS. It all took its toll. Football and politics, what a mix. Well done to the Welsh fans who live in Europe for being there last night.

Thanks for the memories Wales.

Glasllwch Goalkeeper wrote:
Can't argue with that but let's be honest, under the UK media hype we're a mediocre team hoping to get by with a bit of luck upfront and a siege mentality. Never going to get far like that, and UEFA screwed us over with the venues.
Ridiculous how iconic Bale is for us. He's too compacent and doesn't galvanise the players on the pitch when it matters.

Wish I had that horrible me feeling :mrgreen:

mad norm wrote:
Glasllwch Goalkeeper wrote:

Wish I had that horrible feeling :mrgreen: