Kevin Johnson

Recalling how Kevin Johnson ruined a good game when he officiated at our home game with Mansfield, with his long drawn out finger wagging lectures to players untill the players themselves became frustrated, and culminating in a sending off to Paul Bignot and reading in the NLP that another Welsh side Wrexham also recieved some biased refereeing on Saturday at Crawley, I think that he should be brought to task to explain his obvious "agenda" against Welsh sides in these two games- and if we get him for another home match hopefully the little ****** will "miss" the Severn crossing and end up in the river, on his way home to Weston Super mare ......Bob Bassett

Re: Kevin Johnson

RobertBassett7 wrote:Recalling how Kevin Johnson ruined a good game when he officiated at our home game with Mansfield, with his long drawn out finger wagging lectures to players untill the players themselves became frustrated, and culminating in a sending off to Paul Bignot and reading in the NLP that another Welsh side Wrexham also recieved some biased refereeing on Saturday at Crawley, I think that he should be brought to task to explain his obvious "agenda" against Welsh sides in these two games- and if we get him for another home match hopefully the little ****** will "miss" the Severn crossing and end up in the river, on his way home to Weston Super mare ......Bob Bassett
No need to be so precious, I'm sure he's unpopular with plenty of sides, if he's got an agenda because he messed up against us as a Welsh side - does that make all the refs that mess up and give us things we don't deserve anti-English?

Ref's are a bit crap - that's life.

I did think it rather starange in the excellent Mansfield programme that there was a write up with quotes from the Ref about how much he enjoyed reffing at Field Mill!
Surely these things are open to eyebrows being raised or it it just me lol!

All the officials were atrocious, whether this was due to bias or total incompetence I couldn't say. The rub of the green certainly goes to top clubs in the premiership so I have no doubt that bias exists among referees and we know that as with the population in general some people are biased against Northerners,southerners, Welsh,Irish,Scottish and so on - it's just a fact of life.We've always had to live with anti-Welsh bias, haven't we?
By the way, nice to hear from you Forester.

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:All the officials were atrocious, whether this was due to bias or total incompetence I couldn't say. The rub of the green certainly goes to top clubs in the premiership so I have no doubt that bias exists among referees and we know that as with the population in general some people are biased against Northerners,southerners, Welsh,Irish,Scottish and so on - it's just a fact of life.We've always had to live with anti-Welsh bias, haven't we?

Forester`s post was in Feb mate :shock: this thread has been dragged up from the vaults somewhere :P

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:All the officials were atrocious, whether this was due to bias or total incompetence I couldn't say. The rub of the green certainly goes to top clubs in the premiership so I have no doubt that bias exists among referees and we know that as with the population in general some people are biased against Northerners,southerners, Welsh,Irish,Scottish and so on - it's just a fact of life.We've always had to live with anti-Welsh bias, haven't we?
Forester's post was from last February - this is an old thread. Pity, as I miss his input.

Wiseman wrote:
Forester's post was from last February - this is an old thread. Pity, as I miss his input.
Thank's :oops: Just being my usual thick self plus I've had one or three :drunken:

Wiseman wrote:
You can find him on All Things Amber.

Work out if this is good news or bad news, you might not need to go to the first link:
http://s8.zetaboards.com/ratetheref/topic/8373141/3/

Mind you in his last eight games according to this not one player has been sent off:
http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/2327/

Plus in the last two games that are not shown on the second link, Kidderminster v Grimsby and Wrexham v Dartford there just bookings in that match as well.

BUMP (FYI This thread was started 2 years ago)

JE wasn't happy with his performance yesterday;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21311404
Newport County manager Justin Edinburgh told BBC Radio Wales:
"The [penalty] decision's wrong. It's cost us two points. I spoke with the referee and he changed his description of the incident twice from when I confronted him on the pitch to when I've seen him in his dressing room. That tells me he doesn't know what he's seen and he's guessed.
"In terms of the performance it was a solid performance rather than spectacular, but without playing for three weeks I thought we did well. It was very unjust for us not to have taken three points today."
Although, to get this thread I just typed in "Kevin Johnson" into Google. If he's ever done the same, its easy to see why he might not favour us :lol:
Last edited by Caerleon Exile on February 10th, 2013, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wasn't a bad ref, he was a cheat, no ifs or buts about it mate. Same as the lino on the Hazell side, no way was it a case of bad officiating, just plain old cheating. That lino gave them absolutely everything even when it was blindingly obvious that it was a Newport throw/corner PLUS he watched on as Tamworth's No.17 shoved his fingers up at the crowd as he celebrated their equaliser and did NOTHING.