Re: Kevin Johnson

neilcork68 wrote:-
Credit where cedit is due . I thought he handled the game very sensibly today and didn't have that bad a game.He tried to let the game flow and in the conditions it wasnt that bad a game.
He could have so easily called the game off before it started and anytime during it but he tried his best to let it finish and we must be glad he used common sense for a change..
Totally agree. And by his own previous standards he was absolutely brilliant. :wink:

Having been one of his biggest critics, I owe it to the guy to say he adapted his refereeing to the conditions to have a very good game today, well done to him. Having said that, he probably shouldn't have started it! How much pressure was put on the officials to start games today, I wonder!? That pitch was basically not playable and fair play to the teams , they were honest today and made his job reasonably easy.

The Officials did well today --they DID give the pitch a long inspection and I'm glad that it went ahead, though I was surprised how it cut up so badly, both teams did their best to play football and thankfully County won well, Mr Johnson only made one, possibly two mistakes , one where he overuled the linesman and gave a throw against us, but overall he handled the game well, usually in those conditions you get some iffy decisions with sliding tackles etc , but we won and can hopefully progress onwards and up.......Well done county !!!.........Bob Bassett

RobertBassett7 wrote:The Officials did well today --they DID give the pitch a long inspection and I'm glad that it went ahead, though I was surprised how it cut up so badly, both teams did their best to play football and thankfully County won well, Mr Johnson only made one, possibly two mistakes , one where he overuled the linesman and gave a throw against us, but overall he handled the game well, usually in those conditions you get some iffy decisions with sliding tackles etc , but we won and can hopefully progress onwards and up.......Well done county !!!.........Bob Bassett
He even got the overrule right - you could tell from Willmott's immediate reaction that it was an Alfreton throw. The lino, much further away than the ref, got it wrong.

Guest1980 wrote:Remind me the games he's reffed ? I remember screaming at him

Was it Tamworth ?
Tamworth, Alfreton and AFC Telford in 2012-13. Kidderminster in 2011-12 and Mansfield in 2010-11.

Rubbish in three games out of five and caused the goalposts to be lowered against Alfreton.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:Perhaps we stand a better chance of getting a result with a really shit ref...
You know Wattsville, there was a time when you were a club loyalist. Of late you're making Neil Cork look like a happy clappy. Now I really am worried.
At least he's got those splinters out of his arse.

Didn't think this thread would be used again soon.

Oh dear two penalties not given when they were blatant. Minshull and Byrne elbowed in the face when they should been straight red cards. What does County have to do to get a referee who just blatantly ignored what happened.

Hope the assessor gives him a hard time for his completely inept performance yesterday.