We have a passionate interest in what is happening with Newport County FC. We hope in time the forums will become a great source of information and a valuable resource for those interested in our footballing community.
Ban offences and durations
Actions that will receive an indefinite, immediate ban
- ANY post that contains racist, overtones. Aggressive negative stereotyping, abusive slurs, sexism or otherwise
- Supporting any notion of or inciting hooliganism / violence
- Have a double account in an attempt to avoid ban.
Actions that will incur a timed ban
- Personal verbal attack / insults on any fellow forum member be it opposition or no (7 days, second offence: 1 month, 3rd offence: permanent)
1. It is expected within any forum that there will be a certain amount of "banter". All posters should endeavour to treat fellow contributors in the way they would expect to be treated themselves. Excessive insults should be avoided and any posts considered to be 'over the top' will be removed and the poster concerned banned for its guideline period (see above).
Any poster who feels that they are being abused beyond what should reasonably be expected should report the post (see point 3) and poster responsible to the forum staff who will review the complaint whilst taking any action deemed necessary. Reviewing the report does not necessarily facilitate the removal of the post - in these instances the reporter will be advised of the reasons for non-removal. Swearing is deemed acceptable on the forum in moderation and a swear filter is provided to ensure posts appear within decency. Excessive and unnecessary bad language will be removed
2. To assist with the smooth running of the website, moderator decisions should not be debated publicly on the forum. If you feel a moderator has made an unfair or wrong decision then please PM the site admin directly who will review your complaint, discuss it further and if necessary take appropriate actions.
This includes calling for people to be banned / deleting others' posts / asking to for your thread to be stickied / editing others' posts aswell as moderator decisions. PM's on matters are entirely welcome.
3. Every post has a "report post" option which will bring an offending post to the attention of the forum staff. Please use this function to report posts that you feel contravene the site rules. This will in turn be reviewed by the forum staff.
4. All avatars and signatures should remain within the rules/guidelines outlined above. Any avatar or signature deemed unacceptable will be removed.
The forum moderation team will do its best to keep all messages on this forum respectful and within the forum rules, but it is impossible for us to review every message immediately upon posting. However, use of the report button will assist in highlighting posts that are deemed unacceptable by ANY reader.
A list of moderators and site admins can be found here - memberlist.php?mode=group&g=147
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts.
- Please refrain from using text talk in the main forums, be punctual and constructive (Plain English only)
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
- We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate community standards.
- The Administration & Moderation team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products or services unless Newport County related. Explicit advertising in sigs is also prohibited.
Signature Size Limits
- All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line.
- Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
- Animated images in signatures are not allowed.
Please enjoy your stay with us at Newport County FC Message Boards.[/size]
This "they should have the balls to sign their name" mentality has to stop, this is not how this forum ever has, does or ever will operate because anonymity ensures an ability to truly speak freely no matter what your connection is to the club. Be it fan or otherwise. If your argument is polar-opposite to another user then have the common decency to engage in a constructive discussion. Signing your name to a post doesn't make it hold any more weight or make it any more entitled than your fellow Newport County supporter with the conflicting disposition.
Any posts in the future that actively theorise what the identity of a certain user is are to be deleted.
Please help the forum staff in reporting any posts that do the above to ensure they are dealt with accordingly.
If you continue to press and use conjecture to identify persons on here, you will incur an indefinite ban.
If you should have any questions, please direct them to myself via private message.