EXILES GRANDSTAND Stevenage AWAY

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Goalhanger

Re: EXILES GRANDSTAND Stevenage AWAY

Postby Goalhanger » January 7th, 2017, 5:45 pm

rodneyboy wrote:
RedandAmber wrote:Got County in a Both teams to score bet ...Whats my chances ??

Not a hope mate.

A big fat zero! Now watch us score....
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » January 7th, 2017, 5:46 pm

As bush said, we shouldn't have kept Feeney in the summer, most fans could see he was tactically clueless, why couldn't the board see that, they should hang their heads in shame that they then let him sign some of these players on 2 year contracts. The signings this January have been abysmal and sanctioned again by this board
Last edited by Ugo. on January 7th, 2017, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Postby Tony Soprano » January 7th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Ref 22 wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:
Ref 22 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:
Bush wrote:Yes the manager needs to speak less but our board need to speak more. Why are the signings this week the best we can muster? Where is the money????

Stefan will be after you!! :grin:

Don't care mate. This weeks signings have been woeful. For a team that needed to improve more than any other team in the football league this week hasn't been good enough. Where is the money?????

What money :shock:

Keep up ref ffs.

Hope we do :wink:

Sorry but not in the mood for jokes, some of us actually care!!
User

Dos

Newport, NP19

Postby Dos » January 7th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Makes the cornforth days look like a walk in the park.

22 games left, we need at least 10 wins.

******* disgusting that we are in this position.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 7th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Tony Soprano wrote:
Ref 22 wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:
Ref 22 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:
Bush wrote:Yes the manager needs to speak less but our board need to speak more. Why are the signings this week the best we can muster? Where is the money????

Don't care mate. This weeks signings have been woeful. For a team that needed to improve more than any other team in the football league this week hasn't been good enough. Where is the money?????

Keep up ref ffs.

Same here mate. I'm properly gutted, genuinely upset , as sad as it is being a 40yr old man
no avatar
User

The dragons fire

Postby The dragons fire » January 7th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Ref 22 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:

Can on Ref, think about it, that is what he is Questioning (in other words where is the money coming from). That's what I believe he is trying to say.
no avatar
User

Ref 22

Postby Ref 22 » January 7th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Tony Soprano wrote:
Ref 22 wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:
Ref 22 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:

Keep up ref ffs.

Yes we do
User

Dos

Newport, NP19

Postby Dos » January 7th, 2017, 5:49 pm

All westley has gone on about is his record at previous clubs.
Worse run of form since 2005, how about that for a record Graham.

Don't worry though lads, pipe and Reid are back, passion will get us out of this
no avatar
User

rodneyboy

Postby rodneyboy » January 7th, 2017, 5:50 pm

Goalhanger wrote:
rodneyboy wrote:
RedandAmber wrote:Got County in a Both teams to score bet ...Whats my chances ??

Not a hope mate.

A big fat zero! Now watch us score....

Ha ah you said it
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Postby County Exile » January 7th, 2017, 5:50 pm

3-1 Butler
no avatar
User

ajs

Postby ajs » January 7th, 2017, 5:50 pm

I would have preffered Todd said that in a previous post GW an ego on legs, the board were taken in by his exploits at Stevenage, should have looked at tenure at Preston. Eastleigh fans rated Todd, how well have the experienced managers done that replaced him.
no avatar
User

The Cat

Ponthir,Wales

Postby The Cat » January 7th, 2017, 5:50 pm

Bush wrote:
The Cat wrote:
Confuddled wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I like how when we won a few games Westley was an amazing manager, give him the keys to Newport, yet we then go on a run of losses and suddenly It's because its 'Feeney's team' .. I think Westley well and truly found out

I agree. I feel he hasn't got a clue what to do and hides behind all the football jargon he spouts out at press conferences. I think we should sack him now before we lose any more money to him with his January purchases and completely **** over any chance of staying up.

I'm sorry but we can't keep sacking managers every couple of months. The club is in freefall but we have to let someone try and build something. Feeney, in hindsight, was unlucky in several matches, yet paid the price. Would we be any worse off if we'd kept him?

Feeney should never have got the job in the summer. That is the biggest error of the season. But I agree we can't sack the manager and keep brining in others to work with other managers players. We need to bring in better players right now that is the only way we will stay up. The players not good enough.

Yes, I agree Feeney shouldn't have got the job. The biggest mistake we've made was when JE left we allowed the season to die under Jimmy Dack, who didn't want the job. Since then we've had managers coming in, blaming previous signings, then having a brief chance with his own players, before being sacked. We have to break that cycle. Westley has done ok before so I just think we have to keep him and hope he recaptures some magic. Assuming we are going down, I'd rather not take another punt in an unproven manager.
All in all it's pretty bleak.
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Postby Tony Soprano » January 7th, 2017, 5:50 pm

3-1 Butler
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » January 7th, 2017, 5:50 pm

Pretty damn good I'd say :grin:
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » January 7th, 2017, 5:51 pm

3-1 butler
PreviousNext