Players fund

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Ref 22

Rank

Forum Patron!

Players fund

Postby Ref 22 » January 7th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Would we be prepared to set up a players fund say £100 each

If we could get 100 of us would raise £10k or 200 would raise 20k or 300 would be 30k

Minimum of 100 taking part. If so I would make a donation.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Re: Players fund

Postby Exile 1976 » January 7th, 2017, 6:29 pm

Not sure I'd trust GW with the money.
Could have not signed Pipe & Reid and brought in one better player with the money. We need quality not quantity.. We've got a huge squad but so much of it is absolute garbage ...
no avatar
User

guest101

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby guest101 » January 7th, 2017, 6:30 pm

Ref 22 wrote:Would we be prepared to set up a players fund say £100 each

If we could get 100 of us would raise £10k or 200 would raise 20k or 300 would be 30k

Minimum of 100 taking part. If so I would make a donation.

No chance until the board are transparent. you bought the club 15 months ago. Time for answers before we part with money. firstly

what's left of the 600k from the washington money. ?

Rob
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » January 7th, 2017, 6:30 pm

I wouldn't trust Westley or the board with any more of my money.
no avatar
User

The Cat

Ponthir,Wales

Postby The Cat » January 7th, 2017, 6:32 pm

Ugo. wrote:I wouldn't trust Westley with any more money.

Who would you trust with any money? I'm asking purely because it's now or never with regard to our league status.
no avatar
User

Ref 22

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby Ref 22 » January 7th, 2017, 6:34 pm

The Cat wrote:

Who would you trust with any money? I'm asking purely because it's now or never with regard to our league status.

Would allow UPTHEPORT to hold the money.

We would only give the money to get a player we agree with.
no avatar
User

guest101

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby guest101 » January 7th, 2017, 6:34 pm

The Cat wrote:

bodin pascoe pennock. we might go down but by christ we'd at least go down fighting plus all three have know welsh football and Bodin west country football. not idea but we could pull it off
no avatar
User

county37

Postby county37 » January 7th, 2017, 6:36 pm

might be better off setting up a fund to pay Westley & Dino off, was a big fan to start with but not anymore, the signing of the two has-been's is the final straw.
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » January 7th, 2017, 6:41 pm

The Cat wrote:

I agree it's now or never, it was now or never in the summer when they said to Feeney go ahead son fill the squad with rubbish and hand them 2 year contracts. It was now or never when they rightly sacked him and then gave the job to David Brent. It was now or never in January, when they gave him money to go and spend it on players who were not even playing regularly in the conference or Conference North, what makes you think this time now or never they will get it right.

I will trust people when they have proved they can be trusted.

It wasn't about buying as many people as you can in January, it was about buying quality to fill the holes in the squad.
no avatar
User

CB.

in work mostly

Postby CB. » January 7th, 2017, 6:44 pm

I pledge £100 I don't want to stipulate who they spend it on that is up to the management and I don't think I should have any input into that.

I would like it count as another share purchase though with another certificate issued.

If anyone from the club wants to contact me I am Craig Barton and you have my details from last time.
User

Lucky Mascot

Postby Lucky Mascot » January 7th, 2017, 6:45 pm

Before christmas yes but now you would only be wasting your money
no avatar
User

The Cat

Ponthir,Wales

Postby The Cat » January 7th, 2017, 6:59 pm

guest101 wrote:
The Cat wrote:

bodin pascoe pennock. we might go down but by christ we'd at least go down fighting plus all three have know welsh football and Bodin west country football. not idea but we could pull it off

Of course you could be correct, but it just seems as though we are lurching from one disaster to another. Not long ago Flynn was mentioned as a potential manager for all those reasons, but he's now realistically part of the problem. I'm bewildered by Westley and his selection of certain players, but I've followed County long enough to know that we very rarely get a successful manager, so I'm against what would be a gamble.
Having said all that, what we have now is not working, so you may be right.
no avatar
User

The dragons fire

Postby The dragons fire » January 7th, 2017, 7:01 pm

CB. wrote:I pledge £100 I don't want to stipulate who they spend it on that is up to the management and I don't think I should have any input into that.

I would like it count as another share purchase though with another certificate issued.

If anyone from the club wants to contact me I am Craig Barton and you have my details from last time.

How many people do you think we would need to buy more shares in Newport County in your opinion. I myself would say a minimum of 1,000 people and as someone else said can you really trust the manager to spend it wisely.

Maybe one of questions we should be asking the manager is how much money, does he think that we need, and how would he spent it.
no avatar
User

big baz

Rank

Forum Patron!

Newport,

Postby big baz » January 7th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Ugo. wrote:
The Cat wrote:

I agree it's now or never, it was now or never in the summer when they said to Feeney go ahead son fill the squad with rubbish and hand them 2 year contracts. It was now or never when they rightly sacked him and then gave the job to David Brent. It was now or never in January, when they gave him money to go and spend it on players who were not even playing regularly in the conference or Conference North, what makes you think this time now or never they will get it right.

I will trust people when they have proved they can be trusted.

It wasn't about buying as many people as you can in January, it was about buying quality to fill the holes in the squad.

David Brent. Perfect comparison
no avatar
User

big baz

Rank

Forum Patron!

Newport,

Postby big baz » January 7th, 2017, 7:16 pm

Where is the money from Washington, Poole and Collins? It was money not budgeted for as it didn't exist then.
Next