Board statement

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

jonescmj1

Rank

Forum Patron!

Rozelle Sydney

Re: Board statement

Postby jonescmj1 » January 9th, 2017, 12:24 am

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:
County Lad wrote:Possibly because we don't own the ground and the owners don't want it published so the board have respected their wish

....and what's the possible reasons for that? The obvious answer seems to be that the pitch is irredeemable and furthermore so is our predicament because nobody singularly or collectively has got a pot to piss in. Really well done all those whose responsibility it is to provide a playing surface, it seems you've excelled yourselves. Only the WRU could conceivably provide the funds and in my opinion show little interest in doing so, they'd probably prefer to open a new franchise with a North Wales region and let the Dragons die.

Again it is the League's report, it is they that have said it is not for public consumption!
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » January 9th, 2017, 12:39 am

jonescmj1 wrote:
County Lad wrote:Possibly because we don't own the ground and the owners don't want it published so the board have respected their wish

....and what's the possible reasons for that? The obvious answer seems to be that the pitch is irredeemable and furthermore so is our predicament because nobody singularly or collectively has got a pot to piss in. Really well done all those whose responsibility it is to provide a playing surface, it seems you've excelled yourselves. Only the WRU could conceivably provide the funds and in my opinion show little interest in doing so, they'd probably prefer to open a new franchise with a North Wales region and let the Dragons die.

Again it is the League's report, it is they that have said it is not for public consumption!

This is the part of that statement that I find, like much of the rest, does not quite go far enough in providing an adequate level of information -

"A response will be going back to the League this week and the plan will then be implemented."

If only they had finished this sentence saying something like - this will include limited remedial action and improvements to pitch maintenance processes during the remainder of this season and further remedial action during the close season - I would not only feel much better communicated with but also start to have some faith that we may see some improvement at some stage.

I don't need them to publish the report but would like to be given some level of confidence that something positive is actually being done.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » January 9th, 2017, 1:10 am

But the problem with that might be that 'limited remedial action' might be throwing good money after bad. After all isn't that what we have been fobbed off with in the close season. I suspect that only radical surgery will solve the problem - unless the report says it's terminal.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 9th, 2017, 1:12 am

It's more of the same old.

Do you beat your wife?

No.

When did you stop beating your wife?

Last Friday.

Perhaps if Gavin and his mates explained why they have failed utterly to communicate over the last fifteen months I might have a little more faith.
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 9th, 2017, 1:33 am

jonescmj1 wrote:

....and your point is? Sure the league can say we don't want you to publish our report, the point is though that we, the owners deserve to know whether a remedy is possible at short or long term and what the costs and funding sources will be. We are not infants to be protected from the truth : we are the owners of this football club.
All this confidentiality is absolute horseshit.
no avatar
User

Triangle

Rank

Forum Patron!

With the Panthers

Postby Triangle » January 9th, 2017, 2:07 am

jonescmj1 wrote:

....and your point is? Sure the league can say we don't want you to publish our report, the point is though that we, the owners deserve to know whether a remedy is possible at short or long term and what the costs and funding sources will be. We are not infants to be protected from the truth : we are the owners of this football club.
All this confidentiality is absolute horseshit.

"RODNEY PARADE - There has been numerous reports around the pitch and potential fixture clash at the end of the season.
Pitch – As previously communicated, the English Football League commissioned “pitch experts” to undertake a review of the pitch.
The report has been shared with the Club and Rodney Parade. It identifies a number of recommendations covering both short and more medium term solutions. The report clearly indicates that it is not for the consumption of a wider audience; the Club has to abide by that instruction.
The Board have met with League representatives and those that produced the report. In addition, the Board has met with Rodney Parade.
A response will be going back to the League this week and the plan will then be implemented."

So we are responding to the FA, and a then a plan will be implemented. To me it sounds like we have things in hand.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » January 9th, 2017, 2:50 am

excessbee wrote:But the problem with that might be that 'limited remedial action' might be throwing good money after bad. After all isn't that what we have been fobbed off with in the close season. I suspect that only radical surgery will solve the problem - unless the report says it's terminal.

If there is nothing that is worth doing now, then that is fine but why not tell us? The point that I was trying to make (badly) is just tell us something to encourage people to make the effort to attend games. Such as does the plan include doing anything physical with the pitch before the end of the season to reduce the possibility of further postponements or abandoned games? Have improvements in the way the pitch is treated now been identified? Surely they can tell us more than we have a plan without divulging information that the Football League would rather keep secret.

The bottom line for me is that we have a plan doesn't convince me to drive for 8 hours to have lunch in the Dodger on a wet Saturday afternoon.
no avatar
User

Countyalltheway

Postby Countyalltheway » January 9th, 2017, 8:06 am

do some people forget that we elected a board to make decisions on our behalf.
we don't have a right to know everything just because the fans own the club. we voted in who came forward ( which was not as many who voices their opinion on here and other media outlets.)
Sometime people there is clauses in place that mean they can not say to much.
but tell us what they can when they can.
I think the communication is late as Aug last year was our last update. but full of the information we need.
stop wanting more and support the board we voted in.
User

Lucky Mascot

Postby Lucky Mascot » January 9th, 2017, 8:28 am

Some good points. Pleased they are co-opting.

Hopefully on the 19th they will put some best guess numbers for the end of the season to the "............. trade deficit....... ".

More interested in the now, this seasons "breakeven" or loss! than what went before.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 9th, 2017, 8:52 am

Amberexile wrote:
excessbee wrote:But the problem with that might be that 'limited remedial action' might be throwing good money after bad. After all isn't that what we have been fobbed off with in the close season. I suspect that only radical surgery will solve the problem - unless the report says it's terminal.

If there is nothing that is worth doing now, then that is fine but why not tell us? The point that I was trying to make (badly) is just tell us something to encourage people to make the effort to attend games. Such as does the plan include doing anything physical with the pitch before the end of the season to reduce the possibility of further postponements or abandoned games? Have improvements in the way the pitch is treated now been identified? Surely they can tell us more than we have a plan without divulging information that the Football League would rather keep secret.

The bottom line for me is that we have a plan doesn't convince me to drive for 8 hours to have lunch in the Dodger on a wet Saturday afternoon.

The bottom line can only be that there is limited scope for remedial work before the end of the season but they will do what they can. And that they won't know the bigger stuff until the end of the season.

I know the British people have had enough of experts, but experts aren't going to spot even minor things which could be done now and leave them undone.

Is it possible there is work going on in the background to allow 3G in the League and it does't want to, er, muddy those waters?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 9th, 2017, 8:55 am

:wink: :lol: This is clearly the best statement we've had from the board in months !!!
no avatar
User

Stefan1Kuntz

Postby Stefan1Kuntz » January 9th, 2017, 9:16 am

Amberexile wrote:

I agree ,but the Argus article last week pretty much told us that nothing would be done in the short term. At present, there are many unsubstantiated rumours regarding Investment with the Dragons and a large company developing Rodney Parade. There was even a thread discussion on this just last week.

RP ltd may also be well aware of these rumours and not willing to do the work required in the short term for 2 reasons.

1- They simply haven't got the funds.

2- They aren't willing to use those funds to patch up a pitch when a take over is imminent.

The recent article about the £1m Desso pitch in the Argus adds fuel to the takeover rumours. So It's possible that it is in the best interests of Newport County to not comment in the short term. For us to announce that we are spending our own resources repairing a pitch we don't own would be negligible, as would publicly criticising our landlords, as would announcing we are off to Spytty before seeing what plans there are for football in the City , if any.
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » January 9th, 2017, 9:57 am

No need for 3G just decent drainage, a 3G pitch with inadequate drainage would be as much use as a chocolate teapot
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Postby Willthiswork » January 9th, 2017, 10:10 am

daftasfxxx wrote:No need for 3G just decent drainage, a 3G pitch with inadequate drainage would be as much use as a chocolate teapot
...mmmm...chocolate... :D
User

Trev

Postby Trev » January 9th, 2017, 10:31 am

where is the Admiral Stadium or the go compare stadium come on you big hitters its all tax deductible save our city not just our football and rugby clubs if friars walk can work so can this !!
PreviousNext