Board statement

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Bangitintrnet

Re: Board statement

Postby Bangitintrnet » January 9th, 2017, 10:31 am

daftasfxxx wrote:No need for 3G just decent drainage, a 3G pitch with inadequate drainage would be as much use as a chocolate teapot

Short term and some medium term solutions have been identified and will be implemented. The FA experts don't seem to have identified any long term solutions. Would there be expert's in dealing with a pitch laid down 120 years ago?
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » January 9th, 2017, 4:37 pm

daftasfxxx wrote:No need for 3G just decent drainage, a 3G pitch with inadequate drainage would be as much use as a chocolate teapot

We cant play on a 3G anyhow
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » January 9th, 2017, 4:44 pm

Raise it,turf it,camber it,nurse it,talk to it. :cheers:
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 9th, 2017, 9:59 pm

Bangitintrnet wrote:

Short term and some medium term solutions have been identified and will be implemented. The FA experts don't seem to have identified any long term solutions. Would there be expert's in dealing with a pitch laid down 120 years ago?

Yes, well we'll never know will we? What the f*ck all this report and it's determined secrecy is about I can't imagine. We all know the pitch is absolute and complete horseshit so what information do they think they are hiding from the public or protecting us from? Are there unexploded bombs under the pitch? Is it seeded with anthrax spores? What's the point of the secrecy?
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Postby Corpaboy » January 9th, 2017, 11:43 pm

mad norm wrote:Raise it,turf it,camber it,nurse it,talk to it. :cheers:

There's a whole lot of sense in that statement , Norm !
Not that MAD after all , eh ???? :wink:
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Postby Corpaboy » January 9th, 2017, 11:52 pm

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:

Yes, well we'll never know will we? What the f*ck all this report and it's determined secrecy is about I can't imagine. We all know the pitch is absolute and complete horseshit so what information do they think they are hiding from the public or protecting us from? Are there unexploded bombs under the pitch? Is it seeded with anthrax spores? What's the point of the secrecy?

I'd guess it's the fact that Rodney Parade Ltd have known of severe problems with the drainage for ages , and because relationships between us and them are getting more and more fragile , nobody wants to point the blame and upset any "negotiations" about how to put it right ??
I've heard from a very good source that 4 sheets of plasterboard have been ordered from
Maindee Handyman by someone from R Parade Ltd . Invoice states "Rodney Hall Bogs Ceiling" as the reference !! :roll:
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 10th, 2017, 12:06 am

Corpaboy wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:

I'd guess it's the fact that Rodney Parade Ltd have known of severe problems with the drainage for ages , and because relationships between us and them are getting more and more fragile , nobody wants to point the blame and upset any "negotiations" about how to put it right ??
I've heard from a very good source that 4 sheets of plasterboard have been ordered from
Maindee Handyman by someone from R Parade Ltd . Invoice states "Rodney Hall Bogs Ceiling" as the reference !! :roll:

:grin: I guess you're right about the likely scale of investment in infrastructure. Isn't it a f¥cling disgrace that in a city this size, we have a stadium and pitch of such epic shititude that a special Viz edition should be devoted to it? Time for those with the talent to get a fanzine back up and running 'cos f¥ck knows there's well enough material for the whole world to laugh their cocks off at!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 10th, 2017, 12:29 am

Bangitintrnet wrote:

I don't spend nearly as much time on this board as I once did. Standing back a little the nonsense you read is amazing. High and wide is quite right the idea that a report on the cause of the problems on the Rodney Parade pitch is or could be confidential or should not be disclosed to the owners of Newport County AFC is nonsense. It is such utter squirrel sh!t that even Joe Stalin might have considered that a bollox claim too far. But that won't stop the usual apologists for failure.

The Westley has been given the money and backing to build a team is the last throw of the dice. It might work, my view the chances are between 5 and 10 per cent.
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 10th, 2017, 1:17 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:

I don't spend nearly as much time on this board as I once did. Standing back a little the nonsense you read is amazing. High and wide is quite right the idea that a report on the cause of the problems on the Rodney Parade pitch is or could be confidential or should not be disclosed to the owners of Newport County AFC is nonsense. It is such utter squirrel sh!t that even Joe Stalin might have considered that a bollox claim too far. But that won't stop the usual apologists for failure.

The Westley has been given the money and backing to build a team is the last throw of the dice. It might work, my view the chances are between 5 and 10 per cent.

Thank you Stan, sometimes one doubts one's sanity especially when everyone else is paying lip service to the normality of this confidentiality argument , as far as I can see all that it does is disguise lies and incompetence.
Incidentally, I agree with the odds you mention, I hope Westley is spending what little money we have with one eye on next years campaign in the conference.
no avatar
User

Bangitintrnet

Postby Bangitintrnet » January 10th, 2017, 8:50 am

Bangitintrnet wrote:

I suspect it's either :

Just to wind up Stan.

Or because we didn't commission the report, therefore we have no ownership of its contents or indeed the pitch itself. The fact that the solutions are being implemented suggests that they are not that expensive and the FA are contributing. A Team in our league that paid out for a good pitch might be upset with the FA if they thought we were having something that they didn't. So I can understand why the FA would keep it confidential even if others can't.

For me the big problem is not secrecy, but who is the driver for a long term solution? Like us, all the other parties with any interest don't have a pot to piss in at the moment. And just like Spytty there are more problems than answers.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 10th, 2017, 9:11 am

Bangitintrnet wrote:

The statement says that the people that produced the report (not us) have said its not to be shared, are you saying the Board are lying and its down to them why they won't tell us what's in it mate?
no avatar
User

The Cat

Ponthir,Wales

Postby The Cat » January 10th, 2017, 12:06 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:

You obviously are starting to post your conspiracy theories again. That's all they are, conspiracy theories.
You seem to imply that anyone who believes it are at best "apologists for failure"'. Wrong, I am not an apologist for failure, but I asked for correspondence from the board, and they have acted. I could ask you for something concrete and get nothing but insults, so I'm with the board on this. If they've been told not to say anything, I believe it.
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 10th, 2017, 2:15 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:

The statement says that the people that produced the report (not us) have said its not to be shared, are you saying the Board are lying and its down to them why they won't tell us what's in it mate?
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 10th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:

No mate, I'm not accusing the board of lying. What I'm musing over is why there needs to be such a cloak of secrecy over a report on a pitch that is so obviously f¥cked up to the hilt. What on earth would be wrong with saying what the problems are unless it's to cover up lies and incompetence? Why not just say that more drainage works etc. must be done to remedy the problem, that insufficient money is available to do them and that in the meantime we will do a, b and/or c until the full works can be done and then tell us what a, b and c are?
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Postby Justanordinaryfan » January 10th, 2017, 2:25 pm

Funnily enough, I've started reading this board a lot more than I used to. Certain egotistical characters who once seemed to take great pleasure in ridiculing people's hopes/dreams, don't seem to be as evident as they once were. What a coincidence??
PreviousNext