Board statement

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

Trev

Re: Board statement

Postby Trev » January 10th, 2017, 2:50 pm

yeah stans emigrated to Ireland :lol:
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 10th, 2017, 3:44 pm

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote: Why not just say that more drainage works etc. must be done to remedy the problem, that insufficient money is available to do them and that in the meantime we will do a, b and/or c until the full works can be done and then tell us what a, b and c are?

Well, it would only be worth saying this if it is all actually true. Precisely what will need doing won't become clear until the season is over, so by definition no-one knows what it could cost, so no-one can say there is insufficient money available.
no avatar
User

The Cat

Ponthir,Wales

Postby The Cat » January 10th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Funnily enough, I've started reading this board a lot more than I used to. Certain egotistical characters who once seemed to take great pleasure in ridiculing people's hopes/dreams, don't seem to be as evident as they once were. What a coincidence??

Same here. Most people on here now, whether you agree with them or not, don't resort to insults, and are not condescending. Much healthier place as a result.
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 10th, 2017, 7:26 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:
lowandhardandinthecorner wrote: Why not just say that more drainage works etc. must be done to remedy the problem, that insufficient money is available to do them and that in the meantime we will do a, b and/or c until the full works can be done and then tell us what a, b and c are?

Well, it would only be worth saying this if it is all actually true. Precisely what will need doing won't become clear until the season is over, so by definition no-one knows what it could cost, so no-one can say there is insufficient money available.

So are you saying that the report contains next to no information and no recommendations ? If that's the case, what's the need for secrecy?
no avatar
User

Triangle

Rank

Forum Patron!

With the Panthers

Postby Triangle » January 10th, 2017, 7:38 pm

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:

So are you saying that the report contains next to no information and no recommendations ? If that's the case, what's the need for secrecy?

The FA have decreed that the report should not be for public consumption. Take it up with the FA Lowandhard, not people on this messageboard or the Trust.

You are barking your dog at the wrong address.
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 10th, 2017, 7:42 pm

Triangle wrote:

The FA have decreed that the report should not be for public consumption. Take it up with the FA Lowandhard, not people on this messageboard or the Trust.

You are barking your dog at the wrong address.

All right, I'll call him off. He's too proud to shit on that mud hole anyway.
User

Lucky Mascot

Postby Lucky Mascot » January 10th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Not sure it matters what the report says really.
There is no drainage, any work done on the pitch since we have been there has made the pitch worse, 3 teams play on the pitch, there can be fixture congestion...... it rains in Wales.
Many of the things we were told would not be an issue when we moved to RP.

Main thing is that we are told what the plan is to improve the situation.! :cheers:
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 11th, 2017, 9:28 am

No. What I'm saying is you want them to come out and say things that might not actually describe what''s going on, just because it fits your version of what's going on, when in fact what's going on won't become clear until the end of the season.
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 11th, 2017, 4:41 pm

No. What I'm saying is you want them to come out and say things that might not actually describe what''s going on, just because it fits your version of what's going on, when in fact what's going on won't become clear until the end of the season.

Which begs the question surely, if the report cannot possibly contain the solution, why on earth should it be secret? I don't want them to lie, fantasise or "fit my version of what's going on", I just want them to say it as it is. I'm obviously asking far too much, after all we're only a fans owned club, why should the fans deserve the truth?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 11th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Which begs the question surely, if the report cannot possibly contain the solution, why on earth should it be secret? I don't want them to lie, fantasise or "fit my version of what's going on", I just want them to say it as it is. I'm obviously asking far too much, after all we're only a fans owned club, why should the fans deserve the truth?

I know what you're saying mate, BUT, the report's owners (not us) have (according to the Board) said that the contents are not to be shared with the public so It's not the Boards fault surely?
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 11th, 2017, 4:51 pm

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote: I don't want them to lie, fantasise or "fit my version of what's going on", I just want them to say it as it is. I'm obviously asking far too much, after all we're only a fans owned club, why should the fans deserve the truth?

Yet you state
Why not just say that more drainage works etc. must be done to remedy the problem, that insufficient money is available to do them
when you have no idea what the work might cost - because no-one will until the summer
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » January 11th, 2017, 4:56 pm

We need to separate the report itself from the plan of action. The statement says that the Football League commissioned the experts and the report they produced for the Football League was shared with us and RP. At best, the Football League own the report, but it would not be unusual for the experts to retain the intellectual property rights to the report's content. Whoever owns it, the Football League has told the club not to share it further so the club would risk punishment from the FL if they did so. We just have to accept that this is how the FL want to play it and the club have no say.

With the plan on the other hand, it must be possible for this to be shared with us in general terms in such a way that it would not bring the club into dispute with the FL. Why the board have decided not to do this is a strange one.
no avatar
User

Bangitintrnet

Postby Bangitintrnet » January 11th, 2017, 6:47 pm

Amberexile wrote:

We need to separate the report itself from the plan of action. The statement says that the Football League commissioned the experts and the report they produced for the Football League was shared with us and RP. At best, the Football League own the report, but it would not be unusual for the experts to retain the intellectual property rights to the report's content. Whoever owns it, the Football League has told the club not to share it further so the club would risk punishment from the FL if they did so. We just have to accept that this is how the FL want to play it and the club have no say.

With the plan on the other hand, it must be possible for this to be shared with us in general terms in such a way that it would not bring the club into dispute with the FL. Why the board have decided not to do this is a strange one.

Agree entirely with your interpretation of why the report is not made public. Regarding any future plan this is likely to be expensive and I can imagine all parties not wanting to take the lead, as they would be taking ownership of the problem. The owners NRFC actually use the pitch less than the Dragons who use it less than we do. So I guess it's a case of who blinks first, but all parties need it resolved and i assume we still need a report detailing a long term solution, and agreement on how the works will be funded. As we know from the debates on the club accounts, spending money on an asset that is not ours or not owned by the Dragons or indeed by Rodney Parade Ltd, can be difficult to account for.
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 11th, 2017, 7:29 pm

Amberexile wrote:

Well exactly, not a lot to ask! I obviously failed to articulate that, many thanks for doing so.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » January 11th, 2017, 7:41 pm

Bangitintrnet wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

Agree entirely with your interpretation of why the report is not made public. Regarding any future plan this is likely to be expensive and I can imagine all parties not wanting to take the lead, as they would be taking ownership of the problem. The owners NRFC actually use the pitch less than the Dragons who use it less than we do. So I guess it's a case of who blinks first, but all parties need it resolved and i assume we still need a report detailing a long term solution, and agreement on how the works will be funded. As we know from the debates on the club accounts, spending money on an asset that is not ours or not owned by the Dragons or indeed by Rodney Parade Ltd, can be difficult to account for.

You rent a house with a severely leaking roof so who pays for repairs, you or the landlord? I would suggest the latter, so the same principle should apply to the pitch.
PreviousNext