Loan Signing - Florent Bojaj

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Re: Loan Signing - Florent Bojaj

Postby Tony Soprano » January 11th, 2017, 11:17 am

Stefan1Kuntz wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:Another uninspiring signing IMHO, GW & this board are gearing us up for a return to the conference, 25 years to build, 5 minutes to destroy.

I'd argue we didn't build anything , it was all built on sand, Have you not noticed we play as tenants on a rugby pitch?

Incidentally, it took Wimbledon just 9 years to build and plot their route back to the football league

You'd argue with anything, from behind your keyboard!!
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Postby Tony Soprano » January 11th, 2017, 11:22 am

Tony Soprano wrote:
Stefan1Kuntz wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:Another uninspiring signing IMHO, GW & this board are gearing us up for a return to the conference, 25 years to build, 5 minutes to destroy.

I'd argue we didn't build anything , it was all built on sand, Have you not noticed we play as tenants on a rugby pitch?

Incidentally, it took Wimbledon just 9 years to build and plot their route back to the football league

You'd argue with anything, from behind your keyboard!!

Ps I'd say that's pretty demeaning to the people that worked their spuds off over that 25 year period trying to get us back to the Football League but then again your mate or mates who are on the current board weren't a part of it were they?
User

Catford Richard

South London

Postby Catford Richard » January 11th, 2017, 1:58 pm

I wouldn't mind a forward who got into the position to just tap in crosses from a couple of yards. Hoping Butler and JBB can fire some balls in low and direct. Crossing in the air after checking the run is over rated anyway.
no avatar
User

Triangle

Rank

Forum Patron!

With the Panthers

Postby Triangle » January 11th, 2017, 2:43 pm

Stefan1Kuntz wrote:

Hindsight bias much !

How about looking at Scarborough FC, Darlington, Accrington Stanley, Halifax or clubs that didn't make it at all or had to merge with another club just to survive. Don't forget that Wimbledon were in the top flight at a time when we were in Leagues we'd never heard of before. So if you want to measure them getting back, you'll need to wait until they get back to the Premier League. They haven't done it yet
no avatar
User

Stefan1Kuntz

Postby Stefan1Kuntz » January 11th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Triangle wrote:
Stefan1Kuntz wrote:

Hindsight bias much !

How about looking at Scarborough FC, Darlington, Accrington Stanley, Halifax or clubs that didn't make it at all or had to merge with another club just to survive. Don't forget that Wimbledon were in the top flight at a time when we were in Leagues we'd never heard of before. So if you want to measure them getting back, you'll need to wait until they get back to the Premier League. They haven't done it yet

I'm not questioning anyones hard work, merely highlighting the fact that we didn't actually build anything.

We play on a rugby pitch and do not even own a our own supporters club, people also forget that it was a lottery winner that helped us back in the league, accumulating a level of unsustainable debt in the process. That is not my idea of something being built.

Scarboro have always had a non league tradition, whilst Darlington & Halifax are on the periphery of the play offs in conference North. Indeed one of them may well be playing us next season and Accrington Stanley are actually above us.
no avatar
User

Triangle

Rank

Forum Patron!

With the Panthers

Postby Triangle » January 11th, 2017, 6:38 pm

Stefan1Kuntz wrote:
Triangle wrote:
Stefan1Kuntz wrote:

Hindsight bias much !

I'm not questioning anyones hard work, merely highlighting the fact that we didn't actually build anything.

We play on a rugby pitch and do not even own a our own supporters club, people also forget that it was a lottery winner that helped us back in the league, accumulating a level of unsustainable debt in the process. That is not my idea of something being built.

Scarboro have always had a non league tradition, whilst Darlington & Halifax are on the periphery of the play offs in conference North. Indeed one of them may well be playing us next season and Accrington Stanley are actually above us.

How many years did Accrington take?

Wimbledon haven't returned to the Premier League yet. Maybe it will take longer than 25 years !

Halifax and Darlington are not back in the League.

accumulating a level of unsustainable debt in the process. This is not true.
no avatar
User

Ref 22

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby Ref 22 » January 11th, 2017, 9:28 pm

Ugo. wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that fans can rubbish a new player before he has even kicked a ball.

Karl Darlow had made one appearance for Nottingham Forest before joining us on loan. He didn't do too badly.

I am not rubbishing him. I hope he comes here and does well.

My argument is that Westley has stated we need players with league 2 experience, he clearly hasn't got that.

Taking young players with no experience is a huge risk we shouldn't be taking in the predicament we are in. For every Karl Darlow, there are many more players who have not performed.

Good goal, we could do with a few like that from him.

Can he take penalty's
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » January 11th, 2017, 11:27 pm

Ref 22 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that fans can rubbish a new player before he has even kicked a ball.

Karl Darlow had made one appearance for Nottingham Forest before joining us on loan. He didn't do too badly.

I am not rubbishing him. I hope he comes here and does well.

My argument is that Westley has stated we need players with league 2 experience, he clearly hasn't got that.

Taking young players with no experience is a huge risk we shouldn't be taking in the predicament we are in. For every Karl Darlow, there are many more players who have not performed.

Good goal, we could do with a few like that from him.

Can he take penalty's

??
Previous