Loan Signing - Florent Bojaj

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

phil crump

Rank

Forum Patron!

Re: Loan Signing - Florent Bojaj

Postby phil crump » January 10th, 2017, 8:03 pm

the fact killie only got 16 goals in 21 lg games tends to make me think they not the most creative side,lets just give the lad a chance
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 10th, 2017, 8:15 pm

phil crump wrote:the fact killie only got 16 goals in 21 lg games tends to make me think they not the most creative side,lets just give the lad a chance

I'll give him a chance but just stating facts. I can't get excited by a player that managed just 5 games in which he started 3 and in two of those he was hauled off before 60mins.
The only comments i found that mention his name in the write up of those games were "Bojaj scooped the ball over the bar from close range".

Westley mentioned yesterday about needing to bring in players with League 2 pts experience yet then brings in a player with zero Lg2 experience. I'm just fed up but hopefully he'll hit the ground running and score plenty of goals
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » January 10th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
phil crump wrote:the fact killie only got 16 goals in 21 lg games tends to make me think they not the most creative side,lets just give the lad a chance

I'll give him a chance but just stating facts. I can't get excited by a player that managed just 5 games in which he started 3 and in two of those he was hauled off before 60mins.
The only comments i found that mention his name in the write up of those games were "Bojaj scooped the ball over the bar from close range".

Westley mentioned yesterday about needing to bring in players with League 2 pts experience yet then brings in a player with zero Lg2 experience. I'm just fed up but hopefully he'll hit the ground running and score plenty of goals

Mind you didnt GW say when he joined us he didnt need to strengthen the squad :shock: :shock: :shock:
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » January 10th, 2017, 8:34 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Mind you didnt GW say when he joined us he didnt need to strengthen the squad :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well he was right! He didn't need to strengthen it, he needed to scrap it! :grin:
no avatar
User

phil crump

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby phil crump » January 10th, 2017, 8:37 pm

I know we all worried but in all honesty we are not going to get any player who is playing regularly from any team in the football lge but having said that will anybody who is around us
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » January 10th, 2017, 8:49 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

To be fair what he said was 'I don't want to sign players in January'

I took that to mean that he was telling his new players that they had every chance to perform and if they did it means that he wouldn't need to sign players in January. It was mind games on his part, for whatever reason the players haven't taken their chance and he needs to sign players. I have no problem with that statement, what I do have a problem is his constant statements in recent weeks of needing players with league 2 experience and then signing kids with little or no experience anywhere and players who havent even been deemed good enough to play in clubs in league below us,
no avatar
User

mad norm

NEAR WOKING,SUTTON AND ALDERSHOT

Postby mad norm » January 10th, 2017, 9:14 pm

Maybe we could attract players for the novelty value....." Respect good mate you've played for the 92nd club in the league"
Kudos
I was there
Awful pitch
One of 489 players to wear the county shirt that season
12 postponements due to flooding
Played for 8 managers
Scored a goal in February
Stand collapsed
Board resigned on several occasions
Attracted a heap of investors with no money
Fans stumped up a fortune to keep the club alive
I was there :shock:
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Postby Tony Soprano » January 10th, 2017, 9:21 pm

Another uninspiring signing IMHO, GW & this board are gearing us up for a return to the conference, 25 years to build, 5 minutes to destroy.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » January 10th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Tony Soprano wrote:Another uninspiring signing IMHO, GW & this board are gearing us up for a return to the conference, 25 years to build, 5 minutes to destroy.

County appear to be going backwards at pace. Westley allows Parkin to go earlier than he needed to, gets rid of the one half-decent unattached players (O'Hanlon) and then brings an Albanian/Kosovan (that well-known hotbed of footballers) that has never scored a senior goal.

You couldn't make it up.

I did say weeks ago that we should sack Westley rather than give him money to fritter away. Seven players in and not a decent one amongst them yet...
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » January 10th, 2017, 9:42 pm

wattsville_boy wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:Another uninspiring signing IMHO, GW & this board are gearing us up for a return to the conference, 25 years to build, 5 minutes to destroy.

County appear to be going backwards at pace. Westley allows Parkin to go earlier than he needed to, gets rid of the one half-decent unattached players (O'Hanlon) and then brings an Albanian/Kosovan (that well-known hotbed of footballers) that has never scored a senior goal.

You couldn't make it up.

I did say weeks ago that we should sack Westley rather than give him money to fritter away. Seven players in and not a decent one amongst them yet...

I agree (but he has scored 1 senior goal tho)
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » January 10th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Ugo. wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

You couldn't make it up.

I stand corrected. My bet is that the ball hit him on the way in...
User

girl saturday

Rank

Forum Patron!

Even my locks are black & Amber

Postby girl saturday » January 10th, 2017, 9:49 pm

Blackandamber wrote:But can he play on a real pitch not all those billiard tables?

I've heard our pitch described as many things.. but "a real pitch", surely not?
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » January 10th, 2017, 9:50 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that fans can rubbish a new player before he has even kicked a ball.

Karl Darlow had made one appearance for Nottingham Forest before joining us on loan. He didn't do too badly.
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » January 10th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that fans can rubbish a new player before he has even kicked a ball.

Karl Darlow had made one appearance for Nottingham Forest before joining us on loan. He didn't do too badly.

I am not rubbishing him. I hope he comes here and does well.

My argument is that Westley has stated we need players with league 2 experience, he clearly hasn't got that.

Taking young players with no experience is a huge risk we shouldn't be taking in the predicament we are in. For every Karl Darlow, there are many more players who have not performed.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 10th, 2017, 10:00 pm

wattsville_boy wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

You couldn't make it up.

I stand corrected. My bet is that the ball hit him on the way in...

Wrong. It was a two yard tap in :lol:

Forward to 1:37 if you're interested

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_p9n76XOTs
PreviousNext