Loan Signing - Florent Bojaj

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Re: Loan Signing - Florent Bojaj

Postby Tony Soprano » January 10th, 2017, 10:11 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that fans can rubbish a new player before he has even kicked a ball.

Karl Darlow had made one appearance for Nottingham Forest before joining us on loan. He didn't do too badly.

The difference is though, a decent manager who was trying to get us into the league signed Darlow, not a halfwit who's trying to take us out of the league.
no avatar
User

somerton moss

Postby somerton moss » January 10th, 2017, 10:32 pm

I will give him a chance but it is not a signing that excites me so far every signing is making me think that Westley is not a man of his word. League 2 experience, existing players will be better and fitter and the team will push for the play offs.
Why does he not sign the right type of player ? If he keeps us up he will have the respect of Houdini who escaped from danger more than most he was an escapologist but I think Westley is a contortionist of the truth. :roll:
User

ghosty

Postby ghosty » January 10th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Tony Soprano wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that fans can rubbish a new player before he has even kicked a ball.

Karl Darlow had made one appearance for Nottingham Forest before joining us on loan. He didn't do too badly.

The difference is though, a decent manager who was trying to get us into the league signed Darlow, not a halfwit who's trying to take us out of the league.

The decent manager was trying to keep us in the conference when we signed Darlow
When he tried to get us into the league he signed Julian
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 10th, 2017, 10:37 pm

As someone else said, for every Darlow there's 10 sacks of shite ..
User

ulkraineinthebahrain

Postby ulkraineinthebahrain » January 10th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Looking at Craig Reid's record before joining us in the CS, he hadn't scored a single snr goal. I would give the lad a chance before slating him. Ollie McBurnie is another example of no senior goals before joining us and he scored a hatrick on his debut....
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 10th, 2017, 10:49 pm

ulkraineinthebahrain wrote:Looking at Craig Reid's record before joining us in the CS, he hadn't scored a single snr goal. I would give the lad a chance before slating him. Ollie McBurnie is another example of no senior goals before joining us and he scored a hatrick on his debut....

With regards to McBurnie, you mean other than the 5 goals he'd scored for Chester ?
Last edited by Exile 1976 on January 10th, 2017, 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

Chez

Newport

Postby Chez » January 10th, 2017, 11:08 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Wrong. It was a two yard tap in :lol:

Forward to 1:37 if you're interested

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_p9n76XOTs

Whilst it is from 2 yards, it was a nice finish. He anticipated the cross well and got on the end of it. How many goals do we score like that?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 10th, 2017, 11:15 pm

Chez wrote:

Whilst it is from 2 yards, it was a nice finish. He anticipated the cross well and got on the end of it. How many goals do we score like that?

Come on, it wasn't a 'nice finish', it was as simple a finish you'll ever see. The movement to anticipate the ball coming across was good though, yes.

If he can get a few two yard tap ins for us that'd be great. Couldn't care less how he scores as long as he does.

I'm actually looking forward to Saturday, not because I expect us to win, **** no, just want to see how the new guys are coming along .... Oh and the good chance that Jackson & JMW might be nowhere to be seen ...
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Postby Tony Soprano » January 10th, 2017, 11:23 pm

ghosty wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:

The decent manager was trying to keep us in the conference when we signed Darlow

Did he or did he not get us into the Football League?
no avatar
User

Chez

Newport

Postby Chez » January 10th, 2017, 11:27 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
Chez wrote:

Come on, it wasn't a 'nice finish', it was as simple a finish you'll ever see. The movement to anticipate the ball coming across was good though, yes.

If he can get a few two yard tap ins for us that'd be great. Couldn't care less how he scores as long as he does.

I'm actually looking forward to Saturday, not because I expect us to win, **** no, just want to see how the new guys are coming along .... Oh and the good chance that Jackson & JMW might be nowhere to be seen ...

My bad.. Thought he scored the second one :oops:
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » January 11th, 2017, 12:22 am

somerton moss wrote:I will give him a chance but it is not a signing that excites me so far every signing is making me think that Westley is not a man of his word. League 2 experience, existing players will be better and fitter and the team will push for the play offs.
Why does he not sign the right type of player ? If he keeps us up he will have the respect of Houdini who escaped from danger more than most he was an escapologist but I think Westley is a contortionist of the truth. :roll:

Who are these 'right' players and would they want to join us ?
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 11th, 2017, 8:33 am

wattsville_boy wrote: Albanian/Kosovan (that well-known hotbed of footballers) .

By extraction, probably anyone who has "xh" in his name or a Q without a U. I can think of a couple.I'd take.
no avatar
User

Stefan1Kuntz

Postby Stefan1Kuntz » January 11th, 2017, 9:33 am

Tony Soprano wrote:Another uninspiring signing IMHO, GW & this board are gearing us up for a return to the conference, 25 years to build, 5 minutes to destroy.

I'd argue we didn't build anything , it was all built on sand, Have you not noticed we play as tenants on a rugby pitch?

Incidentally, it took Wimbledon just 9 years to build and plot their route back to the football league
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 11th, 2017, 9:54 am

Stefan1Kuntz wrote: Incidentally, it took Wimbledon just 9 years to build and plot their route back to the football league

Yes, and with the resources early in that process to be able to buy a prime piece of real estate in southwest London with a football ground we'd kill for now already on it.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » January 11th, 2017, 10:03 am

ghosty wrote: The decent manager was trying to keep us in the conference when we signed Darlow

Surprised to see Julian on TV the other week still in the Conference, with Bromley.
PreviousNext