Invitation to Hospitality @ Colchester game......

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

newgroundrodney

Rank

Forum Patron!

Cardiff, UK

Invitation to Hospitality @ Colchester game......

Postby newgroundrodney » January 11th, 2017, 2:09 pm

I received an email invite to hospitality (presumably including an upgraded ticket) for the Colchester game. This was in recognition for my contributions under the initial Benefits & Rewards Scheme, which was for a minimum commitment of 12 months, which I have exceeded that by 2 months.
Unfortunately, I'm working this Saturday, but in any case, I have already cancelled my future payments by DD so not sure I'd feel right to attend anyway.

The Benefits & Rewards Scheme is due to be relaunched, and maybe I'll rejoin in time when I know what is included.For me, for my donations, the continued existence of the football club is all the rewards I would want. I always said, if the club's gonna fold, it's not gonna fold for the want of MY money. What others do is up to them!
If I remember correctly, the scheme was never as widely supported as was first hoped, with something like 50 people, donating £10k a year, or figures around that area. This is / was never going to be enough. It's OK to use the expression "fan-owned", but I'd rather we drop that (if the Trust model is the way forward) and describe ourselves as "Supporter- Funded", making it clear to fans, businessmen & the community at large, that Newport County will only be as strong as the funding it receives.

The days where simply buying a ticket, program and a pie are gone. I realise that some have financial circumstances, but what I want to make clear, is in terms of ONGOING financial funding, we the fans AS A GROUP (not individuals) have not responded as was first hoped. What we REALLY needed was closer to 1000 fans donating £15 a month...... I remember Chris Blight quite rightly saying: "it's easier to ask 1000 men for a £, than one man for a grand!"..... Had Les not arrived, this is exactly how the club would have needed to be funded.

I cancelled my subscription due to the lack of info, relationship with landlords, and also, I did think, as a non-Newport resident, maybe selfishly, "if the people of Newport won't fund their club, why should I?".....the funding I gave over the time I was a contibutor, amounted to buying my season ticket twice, and I'm OK with that.

As I have said before, this scheme should be widened out to allow the issuing of amber points for lots more areas of funding. For example, you book a table of 10 in hospitality, you get 525 amber points....... match mascot.... ball sponsor..... ground advertising.... away travel (booked via Jeff)......away ticket purchase..... shop purchases and many more. So that, THOSE WHO FUND THE MOST ARE REWARDED THE MOST.....
Then, if we ever did get a "big draw" (like we almost did), the tickets could be sold in order of the number of Amber Points held, highest first. "Only supporters with 1000+ Amber Points should apply at first".... things like that! I would ask the Trust to consider such a roll out. Loyalty points if you wanna call it that.

So to receive an invite to Hospitality was very nice, very welcome, but as I say, unfortunately I'm not available on this occasion.

Can I ask everyone - myself included - to have a fresh look at the Benefits & Reward Scheme.....even if you only come in at the "entry level" of £15 per month = £3.46 per week... (think of it as buying the club a pint!)

And what we need to get away from is calling ourselves "fan-owned".... just "owning" the Club is not enough, we need to fund it.
User

Corpa Tuncay

Re: Invitation to Hospitality @ Colchester game......

Postby Corpa Tuncay » January 11th, 2017, 5:26 pm

I got that email and I will be attending. Woo hoo! :cheers: :bounce:
User

County Lad

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby County Lad » January 11th, 2017, 5:36 pm

I will be attending too :grin:
User

Corpa Tuncay

Postby Corpa Tuncay » January 11th, 2017, 6:17 pm

See you there, fella!