The Past. The Present. The Future

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

Taffweigan

The Past. The Present. The Future

Postby Taffweigan » January 11th, 2017, 6:45 pm

https://youtu.be/bkeOmhV3pzE

Thoughts appreciated
no avatar
User

Ref 22

Rank

Forum Patron!

Re: The Past. The Present. The Future

Postby Ref 22 » January 11th, 2017, 9:20 pm

Taffweigan wrote:https://youtu.be/bkeOmhV3pzE

Thoughts appreciated

Will look later its over 30 minutes
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Rank

Forum Patron!

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » January 11th, 2017, 9:46 pm

A good listen Taff. Glad to see you got rid of the glaring light bulb behind your head.

Some observations from me:

15:00... "fan ownership".......... I think we need to drop this phrase and start using the words "Supporter Funded" for the reasons you gave afterwards @ 17:28

15:50..."not embraced as it should have been"....referring to the Trust model, and you're quite right. In my view too much emphasis was made on simply joining the Trust". When a lady in the audience asked "how long would we have to find the money?" we were told we don't know, when the Supporters Direct is clear that i's usually a month, so for many, only ONE payday was available, but we STILL raised the cash, but I felt after that, everyone thought that was IT, job done, when really it wasn't, and never was going to be. This was not made clear enough.

17:05..."communication is poor"......... Yes it is, and we were promised faithfully it would improve, and it didn't. Once again, we're being told it'll improve, so let's see if it actually does.

17:28...."we as a group of supporters are not financing the club as it should be"....... Absolutely spot on. In another thread I have made this point very clearly, and I'm glad you said AS A GROUP, because everyone has their own circumstances, but in that thread, I ask for the Benefits & Rewards Scheme to be rolled out across a wider sphere of fundraising activity, and as I said, we need to drop the term "fan owned" and replace it with "Supporter funded" to get the message across.

21:10..."work with the Rugby to make Rodney Parade better".... good in theory, but in practice, we are tenants, they can play on almost any surface, they have no need to work with us on anything. God forbid, it's as much as they can do to even open a bar, or put a TV on, or lay out tables..... They just don't want us there, simple as.
Recent problems with the pitch may force them into action, but it'll be with themselves in mind, not us.

So those are my thoughts.

"NEWPORT COUNTY AFC - A SUPPORTER FUNDED FOOTBALL CLUB"
User

Lucky Mascot

Postby Lucky Mascot » January 11th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Good listen.
Spot on with the past, although younger age group academy is likely better now than pre-promotion.

One question fir you though.
When was the last supporter group meeting and why has nothing progressed with this?
User

Taffweigan

Postby Taffweigan » January 12th, 2017, 10:03 am

newgroundrodney wrote:A good listen Taff. Glad to see you got rid of the glaring light bulb behind your head.

Some observations from me:

15:00... "fan ownership".......... I think we need to drop this phrase and start using the words "Supporter Funded" for the reasons you gave afterwards @ 17:28

15:50..."not embraced as it should have been"....referring to the Trust model, and you're quite right. In my view too much emphasis was made on simply joining the Trust". When a lady in the audience asked "how long would we have to find the money?" we were told we don't know, when the Supporters Direct is clear that i's usually a month, so for many, only ONE payday was available, but we STILL raised the cash, but I felt after that, everyone thought that was IT, job done, when really it wasn't, and never was going to be. This was not made clear enough.

17:05..."communication is poor"......... Yes it is, and we were promised faithfully it would improve, and it didn't. Once again, we're being told it'll improve, so let's see if it actually does.

17:28...."we as a group of supporters are not financing the club as it should be"....... Absolutely spot on. In another thread I have made this point very clearly, and I'm glad you said AS A GROUP, because everyone has their own circumstances, but in that thread, I ask for the Benefits & Rewards Scheme to be rolled out across a wider sphere of fundraising activity, and as I said, we need to drop the term "fan owned" and replace it with "Supporter funded" to get the message across.

21:10..."work with the Rugby to make Rodney Parade better".... good in theory, but in practice, we are tenants, they can play on almost any surface, they have no need to work with us on anything. God forbid, it's as much as they can do to even open a bar, or put a TV on, or lay out tables..... They just don't want us there, simple as.
Recent problems with the pitch may force them into action, but it'll be with themselves in mind, not us.

So those are my thoughts.

"NEWPORT COUNTY AFC - A SUPPORTER FUNDED FOOTBALL CLUB"

Thank you for taking the time to offer such a detailed outlook on this blog. Supporter Funded is a very good way of putting it. Ideally that is exactly what we should be. We took control of the club. We should step up
User

Taffweigan

Postby Taffweigan » January 12th, 2017, 10:04 am

Lucky Mascot wrote:Good listen.
Spot on with the past, although younger age group academy is likely better now than pre-promotion.

One question fir you though.
When was the last supporter group meeting and why has nothing progressed with this?

If you're referring to the supporters partnership then our last meeting was November
User

Corpa Tuncay

Postby Corpa Tuncay » January 12th, 2017, 3:15 pm

Good video, Taff.

However don't think we have an attractive asset to sell as we don't own a stadium, training ground or any decent players.

So it seems we have to make the supporter model work.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » January 14th, 2017, 1:29 pm

I cannot claim to watch many of your videos but you obviously think long and hard about Countys' myriad problems. Your voice is rarely not worth listening to.

For me a supporter funded football club is our best option going forward. Of course there are current difficulties - like communication and inclusivity - but getting a grip on finances have been of higher priority initially I guess. The club will only start to move forward when it starts making decent decisions. It seems ludicrous to me that we can appoint a CEO who has a history of upping and leaving at the first signs of conflict. It also seems ludicrous that we appoint a Manager who apparently seems to be so difficult to work with. What kind of interview process do we have that these things are not picked up? Why not use Acorn for these tasks?

I feel that once the club feels as if everyone is pulling in the right direction it'll flourish. The recent "leak" of the 2015-16 accounts suggest that a start has been made. Okay the profit announced was on the back of selling players but if some indication is made at the forthcoming AGM that the club is on target to break-even (or post a small profit) for this coming financial year then supporters will feel more confident that any monies invested into the club will not be squandered by those in charge. It may also give some hope that the club is prepared for next season whether that might be. Personally I can't see County anywhere other than playing Conference football next season but if that is so then I may gain some crumbs of comfort if I feel the club has a plan and that plan is achievable without putting the club in hock again.
no avatar
User

Stefan1Kuntz

Postby Stefan1Kuntz » January 14th, 2017, 2:14 pm

wattsville_boy wrote:I cannot claim to watch many of your videos but you obviously think long and hard about Countys' myriad problems. Your voice is rarely not worth listening to.

For me a supporter funded football club is our best option going forward. Of course there are current difficulties - like communication and inclusivity - but getting a grip on finances have been of higher priority initially I guess. The club will only start to move forward when it starts making decent decisions. It seems ludicrous to me that we can appoint a CEO who has a history of upping and leaving at the first signs of conflict. It also seems ludicrous that we appoint a Manager who apparently seems to be so difficult to work with. What kind of interview process do we have that these things are not picked up? Why not use Acorn for these tasks?

I feel that once the club feels as if everyone is pulling in the right direction it'll flourish. The recent "leak" of the 2015-16 accounts suggest that a start has been made. Okay the profit announced was on the back of selling players but if some indication is made at the forthcoming AGM that the club is on target to break-even (or post a small profit) for this coming financial year then supporters will feel more confident that any monies invested into the club will not be squandered by those in charge. It may also give some hope that the club is prepared for next season whether that might be. Personally I can't see County anywhere other than playing Conference football next season but if that is so then I may gain some crumbs of comfort if I feel the club has a plan and that plan is achievable without putting the club in hock again.

Les and Howard appointed a CEO that had a reputation for upping and leaving.

I agree about Acorn though, but didn't they have a representative on the board that took 3 months to interview and appoint Anthony Hudson, whilst slipping out of the conference play offs?
no avatar
User

The dragons fire

Postby The dragons fire » January 14th, 2017, 7:34 pm

Stefan1Kuntz wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:I cannot claim to watch many of your videos but you obviously think long and hard about Countys' myriad problems. Your voice is rarely not worth listening to.

Les and Howard appointed a CEO that had a reputation for upping and leaving.

I agree about Acorn though, but didn't they have a representative on the board that took 3 months to interview and appoint Anthony Hudson, whilst slipping out of the conference play offs?

Who's Acorn?