Re: A Consortium, or the status quo! IF, we get relegated.

The Cat wrote:the guy was out of his depth from the start. Another terrible appointment.
Having met him I agree with that statement. In my opinion he loves himself and I wouldn't have him run a corner shop, let alone a football club. Just my opinion of course.[/quote]

Went from Jason turners personal PA to chief of operations! Wasn't it said at the time he was sacked from Cardiff as well?[/quote]
Yes he was sacked by Cardiff. He's quite deluded as he recently applied for a job high up with the running of women's football in England. Needless to say he didn't get the job but he thinks both Cardiff and the County were wrong to get rid of him.
Rob's point about not giving money is quite a good one because from the 1st moment I met this guy I could tell he is full of bull. They should have seen that as well.[/quote]
Last edited by Somerton son on July 16th, 2017, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guest101 wrote:
The Cat wrote:the guy was out of his depth from the start. Another terrible appointment.
Having met him I agree with that statement. In my opinion he loves himself and I wouldn't have him run a corner shop, let alone a football club. Just my opinion of course.
Went from Jason turners personal PA to chief of operations! Wasn't it said at the time he was sacked from Cardiff as well?[/quote]
Yes he was sacked by Cardiff. He's quite deluded as he recently applied for a job high up with the running of women's football in England. Needless to say he didn't get the job but he thinks both Cardiff and the County were wrong to get rid of him.
Rob's point about not giving money is quite a good one because from the 1st moment I met this guy I could tell he is full of bull. They should have seen that as well.[/quote]

We used to criticise previous boards for not advertising the job. some are now on the board and what do we do give this guy a job for 3 months now 18 months later still paying him.

So that's Feeney Todd Mccarthy Westley Dino
and Redwood. Christ i'm amazed we still have a pot to pi55 in.[/quote]

I thought it was made clear in a previous post that we weren't still paying him.

guest101 wrote:
Having met him I agree with that statement. In my opinion he loves himself and I wouldn't have him run a corner shop, let alone a football club. Just my opinion of course.

We used to criticise previous boards for not advertising the job. some are now on the board and what do we do give this guy a job for 3 months now 18 months later still paying him.

So that's Feeney Todd Mccarthy Westley Dino
and Redwood. Christ i'm amazed we still have a pot to pi55 in.[/quote]

Yes me too , must have been some prudent get out clauses in those contracts don't you think?

Credit where it is due , and thanks for highlighting the board protecting the club.

Yep current board definitely protected the club with pay offs I think 3 months salary unlike Greenhaf who paid Butcher 12 months salary yep 12 facking months on a 2 year contract total incompetence and probably 100k of the Washington money gone might even be 150k for Osman and Marsella and a staff member who got paid because the old bod facked up. Rumour has it people who totally slagged Greenhaf now think he did a good job, unbelievable double standards.

supporter wrote:Yep current board definitely protected the club with pay offs I think 3 months salary unlike Greenhaf who paid Butcher 12 months salary yep 12 facking months on a 2 year contract total incompetence and probably 100k of the Washington money gone might even be 150k for Osman and Marsella and a staff member who got paid because the old bod facked up. Rumour has it people who totally slagged Greenhaf now think he did a good job, unbelievable double standards.
It's very sad and undoubtedly stops people with the right skill set stepping forward to help our club.

Funny thing is though , no one can present a tangible alternative - it's all about criticism

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Wasn't Butcher appointed 4 months after Les stopped funding the deficit?
He still picked him!
Greenhaf appointed Butcher. He did so hoping that Scadding would develop a man crush on Butcher, as he had with Edinburgh, and thus continue to fund the club. Scadding had a new girlfriend who told Lotto to stop being an idiot.
Problem is, there was so much crap spoken at the time, I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

guest101 wrote:
supporter wrote:Yep current board definitely protected the club with pay offs I think 3 months salary unlike Greenhaf who paid Butcher 12 months salary yep 12 facking months on a 2 year contract total incompetence and probably 100k of the Washington money gone might even be 150k for Osman and Marsella and a staff member who got paid because the old bod facked up. Rumour has it people who totally slagged Greenhaf now think he did a good job, unbelievable double standards.

I'll massively give HG credit for the sell on clause him and Tim put in for the CW deal and also massive credit for the board he put together once les had thrown his toys out. that board would of done a lot better than the present incumbents As they were a mixture of fans business people and football people. AND THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO RUN A FOOTBALL CLUB

Rob Sant.

Broad statement

It's 2017 - we now have a mixture of supporters , business people and a football person on the board - JUST WHAT WE NEED TO RUN A FOOTBALL CLUB

+ some with two years experience of running a football league club ( not non league )

In fact I'm going to increase my monthly donations I feel so good.

So what your saying Rob is with hindsight you acknowledge that HG did some good things which is what I always maintained whilst he was in position whilst you slated him the whole time he was in position and wanted him nowhere near our club. He did some good stuff eg CW sell on clause and some not so good stuff eg 12 months compensation for Butcher plus the others I've mentioned and I would say the trust fall into the same category and have done some good stuff and not so good stuff. I've said elsewhere the rewards and benefits has not been pushed enough so I'm happy to criticise if it's justified. I have also said from the word go that the current trust constitution needs to change to encourage investment and without this at some stage we will fail, whether it's next season the season after or 5 seasons down the line. For me Rob it looks like you've just moved from attacking HG when he was in position and have replaced him with attacking the current trust/bod. One thing that remains a constant concern is getting either a new income stream in or investment because without one of these as mentioned we will eventually fall off the edge of the cliff.