Re: EMAIL

George Street-Bridge wrote:I'm genuinely sorry if the spats this strange man engineers with various forum users bore other readers.

My remark mocking the idea that the drainage problem could be diagnosed without inspecting the site was actually in reply to a different posting.
Phil 'mock the dead' Tanner speaks.

As for other readers being bored, I can't read minds and unlike you Phil don't presume to do so. However you might try asking yourself this. Look at the number of people who read this. I don't myself read things which bore me. Only idiots do that. I don't believe the vast majority of people who read this board are idiots. I prefer to believe that having read this exchange they know you for the lying narrow minded little bigot you are. :grin:

Brendan,

Unfortunately, it is blatantly obvious to me that you will not get the outcome that you seek on this forum. It is also obvious to me that this is causing you some considerable distress. We are all human after all - now isn't that stating the bleeding obvious, lest we forget.

You have alleged that an untruth has been made against you. You have articulated this point to a fine degree. As far as I am concerned (and whilst there are always two parts to a story) I completely understand your viewpoint. My question - do you have access to a lawyer :wink: (said ever so slightly with tongue in cheek)? Use the law to seek the solution you seek.

Now, thinking about the comments that you have previously made on this board, please excuse me if I suggest that your reply to this suggestion of mine would be that you agree with freedom of speech however unpalatable, and you would like to use argumentative reasoning to prove your point. You have used reasoning with no success.

On another thread this evening (elsewhere) you have discussed the merits of the Utilitarian prophet Jeremy Bentham. Now, my understanding of the philosopher is that he stated that something is good if it causes the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people. That could possibly be shortened to 'the end justifies the means'. I happen to disagree with this reasoning, and I think you do too. However, to get the solution that you feel is right, Mr Jeremy Bentham may well be your best friend and leading light.

Of course, in the real world, there is an easy solution but sadly, it will never happen and that my friend is the saddest aspect of this whole sorry scenario. It is so easy to resolve. However, unless you do this, this problem you have will eat you up. Cause and effect.

Anyway, back to the real world, either scenario won't happen, you know it and I know it. Sad, so bloody sad. I don't know the real world solution unfortunately. If only........

weownourclub wrote:The only rift is between you and reality. I hope no potential fans ever read this board and that you never get anywhere near a position of power at our club because we would be fooked.

Out of interest do you think I am an idiot?

Well we haven’t had a post about the drains for a while, I bet a lot of you have been missing talking about them :grin:
This season has cleared up the debate as far as I’m concerned. The drainage has been improved and what causes flooding is the rainfall in inches per unit of time exceeding a certain level. If somebody could be @rsed working out exactly what that critical value was then if some local meteorologist could predict the rate of rainfall then they’d save our exiled fans a wasted journey. When it rains torrentially, once a certain rate of rainfall occurs, the drains can’t cope, it’s as simple as that. You can see the level rising as you look on such occasions. We had a lot of rain Saturday night and Sunday morning, the pitch was fine for the Dragons on Sunday afternoon so it’s not the amount , it’s the amount of rain per unit of time at the time of the match. Very, very difficult decision for those travelling imho .

lowandhard wrote:Well we haven’t had a post about the drains for a while, I bet a lot of you have been missing talking about them :grin:
This season has cleared up the debate as far as I’m concerned. The drainage has been improved and what causes flooding is the rainfall in inches per unit of time exceeding a certain level. If somebody could be @rsed working out exactly what that critical value was then if some local meteorologist could predict the rate of rainfall then they’d save our exiled fans a wasted journey. When it rains torrentially, once a certain rate of rainfall occurs, the drains can’t cope, it’s as simple as that. You can see the level rising as you look on such occasions. We had a lot of rain Saturday night and Sunday morning, the pitch was fine for the Dragons on Sunday afternoon so it’s not the amount , it’s the amount of rain per unit of time at the time of the match. Very, very difficult decision for those travelling imho .
As well as bespoke drainage there is now a pumping station underneath the entrance to the Hasell Stand. So water that now drains quicker from the pitch drainage is not backed up against water already in the storm water system.

The issue with the installation of the pitch drainage was sand falling back into deep slit trenching. The ground didn't have designed drainage, the pitch was just laid on top of sand. I believe that the area was originally salt pond's.

If you asked your Father if a trench could be dug in hard compacted ground, he answered the wrong question.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
weownourclub wrote:The only rift is between you and reality. I hope no potential fans ever read this board and that you never get anywhere near a position of power at our club because we would be fooked.

Out of interest do you think I am an idiot?
I'm claiming the fifth!

Bush wrote:Im struggling to see how anyone can attack stan for what he has posted here! but there we go. Says more about those individuals I guess.

as with many on here , they dont want to debate the subject in question they would rather make personnel attacks on the poster.

A few weeks ago I posted that posters could get £5 FREE for the club through the 'Easy Fundraising' site by recommending a friend or signing up using another web address. Within three posts it had gone off subject and it was 'have a go at me'. Thats why I will in future I will not be posting on this site very often.
This site has turned into a school playground and you cant debate decent subjects without most reverting back to the same things and the same posters having 'digs' at posters who's views they disagree with.

I think the point is that, out of the blue, a thread started in July 2017 which ran for five pages and (as far as I can see) has no discernable link to any current line of discussion, suddenly reappears. I'd be happy if someone can explain why........ second thoughts, let's not go there.

excessbee wrote:I think the point is that, out of the blue, a thread started in July 2017 which ran for five pages and (as far as I can see) has no discernable link to any current line of discussion, suddenly reappears. I'd be happy if someone can explain why........ second thoughts, let's not go there.
Daftas saw the point. PM him.