EMAIL

I am delighted to report that the club have finally responded to my last email. I am delighted also that the Trust have called an open meeting. I need to see my accountant in London so will make best endeavors to make Thursday 27 July. One perhaps niggle is that for those of us who don't live in Newport 7-00 pm on a Thursday is not ideal, but I am over the moon that the club are engaging with supporters. It would be churlish not to acknowledge this and more importantly wipe the slate clean. I am sure there is much we would all change about the last few years if we were able. We can't alter the past we can control the future.

My view is next season will be a very tough one. That said if as a club we start pulling together, it might just be the start of better times. With that in mind I shall over the weekend write to the club again with the questions I would like answered. Not to put blame on what has happened in the past but rather to see how we can avoid the very real rift, evident on here, that opened up between the club and the supporters. The only thing I have in common with GSB or Mayfly has in common with Corky is that we all want Newport County to be as successful as possible.

It's a start.

Re: EMAIL

George Street-Bridge wrote:I honestly don't have the slightest interest in being a character in the soap opera playing out inside your head.
George,

You are clearly a very sad man. I am genuinely sorry that I seem to have added to that angst.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I honestly don't have the slightest interest in being a character in the soap opera playing out inside your head.
George,

You are clearly a very sad man. I am genuinely sorry that I seem to have added to that angst.

You can see why his daughter started following Spurs.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I am delighted to report that the club have finally responded to my last email. I am delighted also that the Trust have called an open meeting. I need to see my accountant in London so will make best endeavors to make Thursday 27 July. One perhaps niggle is that for those of us who don't live in Newport 7-00 pm on a Thursday is not ideal, but I am over the moon that the club are engaging with supporters. It would be churlish not to acknowledge this and more importantly wipe the slate clean. I am sure there is much we would all change about the last few years if we were able. We can't alter the past we can control the future.

My view is next season will be a very tough one. That said if as a club we start pulling together, it might just be the start of better times. With that in mind I shall over the weekend write to the club again with the questions I would like answered. Not to put blame on what has happened in the past but rather to see how we can avoid the very real rift, evident on here, that opened up between the club and the supporters. The only thing I have in common with GSB or Mayfly has in common with Corky is that we all want Newport County to be as successful as possible.

It's a start.

A "very real rift" between the club and supporters? Apply followed by "evident on here" i.e. Not in the real world

1,014 season tickets sold and counting is an increase of 264 from last season and suggests the "silent majority " are indeed behind the club- much to your dismay.

Ps mate
Don Trump joined in January 2017, shouldn't you be questioning him ? Nope - didn't think so.

Somerton son wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I am delighted to report that the club have finally responded to my last email. I am delighted also that the Trust have called an open meeting. I need to see my accountant in London so will make best endeavors to make Thursday 27 July. One perhaps niggle is that for those of us who don't live in Newport 7-00 pm on a Thursday is not ideal, but I am over the moon that the club are engaging with supporters. It would be churlish not to acknowledge this and more importantly wipe the slate clean. I am sure there is much we would all change about the last few years if we were able. We can't alter the past we can control the future.

It's a start.

A "very real rift" between the club and supporters? Apply followed by "evident on here" i.e. Not in the real world

1,014 season tickets sold and counting is an increase of 264 from last season and suggests the "silent majority " are indeed behind the club- much to your dismay.

Ps mate
Don Trump joined in January 2017, shouldn't you be questioning him ? Nope - didn't think so.
My dear fellow,

Having posted to congratulate the incumbent board I have to say I was somewhat distressed by your wholly negative response.

Whilst you are correct in pointing out with your use of figures that when the season ticket sales minus the 250 in the fire sale are only up by fourteen after the great escape I do feel you are missing the point.The board are at long last engaging with the fans.That is a great leap forward and it would be churlish indeed if I didn't make the effort to reciprocate. Time to move forward don't you think?

Can't say I've detected an increased readiness to engage with supporters. What I have noticed is an increased readiness among forum users to stand up to posters who will seize any stick to beat the club with, and long may that continue.

I imagine most people planning to go to the meeting will just, er, well, go to the meeting and not feel they need to deliver a pronouncement from the throne about it.

Somerton son wrote:

It's a start.

Ps mate
So did you!!!!

George Street-Bridge wrote:Can't say I've detected an increased readiness to engage with supporters. What I have noticed is an increased readiness among forum users to stand up to posters who will seize any stick to beat the club with, and long may that continue.

I imagine most people planning to go to the meeting will just, er, well, go to the meeting and not feel they need to deliver a pronouncement from the throne about it.
He said he'd post on here when he gets a response from the board to his email & from what I can see that's exactly what he's done!! :shock:

Tony Soprano wrote:
Somerton son wrote:

It's a start.

Ps mate
So did you!!!!
Exactly - I'm pulled up on it by Stan , the club haters aren't !

Agenda you think?

Stan, unfortunately I can't think of a time that wouldn't be inconvenient for those living away from Newport. Perhaps a start later than 7pm, but in another thread there were complaints about a meeting being brought to a premature end. Incidentally, I didn't see that as anything other than the time booked at the Riverfront being exhausted. So a 7pm start may allow for fuller discussion of important matters. I'd like to think if you arrive a little later you would still be admitted.
7:45 kick offs on a Tuesday evening are also a bit of a pain!