Re: EMAIL

Somerton son wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:I don't know what you mean by " club haters "
So you think Don Trump has the clubs best interests at heart ?
So you're saying Don Trump hates the club ? Do you really believe that ?

I have seen nothing from you that makes me think you love our club. I have seen a few comments that make me think you like the board.

excessbee wrote:Stan, unfortunately I can't think of a time that wouldn't be inconvenient for those living away from Newport. Perhaps a start later than 7pm, but in another thread there were complaints about a meeting being brought to a premature end. Incidentally, I didn't see that as anything other than the time booked at the Riverfront being exhausted. So a 7pm start may allow for fuller discussion of important matters. I'd like to think if you arrive a little later you would still be admitted.
7:45 kick offs on a Tuesday evening are also a bit of a pain!
A Saturday starting at about 11-am would be better, but I hardly think saying 'one little niggle' or 'not ideal' could be read as an indictment. Moving on, it is really unfortunate that having written on here that the club had not replied to my email it would be wrong not to publish that they have now done so. That some posters on here choose to want to have a go at me for doing so is a matter for them.

Welsh Dragon wrote:
Somerton son wrote:
So you're saying Don Trump hates the club ? Do you really believe that ?

I have seen nothing from you that makes me think you love our club. I have seen a few comments that make me think you like the board.

Yes I do , in general I tend to like and respect all club volunteers.

It's a pity others didn't.

Somerton son wrote:
I don't think anyone on here " hates the club " we're all fans at the end of the day.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:Stan, unfortunately I can't think of a time that wouldn't be inconvenient for those living away from Newport. Perhaps a start later than 7pm, but in another thread there were complaints about a meeting being brought to a premature end. Incidentally, I didn't see that as anything other than the time booked at the Riverfront being exhausted. So a 7pm start may allow for fuller discussion of important matters. I'd like to think if you arrive a little later you would still be admitted.
A Saturday starting at about 11-am would be better, but I hardly think saying 'one little niggle' or 'not ideal' could be read as an indictment. Moving on, it is really unfortunate that having written on here that the club had not replied to my email it would be wrong not to publish that they have now done so. That some posters on here choose to want to have a go at me for doing so is a matter for them.
I think you're being a bit sensitive in thinking my post was 'having a go' at you.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I think you're being a bit sensitive in thinking my post was 'having a go' at you.
Not at all. I should have made clear that I was being critical of those criticizing me for posting that the board had responded to my email.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I am delighted to report that the club have finally responded to my last email. I am delighted also that the Trust have called an open meeting. I need to see my accountant in London so will make best endeavors to make Thursday 27 July. One perhaps niggle is that for those of us who don't live in Newport 7-00 pm on a Thursday is not ideal, but I am over the moon that the club are engaging with supporters. It would be churlish not to acknowledge this and more importantly wipe the slate clean. I am sure there is much we would all change about the last few years if we were able. We can't alter the past we can control the future.

My view is next season will be a very tough one. That said if as a club we start pulling together, it might just be the start of better times. With that in mind I shall over the weekend write to the club again with the questions I would like answered. Not to put blame on what has happened in the past but rather to see how we can avoid the very real rift, evident on here, that opened up between the club and the supporters. The only thing I have in common with GSB or Mayfly has in common with Corky is that we all want Newport County to be as successful as possible.

It's a start.
What did the response say?

Excess it was me.
The Riverside was so busy with bookings after us that Mr Dando had to call time.
Please get real he stopped the meeting because it was getting a bit heated for the few board members on the top table.
Time is spot on but would suggest advising the Riverside it may go on a lot longer this time.
Lets hope its a good attendance and any concerns are raised and discussed.
Sure I will be happy to ask a few questions if need be.

I didn't suggest that the Riverfront having a later booking meant that the meeting had to be halted. However, if the club had booked the venue from, say 7:30 till 9:30 (can't remember the actual times) then they can't just continue beyond that time because business isn't finished. That's just common sense, not a conspiracy.

Edit: The meeting on July 27th has been announced as 'likely to be in the Bisley Suite'. Whatever you do, Harps, don't go to the Riverside. It certainly won't be there! :grin:

excessbee wrote:I didn't suggest that the Riverfront having a later booking meant that the meeting had to be halted. However, if the club had booked the venue from, say 7:30 till 9:30 (can't remember the actual times) then they can't just continue beyond that time because business isn't finished. That's just common sense, not a conspiracy.

Edit: The meeting on July 27th has been announced as 'likely to be in the Bisley Suite'. Whatever you do, Harps, don't go to the Riverside. It certainly won't be there! :grin:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.

Percy plunkett wrote:If you can't make the meeting you can send questions in advance.I'm sure someone on here will send updates.Will the businessmen interested in taking over turn up or are they make believe.
Make believe? Why don't you do what Stan did & email the board? I'm pretty sure they'll be truthful in their response, ie that a few meetings may have already taken place etc.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I am delighted to report that the club have finally responded to my last email. I am delighted also that the Trust have called an open meeting. I need to see my accountant in London so will make best endeavors to make Thursday 27 July. One perhaps niggle is that for those of us who don't live in Newport 7-00 pm on a Thursday is not ideal, but I am over the moon that the club are engaging with supporters. It would be churlish not to acknowledge this and more importantly wipe the slate clean. I am sure there is much we would all change about the last few years if we were able. We can't alter the past we can control the future.

My view is next season will be a very tough one. That said if as a club we start pulling together, it might just be the start of better times. With that in mind I shall over the weekend write to the club again with the questions I would like answered. Not to put blame on what has happened in the past but rather to see how we can avoid the very real rift, evident on here, that opened up between the club and the supporters. The only thing I have in common with GSB or Mayfly has in common with Corky is that we all want Newport County to be as successful as possible.

It's a start.
It's good news that they have answered you and in a broader sense communication seems to be improving. However it seems like bloody favouritism to me :grin: I emailed the Board two weeks ago asking for clarification about our Co-Chairman telling another Director on this forum that he talks too much. I pointed out that it didn't put the club in a good light either.

As a point of interest - when did you e-mail them? As you seem to be successful in your pursuit I may have to ask you to forward my e-mail for me :grin: Stan A Einstein, Newpôrt County Director of Communications. Has a nice ring to it don't you think? (For those with a serious disposition - said with tongue firmly in cheek).

guest101 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:If you can't make the meeting you can send questions in advance.I'm sure someone on here will send updates.Will the businessmen interested in taking over turn up or are they make believe.

I hope they do. as for insinuating it's make believe. I was approached by a county fan that i've known for 20 years and bleeds amber. He was a very successful businessman with offices in London New York Sidney and Singapore until he sold up last August. I met him in the lamb for a few beers and was blown away with what he had on offer as like i said i know he bleeds amber. I then contacted a board member to get them together. PP. all 100% true. there are business people out there that will help. more importantly they are business people that were county fans first who have become successful.

ask yourself this like when the board met Dean Holdworth why aren't us owners being informed
?

Somerton Son. you know the truth. so let's start dealing with 2017. rather than you trying to point score against previous boards. As the owners deserve to at least be kept in the loop

Rob Sant.
Was the meeting with DH before and/or after the trust took control?