Total votes: 6 (6%)
Total votes: 6 (6%)
Total votes: 2 (2%)
Total votes: 4 (4%)
Total votes: 3 (3%)
Total votes: 103

Re: The Annual where will we finish poll

butlinsamber wrote:
Would hate to be stuck in a lift with Neil. Just negativity all the time.

Just one little point. Back in the 60's, 70's and much of the 80's Newport County would just have had two consecutive seasons which would have ended in re-election. Can you imagine how infuriating those of us who believe County can be successful find this unwarranted good humour? World War 2 was won by those who realized Dunkirk was a bloody disaster, not by those who believed that it was a great victory.
I want County to succeed, I know Neil does. I trust that Michael Flynn realizes that last season was only the start of a long and very difficult battle, not the end of it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
butlinsamber wrote:
Would hate to be stuck in a lift with Neil. Just negativity all the time.

Just one little point. Back in the 60's, 70's and much of the 80's Newport County would just have had two consecutive seasons which would have ended in re-election. Can you imagine how infuriating those of us who believe County can be successful find this unwarranted good humour? World War 2 was won by those who realized Dunkirk was a bloody disaster, not by those who believed that it was a great victory.
I want County to succeed, I know Neil does. I trust that Michael Flynn realizes that last season was only the start of a long and very difficult battle, not the end of it.

Damm it I dropped my phone and broke it. I had samaritans on speed dial as well :roll: Anyone know the number :wink: :lol:

Tbh, I'll take anything from 1st-22nd. But I've gone for 17th. And a good cup run hopefully.

Reckon we've a better squad than we started with last season. A better manager and a better coaching team. The teams around us have either strengthened similarly to us, or gotten worse. An improved surface at both Rodney Parade and Spytty will make a huge change in how we set up and play this season.

Not worried about this that or the other. For me start of a new season and very excited - we are still playing in the ELF.
I polled us 20th because we will be playing on a totally different pitch to last year (thank goodness) and it is an unknown as to how quickly the players will adapt and gain any home advantage. Also our squad is small; one or two key injuries is likely to knock us back more so than those clubs who can replace with similar quality.
Looking for a similar team spirit as at end of last season to keep out of the relegation places. Now go and rip up the rule book and blitz the league with 100 points, fortress RP; bumper crowds; a cup run and the sale of two players for over £1M for each one. The talk this time next year to be 'is it closer to 2 or 3 million in the coffers'; 'how much should be spent on being competive against putting aside to buy RP'.

I have gone for 5th place. Quite optimistic I know. My reasons are the defence are organised and with our 2 centre backs O'Brien and Demetriou you have two centre backs who compliment each other so well O'Brien the bruiser and warrior and Demetriou more of a footballer and very composed under pressure.
With Dolan I think we have strengthened the midfield area and upfront and on the wings County have much more pace that can terrify defences. Goals are my slight concern but I have a gut feeling one of the strikers will get close to the 15 goals tally.
5th and in The Play Offs here's hoping.