Re: News regarding ex County players

Bush wrote:
reebok0165 wrote:Just realised that two of our players from last season are now with Colchester. Apart from Nouble, Collins is with them, loaned from Wolves.
also Ryan Jackson there as well. Pretty sure all are with the elite management agency.
We seem to sign a lot of players from Elite Management Agency.

I wonder who they'll offer us this year?

Baladabadi wrote:
Bush wrote:
reebok0165 wrote:Just realised that two of our players from last season are now with Colchester. Apart from Nouble, Collins is with them, loaned from Wolves.
also Ryan Jackson there as well. Pretty sure all are with the elite management agency.
We seem to sign a lot of players from Elite Management Agency.

I wonder who they'll offer us this year?
How many have we signed since Flynn has been manager?

Bush wrote:Nouble, collins, amond, Reynolds, osadebe, cole. Also a lot of our kids with them TOE, foulston, collins plus I believe dan butler is with them as well.

The list of ex players and loans is extensive mind.
Nouble is with VIP sports management and the kids just probably sought advice off Lee Evans and Regan Poole etc. I personally do not have a problem with Amond or his agent

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Bush wrote:Nouble, collins, amond, Reynolds, osadebe, cole. Also a lot of our kids with them TOE, foulston, collins plus I believe dan butler is with them as well.

the kids just probably sought advice off Lee Evans and Regan Poole etc. I personally do not have a problem with Amond or his agent
Come off it. You can make a case that if the Agency is good enough for the manager then it is good enough for the most junior employees. I have my doubts but you can make that argument. But the idea that 'the kids' sought advice from players who have long since left the club is utterly beyond belief.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

the kids just probably sought advice off Lee Evans and Regan Poole etc. I personally do not have a problem with Amond or his agent
Come off it. You can make a case that if the Agency is good enough for the manager then it is good enough for the most junior employees. I have my doubts but you can make that argument. But the idea that 'the kids' sought advice from players who have long since left the club is utterly beyond belief.

South Wales Argus 2nd September 2015

'REGAN Poole’s move to Manchester United should act as an inspiration for his fellow teen stars at Newport County AFC, says manager Terry Butcher.

Hours after 17-year-old Poole sealed a dream move to Old Trafford his good friends Kieran Parselle, Tom Owen-Evans and Aaron Collins were starring for County against Swindon Town in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.

Collins scored to take the tie to a penalty shootout but then missed the crucial spot kick as Swindon progressed.

But Butcher was delighted with the trio and has told them they can follow in Poole’s footsteps if they shine for the exiles.

Do you think it is quite possible that Tom & Aaron said , ' Regan, who is that agent that looked after you and secured your dream move to Manchester United, do you think we could speak to him?'

In most Walks of life , Customer referrals are one of the most powerful selling and marketing tools available. In fact, the best source of new business is a referral from a satisfied customer according to research. I personally do not think it is utterly beyond belief , but you are entitled to your opinion as am I, we can let others read and decide whether my theory is plausible.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

Nouble is with VIP sports management and the kids just probably sought advice off Lee Evans and Regan Poole etc. I personally do not have a problem with Amond or his agent
Read about big Sam and ravel Morrison at West Ham to see why everyone should have a problem about this.

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

Read about big Sam and ravel Morrison at West Ham to see why everyone should have a problem about this.

I do not get your point. Are you inferring that Big Sam was responsible for Morrisons demise as a player, or implying that Flynn is forcing a preferable agent on our youngsters?

Ravel Morrison has publically said his career at West Ham Stalled when Big Sam kept asking him to join his son's agency but he refused. Not saying our own manager would do that but why put ourselves in that position by continually using this firm.

People questioned the loan signings of Collins and Osadebe last season. What we don't know is whether two other players who could have made an impact with us were not chosen because of who represented them.

The Reynolds deal highlights this awkward arrangement. Not only was he not good enough for him but he then moves to a manager of another Elite Management client who was at a club that Reynolds should never have joined.

Alan Bryant will try and brush this off and say this is me having a go at the board when infact I have been vocal since a previous board brought Nathan blake into the club. I feel strongly that we shouldn't be bringing an agency too close to the club. Having potentially 8 of their clients on our book at one time is way too much and gives them a greater influence on this club than possibly even our board realise.

I want to see the best players we can possibly afford at Newport County. I don't want to be a club where a football agency can drop off clients they cant get a club for.

Bush wrote:Ravel Morrison has publically said his career at West Ham Stalled when Big Sam kept asking him to join his son's agency but he refused. Not saying our own manager would do that but why put ourselves in that position by continually using this firm.

People questioned the loan signings of Collins and Osadebe last season. What we don't know is whether two other players who could have made an impact with us were not chosen because of who represented them.

The Reynolds deal highlights this awkward arrangement. Not only was he not good enough for him but he then moves to a manager of another Elite Management client who was at a club that Reynolds should never have joined.

Alan Bryant will try and brush this off and say this is me having a go at the board when infact I have been vocal since a previous board brought Nathan blake into the club. I feel strongly that we shouldn't be bringing an agency too close to the club. Having potentially 8 of their clients on our book at one time is way too much and gives them a greater influence on this club than possibly even our board realise.

I want to see the best players we can possibly afford at Newport County. I don't want to be a club where a football agency can drop off clients they cant get a club for.
Well said.