Re: News regarding ex County players

G Guest wrote:My inclination is not to want him back. Because he is too inconsistent, lets in goals he should keep out, can't save penalties and his distribution is terible. The occasional moment of brilliance is not enough to make up for his faults. I am happy with the two keepers we have now.
I agree, happy with both Townsend and King, and the quality of GK coaching at County is obviously good. There can’t be many clubs at our level with 2 equally good keepers vying for the shirt, both are capable of the odd mistake but tell me a GK who doesn’t?

But I do hope Day gets a move to a decent club, as I don’t feel he has been given much of a chance at Cardiff.

Re: News regarding ex County players

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
G Guest wrote:My inclination is not to want him back. Because he is too inconsistent, lets in goals he should keep out, can't save penalties and his distribution is terible. The occasional moment of brilliance is not enough to make up for his faults. I am happy with the two keepers we have now.
I agree, happy with both Townsend and King, and the quality of GK coaching at County is obviously good. There can’t be many clubs at our level with 2 equally good keepers vying for the shirt, both are capable of the odd mistake but tell me a GK who doesn’t?

But I do hope Day gets a move to a decent club, as I don’t feel he has been given much of a chance at Cardiff.
I don't think it was ever the plan for him to be anymore than a back-up. Decent ability for a back-up, free transfer, wouldn't have to move, would accept lower wages compared similar players at Championship level (although a payrise for him). Ticked all the boxes really.