News regarding ex County players

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: News regarding ex County players

Postby Percy plunkett » July 27th, 2018, 11:21 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
reebok0165 wrote:Winger Medy Elito has agreed a two year deal with Barnet.

Must have one hell of an agent.....Poor for us and Cambridge then gets a two year deal :shock: :shock:

I wouldn't say he was poor,frustrating more like.Plenty of ability but happy just to pass sideways and back without really using his awareness to hurt teams.Smiler Sheridan summed him up by saying he should be playing La Liga.When he felt like it,he would glide across the beach and play some intelligent balls.The trouble was,he didn't want to that often.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » July 27th, 2018, 11:35 pm

Loved watching him play whilst at the same time totally frustrated by his giving the ball away by trying one trick too many. Some fans were too quick to jump on his back at his first misplaced pass. If you gave me a choice between Elito and Dolan, it would be Elito every time.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » July 27th, 2018, 11:35 pm

No I will stick to my statement of him being poor ....Granted he has bags of ability but he is getting paid to do a job as a professional and failed to do the job to the best of his ability on many occasions so IMO it makes him a poor signing..How he got a two year deal after two years of underachieving is a shock
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » July 27th, 2018, 11:45 pm

You could say that about a couple that we have just signed.You certainly could say the same about big Frank.Now there is a guy who has had a career of underachieving.
no avatar
User

Ugo.

Postby Ugo. » July 31st, 2018, 7:17 pm

Janoi Donacien signs for Ipswich from Accrington

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45025334
User

Bush

Postby Bush » August 1st, 2018, 10:43 am

Ugo. wrote:Janoi Donacien signs for Ipswich from Accrington

Thought he would be more likely playing in the farmers league than championship after his loan with us! What a turnaround he has had.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » August 1st, 2018, 1:12 pm

Bush wrote:

Thought he would be more likely playing in the farmers league than championship after his loan with us! What a turnaround he has had.

???? I rated the boy and would have loved us to sign him...He was playing in a bad side when he played for us.

I would have thought Ipswich would have gone for someone like James Collins , who is without a club
User

Bush

Postby Bush » August 1st, 2018, 1:51 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
Bush wrote:

???? I rated the boy and would have loved us to sign him...He was playing in a bad side when he played for us.

I would have thought Ipswich would have gone for someone like James Collins , who is without a club

Did you think there was a championship defender in him?
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » August 1st, 2018, 2:40 pm

League One at best
User

NineteenEightyNine

Newport

Postby NineteenEightyNine » August 1st, 2018, 3:28 pm

Bush wrote:

Interestingly I remember a game against D&R at home where he got absolutely murdered by Christian Doidge, who I definitely think is a Championship player (maybe even Welsh international) in waiting.

One of the biggest mistakes Edinburgh (and subsequently this club) even made letting him slip through our fingers.
User

Bush

Postby Bush » August 1st, 2018, 4:16 pm

NineteenEightyNine wrote:
Bush wrote:

Interestingly I remember a game against D&R at home where he got absolutely murdered by Christian Doidge, who I definitely think is a Championship player (maybe even Welsh international) in waiting.

One of the biggest mistakes Edinburgh (and subsequently this club) even made letting him slip through our fingers.

Unfortunately he was with the wrong agent when he came on trial.
no avatar
User

NearlyDead

Postby NearlyDead » August 1st, 2018, 4:57 pm

Wasn't it more the case that we had sufficient strikers already signed up?

Can't recall now who was on the books at the time to be honest. When was he here: 2014 or 2015?

Would have been people like O'Connor, Zebroski, Howe, Jeffers, ... I suppose.

But I thought the budget wouldn't stretch to another striker (and possibly Edinburgh not liking Aizlewood).

Anyway, when he left us after the trial he was still raw, and didn't do much with Dagenham & Redbridge, if memory serves, in his first season. But he's done well for himself since.
User

Bush

Postby Bush » August 1st, 2018, 5:15 pm

NearlyDead wrote:Wasn't it more the case that we had sufficient strikers already signed up?

Can't recall now who was on the books at the time to be honest. When was he here: 2014 or 2015?

Would have been people like O'Connor, Zebroski, Howe, Jeffers, ... I suppose.

But I thought the budget wouldn't stretch to another striker (and possibly Edinburgh not liking Aizlewood).

Anyway, when he left us after the trial he was still raw, and didn't do much with Dagenham & Redbridge, if memory serves, in his first season. But he's done well for himself since.

Wasn’t even acknowledged by the manager while he was on trial. Shame considering the lad comes to watch the county when he gets a chance.
no avatar
User

NearlyDead

Postby NearlyDead » August 1st, 2018, 5:25 pm

Aye. Must be a tough life being a footballer hawking yourself around from club to club during the "trials season".
User

reebok0165

Newport

Postby reebok0165 » August 1st, 2018, 7:23 pm

Veteran Striker Danny Crow has today joined Eastern Counties Premier Division side Norwich United FC
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/planters-s ... -1-5633073

Crow wasn't everyone's favourite with County though he played a part in getting County back into the FL and was subbed by O'Connor during the second half of the playoff final v Wrexham. Since leaving County, he's had spells with Lowestoft Town, AFC Sudbury and Mildenhall Town.

My biggest memory of Crow in a County shirt was the two goals he scored in the memorable 3-1 League Cup victory at Brighton & HA https://www.youtube.com/embed/VMJm3SMxCyw though the game was also remembered by a bad leg injury to Byron Anthony which ended his playing career.
PreviousNext