To even it up.

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

phil_in_npton

Re: To even it up.

Postby phil_in_npton » September 12th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Good Evening!

Rochdale away midweek..such an anti climax..failing to clinch promotion..made worse by not being able to get to Walsall when we did achieve promotion..i ended up at Northampton v Portsmouth, cheering Cobblers to beat Pompey to see County promoted..they lost...but it didnt matter anyway!

I called in to my Uncles house near the County Ground to see the final scores, and we had beaten Walsall!

I cried all the way home!

Phil in Npton
no avatar
User

Athletico Lovells

Postby Athletico Lovells » September 12th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Bolton away at the old Burnden Park.

We lost 6 -0'and if we hadn't had Paul Bradshaw in goal for us , we could have conceded 14 or 15.

There was about 35 of us in the big away end next to an Asda.
no avatar
User

Devonian Exile

Postby Devonian Exile » September 14th, 2017, 10:17 pm

Mansfield 2011, a bitch of a drive to see your side lose 5 nil. Hudson wasn't very good really. Also hated that last county game before they went bust, losing 6-5 to Kidderminster. It felt like God was really taking the piss by then.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Postby faerun exile » September 14th, 2017, 10:26 pm

6 nil hammering at Stafford Rangers in the mid 90s. Was a definite what the f@ck am I doing with my life moment.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » September 14th, 2017, 10:45 pm

faerun exile wrote:6 nil hammering at Stafford Rangers in the mid 90s. Was a definite what the f@ck am I doing with my life moment.

It wasn't that bad faerun,we scored,it was only 6-1.
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Postby Corpaboy » September 14th, 2017, 10:50 pm

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Evening!

Rochdale away midweek..such an anti climax..failing to clinch promotion..made worse by not being able to get to Walsall when we did achieve promotion..i ended up at Northampton v Portsmouth, cheering Cobblers to beat Pompey to see County promoted..they lost...but it didnt matter anyway!

I called in to my Uncles house near the County Ground to see the final scores, and we had beaten Walsall!

I cried all the way home!

Phil in Npton

That Rochdale game was a shocker !! Fair play
Will never forget being able to switch ends at half time !!!! About 2,000 County boys being able to wander about where we wanted to .

Didn't we only need a draw to go up and ended up losing 2-0 ??
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Postby faerun exile » September 14th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:
faerun exile wrote:6 nil hammering at Stafford Rangers in the mid 90s. Was a definite what the f@ck am I doing with my life moment.

It wasn't that bad faerun,we scored,it was only 6-1.

Blimey was it ? Remember it as 6 - 0. Regardless, a shite day out. One of many.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » September 15th, 2017, 7:25 pm

A Dai Webley goal in 6-1 defeat to a side who got relegated.We were in a winless run of 9 games including 6 defeats at the time.Not sure when this mb started,but can imagine what would have been said about that.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » September 15th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Devonian Exile wrote:Mansfield 2011, a bitch of a drive to see your side lose 5 nil. Hudson wasn't very good really. Also hated that last county game before they went bust, losing 6-5 to Kidderminster. It felt like God was really taking the piss by then.

Many of the games under Hudson were difficult to watch
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » September 16th, 2017, 9:01 am

Watched a crap game against (Carlisle I think) just after New Year a few years ago. It was freezing cold and miserable. My brother in law hasn't been over RP since. Don't even remember what the result was. For me, that was the start of our recent (changed now) demise.
User

AmberCelt

Somerton

Postby AmberCelt » September 16th, 2017, 10:24 am

pembsexile wrote:Watched a crap game against (Carlisle I think) just after New Year a few years ago. It was freezing cold and miserable. My brother in law hasn't been over RP since. Don't even remember what the result was. For me, that was the start of our recent (changed now) demise.

Didn't we win that 2-1?
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » September 16th, 2017, 10:32 am

We must have won because until the away game last season we had beaten them every time (five?) since returning to the league.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » September 16th, 2017, 11:55 am

AmberCelt wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Watched a crap game against (Carlisle I think) just after New Year a few years ago. It was freezing cold and miserable. My brother in law hasn't been over RP since. Don't even remember what the result was. For me, that was the start of our recent (changed now) demise.

Didn't we win that 2-1?

You may well be right - I can't remember the footy! Just remember freezing my n*** off. Quite sad that remembering how cold you were takes priority over the football. I am getting old.
User

Bonson&Hunt

Chepstow, East Monmouthshire

Postby Bonson&Hunt » September 16th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Wimbledon at Plough Lane 0-6! Mark Kendall in goal kept us in it! Crowd 2,000 and they ran out of programmes!

Wimbledon v Newport County, 03 September 1983
Score 6-0 to Wimbledon
Competition League Division Three
Attendance 2,007
User

Lost in Willesden

Postby Lost in Willesden » September 16th, 2017, 7:59 pm

Ton Pentre ....Welsh Cup 1979, great team but we'ern't interested . We pitch invaded and wanted to punch our bete de noir a midfielder Bailey I think we sold to Lincoln. Should have won it 2 years in a row,back then.
Previous