To even it up.

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

To even it up.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 11th, 2017, 4:06 pm

Worst County game ever?

For me August 1978 v Aldershot at Somerton. Lost 2-1. Would be interested to know if you were at that game, have you ever seen anything so awful before or since?
no avatar
User

chris p

Re: To even it up.

Postby chris p » September 11th, 2017, 4:08 pm

7 - 1 loss at home to Hayes and yeading I even stayed till the end I think it was 7
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » September 11th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Every game under Westly last season , dire anti football
no avatar
User

Somerton son

Postby Somerton son » September 11th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Crawley under Butcher was pretty awful
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 11th, 2017, 4:37 pm

I'm sure you are all correct and all of us, and in fairness supporters of just about every other club, will have seen some awful dross down the years. However I would love to know if anyone else recalls that Aldershot game.
User

papajohn

51DegN, 2DegW,

Postby papajohn » September 11th, 2017, 4:45 pm

Don't go back as far as some on here, but I still can't understand how we lost to Yate
no avatar
User

mike wilks

Bishop's Cleeve

Postby mike wilks » September 11th, 2017, 4:53 pm

I was almost certainly at that game, but can't recall it ? I can however remember playing Aldershot at home under Jimmy Scoular which turned out to be a belated first (home) victory but 2-0 in our favour, and can recall Brian Clark scoring possibly both goals (in our Light Blue/White striped shirts) , but that was probably the season before ? (Brain cells diminishing) :?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » September 11th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Yate in the FA Cup replay & getting stuffed 0-4 at home to a bunch of kids from Leyton Orient are the two that jump straight to my mind.
no avatar
User

County19081967

Postby County19081967 » September 11th, 2017, 5:22 pm

How to pick out a low from the many many lows we have endured? However, an obscure game sticks out for me. A Tuesday night in 1978 playing Bangor in Welsh Cup. A filthy, dreary, wet and windy night and we played appallingly badly to lose 3-0 or something like that. To compound my woes, when I got to my car after the match a policewomen was giving me a parking ticket for parking the wrong way round on Cromwell Road. My one and only traffic offence. Happy days!!
no avatar
User

County19081967

Postby County19081967 » September 11th, 2017, 5:23 pm

How to pick out a low from the many many lows we have endured? However, an obscure game sticks out for me. A Tuesday night in 1978 playing Bangor in Welsh Cup. A filthy, dreary, wet and windy night and we played appallingly badly to lose 3-0 or something like that. To compound my woes, when I got to my car after the match a policewomen was giving me a parking ticket for parking the wrong way round on Cromwell Road. My one and only traffic offence. Happy days!!
no avatar
User

BertieB

Postby BertieB » September 11th, 2017, 6:04 pm

I think losing 0-5 to Forest Green at Rodney Parade one New Years Day a year or so ago , was pretty poor what ever year that was
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » September 11th, 2017, 6:18 pm

chris p wrote:7 - 1 loss at home to Hayes and yeading I even stayed till the end I think it was 7

Can't remember it.Was it Barnet 7-1 you're thinking of in the season that never was.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » September 11th, 2017, 6:24 pm

Haverfordwest at Somerton 2-4,Barnsley 3-4 which was Brian Harris's last game.Ryland on loan from Liverpool ducked out of a header which allowed their guy to run through and score.Who can forget County's last ever game,Kidderminster 5-6.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » September 11th, 2017, 6:46 pm

April '73,we are drawing 0-0 with Darlington in a dire game at Somerton.85 mins Summerhayes is put clean through with only the keeper to beat.What should he do,blast it,pick his spot,dink it over the keeper or round him and walk it into the empty net.Does anyone remember what he did?
User

Trev

Postby Trev » September 11th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Paulton Rovers aaargh
brentford 6 nil i think another
fgr and crawley good shouts and whenever we lost to cardiff 82 83 when we blew promotion or as some say chucked it
Next