Shop closed

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Re: Shop closed

Postby Exile 1976 » September 12th, 2017, 8:40 am

So the shop was closed on a day it was supposed to be closed? Madness.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » September 12th, 2017, 8:43 am

chepstowamber wrote:Maybe these hours should be made a 'stickie' on this message board.
Chris

No
User

Skate Exile

Portsmouth

Postby Skate Exile » September 12th, 2017, 9:23 am

Our entire ticket office and club shop opening hours are not even Conference South. I keep reading how professional we are and then see a thread like this.

My brother has two children in the academy and they still have not received the kit they paid £250 for in June. He tells me that nearly every parent with a kid in certain age groups are in the same boat.

I see loads of kids in suits running around on match days and I despair. At least the football is the best it has been for a very long time.
no avatar
User

Mike Kear

Postby Mike Kear » September 12th, 2017, 9:54 am

Exile 1976 wrote:So the shop was closed on a day it was supposed to be closed? Madness.

Would you not think it would make sense to have the ticket office open the day before a home match?
To add to that people purchasing tickets and like I said previously the chap who wanted hospitality for tonight could also maybe spend in the shop at the same time.
It really makes sense to myself.
I am working today so will join the queue tonight which I was trying to avoid
PS I have no printer before you say go online.
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » September 12th, 2017, 10:16 am

Never understood why County, the Dragons and Newport RFC don't club together to have one joint shop and ticket office in the city centre and pool their staff/volunteers to make it work. In fact, I think the three clubs should be looking to see what other back office functions (HR, accounts etc) can be shared to save money.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » September 12th, 2017, 11:31 am

Mike Kear wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:So the shop was closed on a day it was supposed to be closed? Madness.

Would you not think it would make sense to have the ticket office open the day before a home match?
To add to that people purchasing tickets and like I said previously the chap who wanted hospitality for tonight could also maybe spend in the shop at the same time.
It really makes sense to myself.
I am working today so will join the queue tonight which I was trying to avoid
PS I have no printer before you say go online.

Whether or not it makes sense to you or I is irrelevant. The fact is the shop was shut as per their hours of operation (if that is indeed their operational hours)

P.S. You don't need a printer, you can order to pick up inside the shop/ticket office.
no avatar
User

South London Exile

SE19

Postby South London Exile » September 12th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Never understood why County, the Dragons and Newport RFC don't club together to have one joint shop and ticket office in the city centre and pool their staff/volunteers to make it work. In fact, I think the three clubs should be looking to see what other back office functions (HR, accounts etc) can be shared to save money.

That would mean the three of them working together, which seems to be beyond their capability.
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » September 12th, 2017, 2:17 pm

chepstowamber wrote:According to the club website the ticket office opening hours are:
Thursday 10am-7pm
Friday 10am-7pm
Match days 10am- kick off

Chris

Where is that visible on the website? It doesn't appear under " tickets " or "shop".
User

OutOnLoan

Postby OutOnLoan » September 12th, 2017, 3:35 pm

On county website under tickets, tickets and at bottom of page are the ticket office and club shop opening hours.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Postby Willthiswork » September 12th, 2017, 3:45 pm

If you have time you can volunteer to help out - they are looking for new staff.
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Postby faerun exile » September 12th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Taken from the Cheltnum forum on the subject of trying to get tickets for tonight's game through their club ticket office .... seems they have some probs too.

"I will be paying on the gate can't see many more than a couple of hundred going tbh given the poor start and it being an evening game. As for the club I emailed the club the same question as the opening poster last week and got no response after being told to email them. For a football league club in this day an age answering emails shouldn't be asking too much no wonder people don't bother attending. Newport were the opposite and replied straight away like any well run club should ...."
no avatar
User

Mike Kear

Postby Mike Kear » September 12th, 2017, 5:01 pm

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:
Mike Kear wrote:
lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:The shop is open until 3pm , what time did the person arrive/phone to get tickets?

I called in at 10.45 all the shutters were down. Thought maybe I was a bit early so came back at 1.00 and everything was shut still.
Shutters down.
Not good and nothing to say why or when it would be open.

In that case, that's absolutely awful. Have a word with the CEO - heads should roll.

Have done what you suggested and have had 2 replies from Alex Tunbridge.
Firstly he is arranging to put a sign outside the shop giving details of opening hours visible in all weather and regardless of shutters being down.
Shop opening is being tracked on a weekly basis taking supporter feedback.
As its the first midweek match he will see how things progress on going.
Very impressed with his lengthy reply to myself.
Think we have a quality chap in place.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » September 12th, 2017, 5:45 pm

It's a Disgrace Big Time !!!
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » September 12th, 2017, 5:54 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:It's a Disgrace Big Time !!!

#shambles
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » September 13th, 2017, 6:31 pm

To Mike Kear, that's good to hear and agrees with my assessment of the guy, let's hope he gets all the help he needs to transform the way this club is run. The display of opening hours is a no-brainer and shouldn't have required his intervention imho, the shop manager should have thought of it.
PreviousNext