You look after your supporters, I dont think !!!

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

BertieB

You look after your supporters, I dont think !!!

Postby BertieB » September 12th, 2017, 6:00 pm

I have bought season tickets for most of the games since we have been at Rodney Parade, I bought shares and set up a monthly tenner donations, I have occupied a seat in Row G, Block D of the Bisley and during the close seasonI have always made sure my car was "booked" in for parking in tthe ground including THIS season when I bought my season ticket, The WRU bought the ground, when I arrived for the first game I was told that my car was NOT booked in and that I could park inside for that game but then to speak to the club official in the shop (a female) who gave me a written notice that I woould not be allowed any parking in Rodney Parade OR IN MAINDEE ?? as I was not considered disabled enough for the privilege. I will be 79 in 3 or 4 weeks and I have collapsed bones in my right foot which are inopperable (hospital comments, not my own) Apparently there are only a small number f cars allowed into the ground and some of those must be for away fans. I had a quick check on Saturday and there was at least a dozen spaces even with a 3700 crowd--- I have also come to realize that if the squad could pass the ball as good as the officiials "pass the buck" they would be top of the league in no time. --I dont want a lift I have my own transport--but if the County want support they need to face up to their landlords, its not as if they have sellout gates every match .................................... Many Thanks !!!....................Bob Bassett
User

County Exile

Rank

Forum Patron!

Frome, Somerset

Re: You look after your supporters, I dont think !!!

Postby County Exile » September 12th, 2017, 6:54 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44648&p=516599#p516599

Do you have 2 season tickets Bob - one in block C and one in Block D?
User

southernfan

Happyville, one day soon relocating to Clappyville (hopefully this season)

Postby southernfan » September 12th, 2017, 7:43 pm

BertieB wrote:I have bought season tickets for most of the games since we have been at Rodney Parade, I bought shares and set up a monthly tenner donations, I have occupied a seat in Row G, Block D of the Bisley and during the close seasonI have always made sure my car was "booked" in for parking in tthe ground including THIS season when I bought my season ticket, The WRU bought the ground, when I arrived for the first game I was told that my car was NOT booked in and that I could park inside for that game but then to speak to the club official in the shop (a female) who gave me a written notice that I woould not be allowed any parking in Rodney Parade OR IN MAINDEE ?? as I was not considered disabled enough for the privilege. I will be 79 in 3 or 4 weeks and I have collapsed bones in my right foot which are inopperable (hospital comments, not my own) Apparently there are only a small number f cars allowed into the ground and some of those must be for away fans. I had a quick check on Saturday and there was at least a dozen spaces even with a 3700 crowd--- I have also come to realize that if the squad could pass the ball as good as the officiials "pass the buck" they would be top of the league in no time. --I dont want a lift I have my own transport--but if the County want support they need to face up to their landlords, its not as if they have sellout gates every match .................................... Many Thanks !!!....................Bob Bassett

I take it this is a copy of what you have sent to the club/Trust Bertie? That's surely the destination for this, any business has to have a complaints procedure, though I admit it will be interesting to see what NCAFC's standard procedure is?
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Postby Corpaboy » September 12th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Bertie ...... are you entitled to a Disabled Persons Blue Badge for parking ??
no avatar
User

BertieB

Postby BertieB » September 12th, 2017, 9:34 pm

Yes I have a Blue Badge, I've had one for over 5 years
no avatar
User

big baz

Rank

Forum Patron!

Newport,

Postby big baz » September 13th, 2017, 12:52 am

BertieB wrote:I have bought season tickets for most of the games since we have been at Rodney Parade, I bought shares and set up a monthly tenner donations, I have occupied a seat in Row G, Block D of the Bisley and during the close seasonI have always made sure my car was "booked" in for parking in tthe ground including THIS season when I bought my season ticket, The WRU bought the ground, when I arrived for the first game I was told that my car was NOT booked in and that I could park inside for that game but then to speak to the club official in the shop (a female) who gave me a written notice that I woould not be allowed any parking in Rodney Parade OR IN MAINDEE ?? as I was not considered disabled enough for the privilege. I will be 79 in 3 or 4 weeks and I have collapsed bones in my right foot which are inopperable (hospital comments, not my own) Apparently there are only a small number f cars allowed into the ground and some of those must be for away fans. I had a quick check on Saturday and there was at least a dozen spaces even with a 3700 crowd--- I have also come to realize that if the squad could pass the ball as good as the officiials "pass the buck" they would be top of the league in no time. --I dont want a lift I have my own transport--but if the County want support they need to face up to their landlords, its not as if they have sellout gates every match .................................... Many Thanks !!!....................Bob Bassett

Bob sorry but you cocked up. Fair warning was given on numerous platforms about the parking and the allocation. If the people who did apply in time and got the allocation didn't turn up then unfair as it is, it's up to them. They followed the rules. You are active on here so are fine using the internet and judging by previous posts are active on social media.
I'm assuming you are a passenger as collapsing bones in your foot that controls the accelerator and brake must inhibit driving. Surely your driver could drop you at the gate of your choice.
User

Lucky Mascot

Postby Lucky Mascot » September 13th, 2017, 7:17 am

WOW, sounds all a bit, you didnt follow the rules so you're not coming in jobsworthy to me.
Have you tried complaining politely to the supporters trust.
User

Bush

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby Bush » September 13th, 2017, 9:25 am

I'm struggling to see why anyone who isn't a player, management, staff or blue badge holder require a space anyway. I would have thought it wise to always keep back spaces in case of blue badge holders.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » September 13th, 2017, 9:30 am

And 'players' shouldn't include players' guests.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » September 13th, 2017, 9:31 am

And 'players' shouldn't include players' guests.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » September 13th, 2017, 9:35 am

For one thing, they could get a lot more cars in if they just had someone stewarding the parking on the gravel area between the marquee and the terrace and if debris was cleared from that area. Parking for disabled visitors should be a bigger priority than for stadium staff in terms of who parks where (this seems to be outside the club's control).
User

Trev

Postby Trev » September 13th, 2017, 9:39 am

good post there George
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 13th, 2017, 9:46 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:Parking for disabled visitors should be a bigger priority than for stadium staff in terms of who parks where (this seems to be outside the club's control).

Another cogent reason why we as a club need to examine how we develop a stadium where we make decisions and have control?
User

Bush

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby Bush » September 13th, 2017, 10:09 am

There should also be a cut off point for cars coming in. Saw a car nearly hit a fan again on Saturday.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » September 13th, 2017, 10:24 am

For permitted disabled parking it's an hour before KO which seems very fair. They also asked all drivers on Saturday to wait 15 minutes before leaving but I didn't notice that being enforced.
Next