You look after your supporters, I dont think !!!

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Re: You look after your supporters, I dont think !!!

Postby neilcork68 » September 13th, 2017, 10:57 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:For one thing, they could get a lot more cars in if they just had someone stewarding the parking on the gravel area between the marquee and the terrace and if debris was cleared from that area. Parking for disabled visitors should be a bigger priority than for stadium staff in terms of who parks where (this seems to be outside the club's control).

There was two stewards on the Gate of Maindee School last night stopping fans going in there to park because this season it has been deemed that only Disabled fans and players can park there.I also noticed some Cheltenham fans walking out of the gate when I passed by.( fans of other clubs but not ours ??????)
that I dont mind but when you see the usual 'hangers on' and the youth team lads being allowed parking in there it takes the pee as parking in and around the ground is hard for us 'normal fans'
User

Bush

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby Bush » September 13th, 2017, 11:24 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:For permitted disabled parking it's an hour before KO which seems very fair. They also asked all drivers on Saturday to wait 15 minutes before leaving but I didn't notice that being enforced.

The car I saw would have been between 2pm and 2.30.
no avatar
User

BertieB

Postby BertieB » September 13th, 2017, 3:33 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:For permitted disabled parking it's an hour before KO which seems very fair. They also asked all drivers on Saturday to wait 15 minutes before leaving but I didn't notice that being enforced.

I have ALWAYS adhered to at least one hour before Kick Off and 15 minutes after the end of the game, The man on the gate knows me and I have a Blue Badge but the woman at the first mattch in the shop told me I cant park at either of the parking places but never mind I hope they remember their actions when the gates drop below the 1500... and they will !!.. Disgusted !!
Bob Bassett
User

southernfan

Happyville, one day soon relocating to Clappyville (hopefully this season)

Postby southernfan » September 13th, 2017, 4:31 pm

BertieB wrote:

I have ALWAYS adhered to at least one hour before Kick Off and 15 minutes after the end of the game, The man on the gate knows me and I have a Blue Badge but the woman at the first mattch in the shop told me I cant park at either of the parking places but never mind I hope they remember their actions when the gates drop below the 1500... and they will !!.. Disgusted !!
Bob Bassett

Why not try to get it sorted with the club by contacting them, it beats an unofficial forum surely?
User

Catford Richard

South London

Postby Catford Richard » September 13th, 2017, 4:58 pm

At the risk of getting an earful with a LOAD of words in capital LETTERS, you mention that you 'booked' in your car in inverted comma's. So before you start slagging off all and sundry, I'm genuinely curious as to how you did or think you did this?

Surely if there's an issue with your 'booking' then you should take it up with the person you believe to have processed it shouldn't you? If that was the 'guy on the end of the phone when i renewed my season ticket' then you've got a clear route of appeal.

At the moment you're coming across like someone with potentially a genuine grievance (although there'l be plenty of people who feel that parking inside the ground needs strict controls for their safety) but who's becoming the sort of brat that goes running to the local paper to have their photo taken when their told to remove a trampoline from the communal gardens. Each post you make in this thread makes you sound more disagreeable by the minute and is hardly likely to get people onboard to assist you.

Why don't you calm down, ring the club and ask to discuss the matter? None of your posts suggest you've done this.
no avatar
User

BertieB

Postby BertieB » September 13th, 2017, 5:28 pm

THANK YOU CR, ----I have "come down out of the clouds" and after reading your post, I think that maybe you could be right so thats what I'll do, and hopefully I can persuade them to let me in again, Bob Bassett
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » September 13th, 2017, 5:35 pm

:alien: It's all a Conspiracy I blame the men in suites at the WRU
User

Catford Richard

South London

Postby Catford Richard » September 13th, 2017, 6:05 pm

BertieB wrote:THANK YOU CR, ----I have "come down out of the clouds" and after reading your post, I think that maybe you could be right so thats what I'll do, and hopefully I can persuade them to let me in again, Bob Bassett

It's always best to not post on football forums, text the ex mrs, or tell the captain of the 2nd eleven your true feelings whilst angry. Give them a ring tomorrow, explain that there's been a misunderstanding between you and somebody. I'll bet they'll sort you out a space somewhere.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » September 13th, 2017, 6:47 pm

Catford Richard wrote:At the risk of getting an earful with a LOAD of words in capital LETTERS, you mention that you 'booked' in your car in inverted comma's. So before you start slagging off all and sundry, I'm genuinely curious as to how you did or think you did this?

Before this season the arrangement was that season ticket holders with blue badges could ask for their names to be put on a list which would then be checked at the gate. I bought two STs in the expectation this would continue, applied under the new system and "got in". If I hadn't - and I'd have no gripe if there were more appropriate cases - I'd have wanted a refund, so I can see where Bob is coming from.
no avatar
User

Mike Kear

Postby Mike Kear » September 13th, 2017, 8:59 pm

One thing I noticed last night was a few idiots trying to drive out the gate within 5 minutes of the whistle.
Nobody seems to stop it until some poor sod gets his foot driven over.
User

southernfan

Happyville, one day soon relocating to Clappyville (hopefully this season)

Postby southernfan » September 13th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Catford Richard wrote:
BertieB wrote:THANK YOU CR, ----I have "come down out of the clouds" and after reading your post, I think that maybe you could be right so thats what I'll do, and hopefully I can persuade them to let me in again, Bob Bassett

It's always best to not post on football forums, text the ex mrs, or tell the captain of the 2nd eleven your true feelings whilst angry. Give them a ring tomorrow, explain that there's been a misunderstanding between you and somebody. I'll bet they'll sort you out a space somewhere.

Wow, peace breaks out on County forum :cheers:
User

Bush

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby Bush » September 13th, 2017, 10:41 pm

Mike Kear wrote:One thing I noticed last night was a few idiots trying to drive out the gate within 5 minutes of the whistle.
Nobody seems to stop it until some poor sod gets his foot driven over.

Agree. Either leave 5 mins before kick off or wait until 15 minutes after. Rodney parade need to look into this. Maybe stewards taking registrations down and if people keep doing it refuse them access to the ground.
Previous