Dolan

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

southernfan

Happyville, one day soon relocating to Clappyville (hopefully this season)

Re: Dolan

Postby southernfan » September 13th, 2017, 10:31 pm

NewportExile wrote: another reason why Labs is so crucial for us! Dolan seems to crumble without him

I think that's slightly putting the cart before the horse, in the early games it was Dolan's shear enthusiasm and constant talking (geeing up if you like), that inspired Ladabie from last years lazy player into what we have since witnessed.
User

Bush

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby Bush » September 13th, 2017, 10:35 pm

JamieDf wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:Shock, horror, player has an off day!!

Get over it ffs, name me a player that's not had a bad day at the office. Jeez

Mitch Rose :grin:

I'm struggling to remember rose ever having a good game for us! His second touch was a tackle.
User

Bush

Rank

Forum Patron!

Postby Bush » September 13th, 2017, 10:39 pm

Wasn't there last night so can't comment on how Dolan played but if he played like he did on Saturday then I felt he played like someone who wasn't sure of his role in the team. Id still play 3 in midfield. Have a sitter, a box to box player and someone who can pass the ball thru the eye of a needle.
no avatar
User

owlsabout

Postby owlsabout » September 14th, 2017, 6:23 am

Come on guys weather shocking 6 in the league. Agree 2 nd half Saturday and Tuesday night not at our best .can't just have ago at one player there were a few out there not firing on all fronts . 4 points in our back to back home games great return take that all day utc
User

Ado

Postby Ado » September 14th, 2017, 7:30 am

Calm down. We're allowed to discuss players performances - this is a discussion forum after all.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » September 14th, 2017, 8:40 am

Solid performance and 3pts from Morecambe ...that will tell us we've got the potential to be there or thereabouts come end of season
User

lowandhardandinthecorner

Rank

Forum Patron!

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhardandinthecorner » September 14th, 2017, 8:50 am

mad norm wrote:Solid performance and 3pts from Morecambe ...that will tell us we've got the potential to be there or thereabouts come end of season

.... or otherwise of course! Imho we'll have to play a hell of a lot better than the last two performances where I think we've been extremely lucky to get away with 4 points. Our midfield has been like a one way street for about 2 hours of the last 3. If we go on like that , a team that can finish is going to give us a right hammering.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 14th, 2017, 9:48 am

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:
mad norm wrote:Solid performance and 3pts from Morecambe ...that will tell us we've got the potential to be there or thereabouts come end of season

.... or otherwise of course! Imho we'll have to play a hell of a lot better than the last two performances where I think we've been extremely lucky to get away with 4 points. Our midfield has been like a one way street for about 2 hours of the last 3. If we go on like that , a team that can finish is going to give us a right hammering.

Football though is about getting results. For the last two seasons I have read on here during August and September that County are playing really well and are being unlucky. Given time Butcher/Feeney would start shooting us up the League.

I was once told that you should enjoy the football until Christmas and then have a look to see where you are. Not being able to get to County games, I will try to arrange trips to the UK to take in a few, and looking at it from a distance, I suspect that the optimists are getting a bit carried away. However it seems to me that we should have a comfortable season and that after the last three years is a Godsend.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » September 14th, 2017, 10:10 am

After seeing four games I'm optimistic for a top half finish. I think the difference is Amond. He makes space for himself and he always knows what he's going to do next in a way that, say, Alex Samuel doesn't (yet).

Going back years he reminds me of two prolific strikers back in the Newport AFC days in Chris Townsend and David Webley. Neither did anything at all more than about 30 yards from goal but they reacted very quickly to chances and got a high proportion on target.
no avatar
User

Somerton son

Postby Somerton son » September 14th, 2017, 11:07 am

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:

Conversely , we were very unlucky to come away from Exeter with nothing after having a perfect good goal disallowed , we also had a stone wall penalty denied us against Wycombe second half with the push on Nouble.

I do agree about the midfield though , without labadie it seems no one puts in a tackle.
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Postby Tony Soprano » September 14th, 2017, 5:52 pm

Ado wrote:

Calm down. We're allowed to discuss players performances - this is a discussion forum after all.

We won the game despite the awful conditions, a year ago we'd have buckled & lost so believe me my friend I'm calm.
Roll on Morecambe.
no avatar
User

county2016

Postby county2016 » September 14th, 2017, 7:12 pm

Lots of tippy tappy passes looks busy not doing much ...not looking most of the time ...was a fan....not so sure now ...hope he improves when labs is back
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Postby Justanordinaryfan » September 14th, 2017, 11:57 pm

county2016 wrote:Lots of tippy tappy passes looks busy not doing much ...not looking most of the time ...was a fan....not so sure now ...hope he improves when labs is back

Whilst he plays in amber, il always be a fan!
Previous