Dolan

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

JamieDf

Dolan

Postby JamieDf » September 13th, 2017, 3:17 pm

Mitch Rose in disguise :grin:
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Re: Dolan

Postby Exile 1976 » September 13th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Been excellent until 2nd half v Wycombe and last night, hopefully just a blip
User

Ado

Postby Ado » September 13th, 2017, 4:13 pm

He was awful from start to finish - really surprised he wasn't subbed. Hopefully he'll improve.
User

southernfan

Happyville, one day soon relocating to Clappyville (hopefully this season)

Postby southernfan » September 13th, 2017, 4:28 pm

JamieDf wrote:Mitch Rose in disguise :grin:

Serious question but how much of him have you seen this season? (not including 30s of highlights that often make experts)
User

southernfan

Happyville, one day soon relocating to Clappyville (hopefully this season)

Postby southernfan » September 13th, 2017, 4:28 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Been excellent until 2nd half v Wycombe and last night, hopefully just a blip

I would say that too.
no avatar
User

NewportExile

Postby NewportExile » September 13th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Been excellent until 2nd half v Wycombe and last night, hopefully just a blip

Agree 100% hopefully just a bad patch. another reason why Labs is so crucial for us! Dolan seems to crumble without him
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » September 13th, 2017, 6:31 pm

I'd like to think that last night was just one of those occasions when the weather had the last say. I think Dolan tried to play his natural game in circumstances that didn't allow him to. Probably means he should have adapted better. I'd like to think that we won't have to deal with those conditions again for a long while.
We've just come through three close games for which you could have swapped all the scores around. Perhaps Cheltenham's lowly position was misleading. I don't think Exeter were any better than them.
User

Ado

Postby Ado » September 13th, 2017, 6:46 pm

He was playing against Wycombe last Saturday when the weather was fine. Wycombe walked through our midfield when Labadie went off.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » September 13th, 2017, 7:31 pm

Sure, the team certainly needs Labadie to take on the strong arm role in midfield. Tozer is the obvious cover when he's fully fit. He seems to be getting unwarranted flack for his short appearance against Wycombe. I remember Byron returning surprisingly early after his broken leg. He played a full 90 minutes, was outstanding, but it set him back in the recovery. I don't think he ever played as well after that. Flynn is right to ease Tozer in gradually.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » September 13th, 2017, 8:04 pm

You're only as good as your last game as they say.Dolan was class now he is s..t according to some on here.The truth is we have 7 midfielders all have qualities and can all do a job for us.Labs is the shoe in with MF shuffling the pack with any 2 or 3 alongside him.Cole has had some critics as well,he will be ok.
no avatar
User

mike wilks

Bishop's Cleeve

Postby mike wilks » September 13th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Matt Dolan is a very good midfield player, moreover when complimented by Joss Labadie, who's influence has been greatly missed since his injury! He would be equally complimented by somebody of Labadies ilk....Unfortunately irrespective of our alternative midfield options, IMHO I don't feel we have the current formation with his absence, to counter his loss (and that isn't being disrespectful of our other options). I was at Coventry and witnessed a superb, if not backs to the wall team performance in which our midfield was as good as our defence! Three at the back including O'brien/Demetriou & White, supplemented by three central midfielders (Dolan/Labadie/Cole or AN Other)/ Two wing backs And Amond / Nouble or Reynolds, and I feel we'd be challenging for more than we'd normally expect.....The last two home games has been reliant on class defenders,so wish our injured a speedy recovery!
COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT
no avatar
User

Chez

Newport

Postby Chez » September 13th, 2017, 9:33 pm

Dolan is a very good player but its league 2. If players were at the peak of their powers every week then they wouldn't be here.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » September 13th, 2017, 9:36 pm

Chez wrote:Dolan is a very good player but its league 2. If players were at the peak of their powers every week then they wouldn't be here.

The most sensible post on this thread.
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Postby Tony Soprano » September 13th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Shock, horror, player has an off day!!

Get over it ffs, name me a player that's not had a bad day at the office. Jeez
no avatar
User

JamieDf

Postby JamieDf » September 13th, 2017, 10:25 pm

Tony Soprano wrote:Shock, horror, player has an off day!!

Get over it ffs, name me a player that's not had a bad day at the office. Jeez

Mitch Rose :grin:
Next