Re: Half n half scarves ....

Stan A. Einstein wrote:It is a far more complex issues than some realize. I personally think that they are daft. The point is will we make a profit selling them?

But again it is not quite so simple. County fans like everyone else have disposable income. It may well be the case that even if say £500's worth of these scarves were sold, that County fans would have spent some or all of that money on County related merchandise in any event.

Then you need to consider the cost. Not just the cost of production but also the cost in time and effort for the club in making the scarves available. We can see on another thread that Colin Jones has earned 48 Australian dollars through his efforts. However had he stacked shelves in his local supermarket and donated the proceeds of his labours to the club the hours of toil spent may well have produced more. Economists call this opportunity cost, by the way.

Quite right Stan, but then I would be doing work for the club rather than launching a new business that is trending to a 700,000 turnover in 2017, a. business opportunity which I offered to work with the board to replicate in the UK, on a profit share basis but which it appears there is no interest in.

Now a club of Newport County's size can't do anything near the analysis that is required. The best they can do is ring around other clubs and ask for their experience and also to look at our experience with the Blackburn game.

Lest you think I am writing this because of a fetish about scarves let me set your minds at ease. I am merely pointing out just how many different and difficult decisions need to be made in order to decide such a simple issue. And to point out why having a competent and accountable commercial manager is so vital.

Re: Half n half scarves ....

Bush wrote:
plantpot wrote:as most county fans are also leeds fans i think they will sell well to the locals.
Most Leeds fans are dead these days and those under 20 don't even know who you are. Basically Nottingham forest but without two European cups.
:lol:

look at the attendance stats some nice person as posted on this site.
13 years of beng s**t and still we pull the crowds in home and away. :cheers:

happy xmas now cheer up.