Re: Exiles Grandstand: Lincoln

Percy plunkett wrote:Anyone on the Bisley side see how Tozer got injured?
Didn't have to be over there to see it as the original incident happened in the centre of the park before he went down again on the Bisley touchline. He went for a header with a Lincoln player midway into their half and centerfield -
Lincoln player took his ground in the air by backing into him/jumping into him and I think it was how he then landed (rather than the knock itself) and subsequently struggled the next few minutes to shake it off. Was it a foul? ummhh maybe, I thought so at the time, but you see these little shoves and pushes all the time and Lincoln were all about playing right on the margin especially when it came to influencing the officials.

Percy plunkett wrote:Don't understand your reference to Hayes,Harps?
Journeyman who IMO wont make any difference to the side.
No game time in ages so will not come out running anyway.
The whole saga as a total farce unfortunately.
Are we paying his wages currently also.
Another Renee Howe type?

Mr Figo wrote:Although Labadie played well - Butler was MOTM by a country mile. The Cowley brothers didn't stop speaking to the fourth official the entire game - totally unwarranted. Although when one of them hit his head on the dugout it went quiet for 10 minutes while he recovered :lol: :cheers: . Lincoln were in the back and grabbing shirts - an outfit who came to frustrate. We desperately need a striker that can change games (if we can get one at this level) at the minute we look very one dimensional up front and need someone who can give us that extra edge.
Mr Figo
Get your vote in on the MOM thread please.

Harps62 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Don't understand your reference to Hayes,Harps?
Journeyman who IMO wont make any difference to the side.
No game time in ages so will not come out running anyway.
The whole saga as a total farce unfortunately.
Are we paying his wages currently also.
Another Renee Howe type?
Why so quick to knock a County player you haven't seen yet?

ref23 wrote:Nouble is first name on the team sheet for me. Acknowledge he has been ineffective last few games but my opinion is that this is more to do with service.

We’re missing a creative spark in midfield at the moment I reckon - Sheehan should fill that void. Until then I’d be playing Rigg.
Saw Rigg on the way into RP at about 2.45 getting into a car with Marlon and the injured left back.

Mr Figo wrote:Although Labadie played well - Butler was MOTM by a country mile. The Cowley brothers didn't stop speaking to the fourth official the entire game - totally unwarranted. Although when one of them hit his head on the dugout it went quiet for 10 minutes while he recovered :lol: :cheers: . Lincoln were in the back and grabbing shirts - an outfit who came to frustrate. We desperately need a striker that can change games (if we can get one at this level) at the minute we look very one dimensional up front and need someone who can give us that extra edge.
This is the first season in a while that we have three forwards who are scoring goals - with a bit of luck today both would have scored good goals in the first half narrowly missing sharp chances.

This is the first season in a while that we have three forwards who are scoring goals - with a bit of luck today both would have scored good goals in the first half narrowly missing sharp chances.

County ranger wrote:
Not one shot on target all match unfortunately.

somerton moss wrote:Harps mate don't tell Akinfenwa, Stead, Ellison, Danny Kedwell (on fire in Conference ) this they will be knocking on your door and not to sing carols.
Big difference though of course.
They are all still doing it and have never stopped.
Nothing against the fella but he hasn't been doing anything for years going back to Scunthorpe days.
That's 10 years ago and his best spell was actually 15 years ago.
1 in 5 for Wycombe so hardly sensational recently plus injuries.

Cheers

Harps.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Not knocking him.
Just look at his track record.
Nearing 35 do you seriously think he will have an upturn in form after all those years.
On a downhill slope I would guess.
Squad player at best.

Yet you still tug over Jackson.
At least Hayes has 'been there, done that' , something Marlon hasn't !!
Exile big difference is Marlon is still a youngster, obviously a lot to prove, Paul is 35 and done very little for 10 years.
Feel with injuries Marlon will not now make it with us unfortunately, hope I'm wrong though.

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Not knocking him.
Just look at his track record.
Nearing 35 do you seriously think he will have an upturn in form after all those years.
On a downhill slope I would guess.
Squad player at best.

Yet you still tug over Jackson.
At least Hayes has 'been there, done that' , something Marlon hasn't !!
Exile big difference is Marlon is still a youngster, obviously a lot to prove, Paul is 35 and done very little for 10 years.
Feel with injuries Marlon will not now make it with us unfortunately, hope I'm wrong though.

I don't think Hayes can offer us anything that we haven't already got.
I don't think Jackson is anywhere near League 2 standard and yeah , with his injury record could see him drop lower than Connie next season. Really want him to succeed but just can't see it