Re: Nouble

Percy plunkett wrote:A mate came with me today for his first game in 20 odd years.Just before half time he said to me about Frank."He's had plenty of the ball but doesn't do much with it".
Thought he was always hiding?

Harps62 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:A mate came with me today for his first game in 20 odd years.Just before half time he said to me about Frank."He's had plenty of the ball but doesn't do much with it".
Thought he was always hiding?
I've not said he hides.My mate's comment sums up what a few of us are saying.As Nathan Blake said on Saturday.No end product.

I know we think forwards are to score goals but look at our top scorers since we joined the league. Hardly prolific. I think frank closes down well which is good as we need to defend from the front, he is a handful, he flicks on or brings the ball down which helps us with our long ball tactics, and takes a few of their players out of the game which gives other players opportunities. Yes no end product if your thinking of goals but I can't see us getting in the front foot if we're lightweight up top and not pressing the opposition. Remember jolley. Pacey and prolific in the conference but could hardly beat a man in league 2. I think frank is there to do a job and he does it pretty well.

When Mcoulskey came on today and failed to chase down their defence and keeper etc I thought it invited more pressure on us as they had more time on the ball and had more opportunity to take time and to knock it into our box from around halfway.

Mcoulskey is great for what he can do but with our type of play it's frank all day for me.

theale wrote:Frank definitely has ability and I do think he's 100% but today he was very very poor
So, much worse than just 'poor' then?
I don't think anyone was poor today. We played a team who if they had won, would have moved into third place in the league. I honestly don't know what some fans expect. I suppose it's just a symptom of a diet of TV football.
Last edited by excessbee on January 1st, 2018, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote:
theale wrote:Frank definitely has ability and I do think he's 100% but today he was very very poor
So much worse than just 'poor'.
I don't think anyone was poor today. We played a team who if they had won, would have moved into third place in the league. I honestly don't know what some fans expect. I suppose it's just a symptom of a diet of TV football.
The comment very poor is a total joke.
The team played apart from the first 7 minutes of the second half as well as any game this season and our boys are being slated.
Unbelievable.
When we outplay a side above us in the league.
Joke supporters will never be happy.
Nobody was very poor today.
Scott has played better as has Ben but that's as far as that goes for F***ks sake

He's a bit 'rusty' on League 2 football then - if he starts coming over more regularly then he might get back into the real world of live footie. Hope he enjoyed watching the County as much as I did today.

Fourthousand wrote:
He's a bit 'rusty' on League 2 football then - if he starts coming over more regularly then he might get back into the real world of live footie. Hope he enjoyed watching the County as much as I did today.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Spot on your last sentence.