Re: Nouble

When he was played as an attacking mid he scored 3 goals in 5 games, then JEd reverted to playing him anywhere bar his preferred position, left back, right back, def mid....

With regards to Noooobs, he's not very good in the air, pretty decent with the ball and a lot of the time his decisions frustrate the **** out of me, but despite that I'm a fan of his and I'd rather him playing and with Amond alongside him.

All of you knocking big Frank need to have a look at comment on the Cheltenham forum.....seems the opposing fans take the opposite view to you. Only great comments about him ...most would love to have him in their side.
As for "Tony Soprano " ...Frank had an awful game....yeah , what game were you watching!!!! Never take your opinion seriously ...Frank is frustrating,but "awful game". ...you must be pi**ed!

russia wrote:All of you knocking big Frank need to have a look at comment on the Cheltenham forum.....seems the opposing fans take the opposite view to you. Only great comments about him ...most would love to have him in their side.
As for "Tony Soprano " ...Frank had an awful game....yeah , what game were you watching!!!! Never take your opinion seriously ...Frank is frustrating,but "awful game". ...you must be pi**ed!
To be fair they only saw him for one game - I agree Frank was not awful yesterday - just ineffective and drifted out of the game - which has become the norm. Nathan Blake is right when he said there was no end product - a couple of shots at the keeper just ain't enough I'm afraid.

Sorry guys but this is looking like a witch hunt of a player who wears our colours.

We are not a Chelsea or a Liverpool; in case you have forgotton, we are Newport County remember who exist on a average gate of 3,200 in L2, fans owned (so no benefactor) and a club that has managed to have finished just outside the drop zone for the last two seasons with a revolving turnstile for manangers and a comparatively small budget.

So all you fans who have a pop at your own player and 'would swap him for xy or z player' let me tell you it doesn't work like that in the real world - this isn't fantasy football to 'click a swap'.

I hate to break it to you but strikers are not breaking down Michael's door to take a pay cut or drop down the divisions'to work and play on the 'South Wales Riveira' (if you don't come from the area you wouldn't know it's beauty).

We have heard from MF that he couldn't get anywhere near Lincoln's offer for a player (Green) that he wanted to bring to the club, couldn't get anywhere near FGR or indeed non league outfits splashing the cash. We by and large get what we can afford - if you don't want journeyman, or players trying to kick start their careers (again or from new) or who come with issues or question marks, but if you demand proven, gilt edged strikers, then dig deep and start lobbing your cash towards Michael so we can pay a fee for a player who is hot property and makes it a 'no brainer' to join the Port - because that is what he is up against - £200k anyone?

Ps I am more than happy seeing Frank upfront with Padraig in the starting line up.

Fourthousand wrote:Sorry guys but this is looking like a witch hunt of a player who wears our colours.

We are not a Chelsea or a Liverpool; in case you have forgotton, we are Newport County remember who exist on a average gate of 3,200 in L2, fans owned (so no benefactor) and a club that has managed to have finished just outside the drop zone for the last two seasons with a revolving turnstile for manangers and a comparatively small budget.

So all you fans who have a pop at your own player and 'would swap him for xy or z player' let me tell you it doesn't work like that in the real world - this isn't fantasy football to 'click a swap'.

I hate to break it to you but strikers are not breaking down Michael's door to take a pay cut or drop down the divisions'to work and play on the 'South Wales Riveira' (if you don't come from the area you wouldn't know it's beauty).

We have heard from MF that he couldn't get anywhere near Lincoln's offer for a player (Green) that he wanted to bring to the club, couldn't get anywhere near FGR or indeed non league outfits splashing the cash. We by and large get what we can afford - if you don't want journeyman, or players trying to kick start their careers (again or from new) or who come with issues or question marks, but if you demand proven, gilt edged strikers, then dig deep and start lobbing your cash towards Michael so we can pay a fee for a player who is hot property and makes it a 'no brainer' to join the Port - because that is what he is up against - £200k anyone?

Ps I am more than happy seeing Frank upfront with Padraig in the starting line up.
Very good post.

He needs to be dropped and shown that he can’t just walk into the team. A lot of the time he looks lethargic and lazy when we haven’t got the ball

Amond scored yesterday and plays well every game he plays , Mccoulsky scores quite often, yet why are they the ones that are being chopped and changed all the time ?!

How he’s finished so many games this season is beyond me ! Most games Flynn takes off Mccoulsky /amond to bring on the other , when Frank looks shattered! :?

Exeter start Amond and Mccoulsky , have frank as a plan b for hold up play when their defenders are tiring

We are too predictable, understand that we can’t rest players as we haven’t got the biggest squad but by changing it up a bit it gives the opposition more to think about as a lot of teams have already figured us out

Amond plays well every game?
McCoulsky agree scores.
Appreciate Amond is a better bet than McCousky but Frank has to be first choice.
McCoulsky out of his depth most of the games he has started.
Never seen Frank look lethargic or lazy.
Fella tracks back for every corner to start with.
All those knocking the fella do not realise how marvellous it is to have some quality in the side.
When I think of some of the next to useless forwards we have had since coming back into the league.
One good thing it has stopped the Robbie berating for a while anyway.

Harps goals win games m8 not a step over now and then i agree yesterday frank was poor quickest he ran all game when he got subbed .shaune sd have been on ages before he did .frank is a striker guys what do strikers do ????? Answers on post cards

Owls.
Would help if he had a bit of service.
Appreciate I was not there yesterday but Joe trying to get snow on the ball wont help.
Frank is hopeless at jumping from a standing start.
He needs to stay in the centre never get out wide.
Him and Amond need to be within 20 yards of each other for the 90 minutes with either Robbie or Lamar getting wide ball into them or Dolan who has been a big disappointment this year apart from a couple of brilliant free kicks and a few good corners getting ball to him through the centre.
We have had Robbie & Big Frank bashing but not a word about Dolan who is overweight slow and non existent in most games including yesterday from comments I have read.
Lets knock him next. No please don't.
If a player is totally crap 100% of the time fair game ie Mary or Jeffers but Frank, Robbie and even Dolan have performed well during the season so far albeit somewhat staggered
ps never got your pm
Cheers
Harps

You constantly criticise Dolan but when people criticise your fave players Willmott & Noooooubs you have a go at them for player bashing....Unbelievable.

Dolan was not non existent yesterday , worked very hard but didn't play very well, very much like Willmott ..

Harps you say play as a pair ? Frank choose s to go out wide for what ever reason ,almond not only done his own running but franks as well he is a striker and they get judged on goals not stepovers now and then . I dont like saying this but he was lazy as yesterday harps. Frank imo needs to be left out and see how he responds. Harps got you a umbrella if you still want one ?

Exile 1976 wrote:You constantly criticise Dolan but when people criticise your fave players Willmott & Noooooubs you have a go at them for player bashing....Unbelievable.

Dolan was not non existent yesterday , worked very hard but didn't play very well, very much like Willmott ..
Cannot agree Exile.
Just pointing out that first it was a tirade at Robbie even on the day he got voted MOM there were contributors on here stating he was crap.
Its now moved to Lambasting Big Frank so I have suggested why pick on Frank when Dolan has been non existant far more than Big Frank this year.
Just to get it correct I have no favourites whoever plays well will always get my vote its just my opinion which counts for nothing in the scheme of things.
For a bit of fun I will comment on each of the squad as its persisting down outside and Mrs Harps has a chick flick on the TV

Joe. If somebody could get him to dominate the box and distribute the ball he would be way above our level.
Bittner Time to get a competitor for Joe so will be gone.
Pipey Last season but immense comeback for us.
Ben White Will make a name for himself.
Demetriou Get him signed up for as long as possible.
Bennett Will be gone at end of season on a free.
Dan. Like Micky get him signed up sharpish.
Tozer Rate him.
Labs Get him signed up sharpish.
Dolan Maybe gone at end of season if he cannot dominate midfield.
Robbie. Should not be played in centre needs to be out on the wing full time.
Lamar Needs 90 minutes regularly now.
Padraig Could be a legend with the correct partnership.
Big Frank. Enigma but has total class above division 2.
Rigg Very unfortunate.
McCoulsky Will get more goals if he stays.
TOE Not up to it no progress will drop into Nationwide which is a shame.
Williams Get him in the squad goals count.
Barnum Very unlucky just Flynny doesn't rate him. Good player.
Jahrahldo Unfortunate to get long term injury
Marlon Likewise.
Foulston Great potential
Touray Who knows at this stage.
Turley Will not be back

Apologies to anybody I have left out.

Its a bit of fun lads, that's all.
Lets hope tomorrow we start the new year flying.