Re: TRANSFER WINDOW NEWS

Harps62 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Would be nice if certain posters gave Collins a chance to get on the pitch before completely writing off the lad.

Flynn doesn't rate Williams. Regardless of him banging in the goals in the NLN. Shaun Jeffers did last season, I doubt anyone would take him back. He's likely on a decent wage that doesn't match his place in the pecking order (with Collins likely costing us nothing), nobody that would want Williams would pay anything for him anyway, so terminating the contract is the only logical step left.
Okay lets save a few bob and take somebody on who has made no progress whatsoever in 2 years and wasn't up to it before he left.
Wolves were the suckers for paying out a few bob.
Big thanks there for sure.
He's likely not going to feature much. Similar to Williams if he'd stayed. Pointless keeping a player if they're not going to feature, especially if they're being paid.

I don't think anyone is expecting miracles from Collins, but Williams didn't do much while he was here anyway. Scoring a few goals in a mostly part-time league doesn't change the fact Flynn doesn't rate him. Best of luck to him.

Would be nice if you shared some of that support you have for Willmott with the young local lad returning to his hometown club tbh.

Harps62 wrote:
Ado wrote:
rodneyboy wrote:Grego-Cox released.I thought he done well with his time with us.
A bit lightweight and injury prone. No thanks.
Are you having a laugh.
Fella was superb even under 6 inches of water.
Rate Robbie but he was a bit special

Doesn't matter anyway, he's signed for non league Woking...

Flynny hasn't gone much wrong since he took over. However, resigning Marlon & releasing Ryan Bird & now taking back Collins on loan & letting go a proven goal-scorer (albeit at a lower level) in Williams baffles me & most posters on here. It's what he gets paid for I suppose & will live or die by his decisions.

Dogger wrote:Flynny hasn't gone much wrong since he took over. However, resigning Marlon & releasing Ryan Bird & now taking back Collins on loan & letting go a proven goal-scorer (albeit at a lower level) in Williams baffles me & most posters on here. It's what he gets paid for I suppose & will live or die by his decisions.
That’s true for a lot of us no doubt but I suppose he has his firm opinions on what he wants from and what he thinks he can get out of these players in the team plan he has formulated and we just have to support and let him get on with it. He hasn’t done badly so far :wink:

Exile 1976 wrote:I guess you've now left the "In Flynn I Trust" brigade then Harps..
Personally I'd prefer Williams over Collins but it's done now, time to get behind him hey ...
Nope doing a great job.
Like you say its done now but just cannot understand the thinking behind it unfortunately.
Williams went away proved himself in 6 months.
Aaron went away 2 years ago and has done nothing yet.

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I guess you've now left the "In Flynn I Trust" brigade then Harps..
Personally I'd prefer Williams over Collins but it's done now, time to get behind him hey ...
Nope doing a great job.
Like you say its done now but just cannot understand the thinking behind it unfortunately.
Williams went away proved himself in 6 months.
Aaron went away 2 years ago and has done nothing yet.

But even the legendary Shaun Jeffers scored for fun (21 league goals) in the Connie South a couple of seasons ago, huge difference to that league and League 2....
Like I said, I really like Williams but Flynny sees him all the time in training so he's obviously not impressed him or he'd have given him a shot...

I agree, to an extent, i'd have Williams every day of the week but there is a comparison of sorts as both filled their boots in a league two levels below the FL and neither scored a great amount in the FL... but jeeeez it's not about the comparison of the two of them, I'm just trying to point out to you the difference in levels and why, possibly, Flynny has decided that Williams isn't up to it and in fairness, you didn't think he was up to it last season either...
Last edited by Exile 1976 on January 13th, 2018, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Different struggling side against one that is flying now.
We would not be debating it if Flynny had brought in a forward with huge potential or a great track record but he hasn't.
Its not just me under impressed with Collins return.
Lets hope he makes a total monkey out of me and I am eating humble pie at the end of the season.
Got a feeling I wont be though.
Sure you are correct about standard differences although Parkin would be our top scorer if he had stayed last season and this.
Craig Reid probably the most obvious, legend couple of leagues below and Div 2 not a hope of any success.